270799 Posts in 19739 Topics - by 1830 Members - Latest Member: Simplesimon

Hello Guest
Show unread posts since last visit.
Show new replies to your posts.

Author Topic: Will the Dodge Grand Caravan ever be discontinued?  (Read 1724 times)

Offline joe77

• Awards:
Will the Dodge Grand Caravan ever be discontinued?
« on: May 11, 2019, 06:41:15 am »
Hello everyone,

So the current iteration of the Dodge Grand Caravan has been in production since 2008 and 2019 models are at dealerships now. You have the Chrysler Pacifica which has been on sale for a couple of years which was supposed to be the successor to the DGC - Marchionne said it was to be discontinued after 2016 - but alas it is still here. Clearly the minivan is a bit aged when you look at the interior and compare it to a newer minivan like the Pacifica. But apparently, people keep buying them.

People may say that the Grand Caravan is much like the rental-car special Chevy Impala, but even that car only went from 2006 to 2016, and for the last three years of production only to fleets. (Side note, love my 2007 Impala, everything creaks and make noises but it’s never stranded me.) You can still buy this van on a dealer lot, though obviously most go to rental lots, and there’s no indication it’s going anywhere.

Don’t get me wrong, I like the Grand Caravan, more than most actually. I think it’s a toaster done right. I really like the way the front and rear look, especially with the Blacktop package. It’s inoffensive (cough cough Nissan Quest) but looks very solid. Also, although the interior is aged, it looks okay. The touchscreens look pretty normal. When I get older I think the DGC would make a cool ski vehicle to take up Mt. Rainier for cheap. It has a solid and bulletproof engine with the 300 horsepower Pentastar, and again, looks pretty nice in black.

But anyway. Sergio Marchionne said he wanted to make a successor to the Grand Caravan, but he’s passed (RIP to the coolest CEO in the car business). Will Mike Manley finally give the Grand Caravan the axe, or in light of its surprisingly good sales, will it just keep chugging along?

EDIT: Just pointing out, I’m pro-Grand Caravan. I like the van as mentioned above, my family van for all of my life until like 13 was a 2002 Dodge Grand Caravan. Love the vans. Would hate to see it killed.

Thank you!

Questions, Concerns, Comments? Contact DOF Administrators
DodgeOwnerForums.com is not affiliated with Chrysler Group, LLC or Cummins, Inc