270799 Posts in 19739 Topics - by 1830 Members - Latest Member: Simplesimon

Hello Guest
Show unread posts since last visit.
Show new replies to your posts.

Author Topic: Headlights question  (Read 2279 times)

Offline Daniel A.

• Awards:
Headlights question
« on: November 29, 2017, 12:23:17 pm »
Hi everyone, I've got a 2007 Nitro, and I am planning to upgrade my front fascia. I have got a minor mod project, which is mostly cosmetical. Now, here is what I wanted to clarify with you, guys. I want to replace the lower lights (where turnsignals are) with LEDs. I am planning to do something like this guy did  (see the pic)

Here is the web site I copied it from - https://www.carid.com/gallery/dodge/nitro/
Now, my Nitro is not that new, you know, and here is my concern. I've heared that on the older vehicles you cannot use LEDs, especially in the turn signals, because they are likely to hyperflash. And the solution is load resistor. I wanted to ask those of you, who dealt with the LED lights install in your Nitros - did they really hyperflicker? If so, what kind of resistor you used and where did you wire them to?
Thanks.

Offline bikemancs

• NASCAR Crew Chief
  • Awards:
    100krotmDonorArmy
Re: Headlights question
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2017, 02:33:34 am »
I replaced my standard bulbs with LED bulbs.  They do hyper flicker.  I need to install a ballast resistor inline. 

MAG-Tech Transmission Pan and Diff Covers, Isspro Gauges, UWS Tool box, Magnaflow 5" Exhaust, AFe Intake, Mopar Heated Seats

Questions, Concerns, Comments? Contact DOF Administrators
DodgeOwnerForums.com is not affiliated with Chrysler Group, LLC or Cummins, Inc