270799 Posts in 19739 Topics - by 1830 Members - Latest Member: Simplesimon

Hello Guest
Show unread posts since last visit.
Show new replies to your posts.

Author Topic: P2262 Code on 2012 Dodge Ram 6.7L Diesel  (Read 2828 times)

Offline VickiL

• Awards:
P2262 Code on 2012 Dodge Ram 6.7L Diesel
« on: September 07, 2017, 03:08:07 pm »
I have a 2012 Dodge Ram 3500 4x4 6.7L Diesel with 55500 miles on it.  It is out of warranty.  The MIL light came on the other day, stayed on for a day and then went out.  Then the engine made a rattling noise the other night.  I have a friend that works for a dealership and he brought his computer home and plugged my truck in.  It gave him 2  P2262 errors.  He is telling me that the turbo is going out and that it will need to be replaced.  I asked him why it is going out.  He goes into all the exhaust gibberish, but what I finally got out of it was that because I do not use my engine brake, the exhaust built up and is causing the turbo to go out. 

To my knowledge no one has told me that I should run with the engine brake on.  I have another friend that told me to be sure and run it at 75 mph for about a hour to get it really hot so that it will burn the exhaust out.  It does go into the regen mode ever so often.  Nothing has ever come up telling me that the exhaust needs cleaning.  I took it in to the dealership recently to get all the recalls taken care of. 

I need advice on what is going on with the truck and what I should do.  I do not want to go into this blind and believing everything that I am told by the dealership.  Or should I just take it in and get a new one?  Thanks in advance for your advice. 

Vicki

Offline Smitty

• Service Manager
  • Awards:
    100KDonorUSAF
Re: P2262 Code on 2012 Dodge Ram 6.7L Diesel
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2017, 12:45:55 pm »
I have a 2017 2500.  I was told on another forum to always drive the truck with the engine brake on. This supposedly keeps the exhaust/soot from building up on the turbo. You friend may be right???  :scratch:
2017 Ram 2500 Big Horn 4x4, 6.7 CTD
2016 Heritage Glen 272RLS

Questions, Concerns, Comments? Contact DOF Administrators
DodgeOwnerForums.com is not affiliated with Chrysler Group, LLC or Cummins, Inc