270799 Posts in 19739 Topics - by 1829 Members - Latest Member: Simplesimon

Hello Guest
Show unread posts since last visit.
Show new replies to your posts.

Author Topic: 2013 Grand Caravan air bag sensor  (Read 1697 times)

Offline texasgirl

• Awards:
2013 Grand Caravan air bag sensor
« on: October 18, 2015, 04:29:49 am »
Bought a 2013 minivan with Braun conversion for wheelchair use. The day it was being delivered by the conversion rep, the airbag light came on as they were leaving their lot. They took it to a Dodge dealer and had it fixed something to do with the sensor module.

Fast forward a couple of weeks and a few miles, and that light started coming on intermittently. Any ideas?

Offline bikemancs

• NASCAR Crew Chief
  • Awards:
    100krotmDonorArmy
Re: 2013 Grand Caravan air bag sensor
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2015, 11:51:43 am »
Loose wire... check the connections you can, or, depending on the amount of time bring it back to the dealership and make sure they fix it under their cost.  (can be up to 30 days)

MAG-Tech Transmission Pan and Diff Covers, Isspro Gauges, UWS Tool box, Magnaflow 5" Exhaust, AFe Intake, Mopar Heated Seats

Offline texasgirl

• Awards:
Re: 2013 Grand Caravan air bag sensor
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2015, 03:37:46 am »
I took it back to the conversion company yesterday. They checked with Dodge to make sure there wasn't a new recall or anything. Think it has to do with the electrical work when the wheelchair conversion was done. I'll post the results when I hear.

UPDATE:  It turns out that when the conversion work was done, a "butt connection" was left alone when it should have been soldered. The warning system mistook it for an open circuit and the warning light popped up on the dash. I'll pick up the van Monday.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2015, 04:54:52 am by texasgirl »

Questions, Concerns, Comments? Contact DOF Administrators
DodgeOwnerForums.com is not affiliated with Chrysler Group, LLC or Cummins, Inc