270799 Posts in 19739 Topics - by 1830 Members - Latest Member: Simplesimon

Hello Guest
Show unread posts since last visit.
Show new replies to your posts.

Author Topic: got a delivery today  (Read 3689 times)

Offline 1SlowFormula

• Sr Technician
  • Awards:
    ContributorUS Army
got a delivery today
« on: May 06, 2010, 07:29:20 pm »
It appears when a big rig pulls up in front of your house it is easier to back your truck up and have the stuff dumped right into the bed then bringing it down off the truck. Sorry I didn't have the camera out when he was here but you have to trust me when I say my lowered tailgate of my truck is almost exactly the same height as the load surface of the the rig, that was pretty cool. The driver of the rig was suprised and thought I must have had like an 8" lift or something, lol...

Well here are the pics, I will probably try and get them installed tomorrow if I cannot get there today...

« Last Edit: May 06, 2010, 07:37:15 pm by 1SlowFormula »
John P. - 2007 2500 SLT, QC, 4X4, 5.9 CTD, G56 6spd w/SBC DD clutch, 6" BDS lift, 37" VorTrac's, Smarty, AFE stg 2 CAI, CFM+, Labonte DIS-S4, Exergy +40% injectors, II BoP, AirDog II 165, MBRP exhaust and !cat, and Amsoil BMK-25 and all fuilds.

Offline bikemancs

• NASCAR Crew Chief
  • Awards:
    100krotmDonorArmy
Re: got a delivery today
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2010, 08:10:20 pm »
Those are some aggressive looking tires....

MAG-Tech Transmission Pan and Diff Covers, Isspro Gauges, UWS Tool box, Magnaflow 5" Exhaust, AFe Intake, Mopar Heated Seats

Offline 1SlowFormula

• Sr Technician
  • Awards:
    ContributorUS Army
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2010, 08:13:25 pm »
yeah it suprised me over the pics of them I saw online...

I just hope they are as quiet as people say they are, these Nittos are driving me crazy with the windows down...
John P. - 2007 2500 SLT, QC, 4X4, 5.9 CTD, G56 6spd w/SBC DD clutch, 6" BDS lift, 37" VorTrac's, Smarty, AFE stg 2 CAI, CFM+, Labonte DIS-S4, Exergy +40% injectors, II BoP, AirDog II 165, MBRP exhaust and !cat, and Amsoil BMK-25 and all fuilds.

Offline RoaminGnome

• Master Technician
  • Chrome hating gnome!
  • Awards:
    High Mile
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2010, 11:49:40 pm »
I miss my mud tires soooooo much. These all terrains are OK but they failed this winter :(

Remember us and take pics ;D
:fwin: <--- just says i all :D

Offline kenz

• Michigan Historian
  • Sportsman Moderator
  • NASCAR Crew Chief
  • Coming to a state near you
  • Awards:
    100KContributing MemberDonor
« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2010, 02:04:17 am »
Nice looking shoes! I ran Interco's years back on my jeep, good quality tire. A friend runs Nitto's like yours on his Superduty....nice looking tire, but they do make some noise.

2005 QC Dually 2wd CTD 6-spd. SRT-6, AEM Brute Force intake, Smarty Sr., D.O.F. shift knob, 5" to dual side exit 4" exhaust, Quad Scout, road kill kat, 2011 Coachmen North Ridge fifth wheel

I MAY BE OLD, BUT I GOT TO SEE ALL THE GOOD BANDS.....

Offline NickC

• Mechanical God!!!
  • V-neck pimp daddy
  • Awards:
    100kHeavyrotm400Donor
« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2010, 02:18:24 am »
Is it just me, or do the new tires look less aggressive than the ones you have on right now?

They are nice though, especially the size!

05 2500 AUTO 4X4 4:10 LARAMIE CTD-CAT/SILENCER RING?, AERO 4040XL, SMARTY, XM RADIO, RECON CAB LIGHTS, CUP SMOOTHIE, QUAD COMMANDER, CFM+ MANIFOLD, S&B INTAKE, FOX WEATHER BOOTS

Offline 1SlowFormula

• Sr Technician
  • Awards:
    ContributorUS Army
« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2010, 01:43:32 pm »
Is it just me, or do the new tires look less aggressive than the ones you have on right now?

They are nice though, especially the size!
Nick, they are supposed to look less aggressive, I was switching from a Mud Terrain tire to and All Terrain tire. I should se a slight MPG increase and less noise, the Nitto Mud Grapplers are known to be loud and if you check out my vids you will hear them over everything else, and when I started putting the windows down when the weather got nice they were really freeking annoying. They work great in snow and mud, but aren't the best street tire and when I know within the next 2 months I will be putting over 10K miles on the truck pulling a trailer I wanted a tire that was better for the street...

Offline Cumminalong

• Master of Destruction - Breaker of performance parts
  • Official DOF Vendor
  • Mechanical God!!!
  • The BOMB'r
  • Awards:
    1100ROTYMember of the Year1 Tech
« Reply #7 on: May 07, 2010, 01:48:32 pm »
:punk:

Offline 1SlowFormula

• Sr Technician
  • Awards:
    ContributorUS Army
« Reply #8 on: May 07, 2010, 09:16:35 pm »
Wow what a difference a tire makes, the ride back was great, well after the bags of equal broke an ballanced the tires after the first 13 miles of the trip back. The truck acts differently it turn in better in turns at all speeds and much better at slow speeds, I don't have to fight the wheel as much now. These tires are almost perfectly quiet even at 70 MPH so that's great. And on top of that they feel so much better, normally with the old tires on at very low MPH's (1-5) it felt like I was riding on a cobblestone road, that feeling is gone but with that so is some of my stability while at a stop. Because the mud terains had such large voids in the tread, when the truck was stopped at a ligth I could just sit there with the truck in neutral and not holding the brakes and it wouldn't roll even on a slight incline, but I did the same thing I normally do while sitting at a light on the way home and the truck slowly rolled forward and almost hit the car in front of me...  :eek:

MPG's showed a 3+ MPG increase based on the lie-o-meter (I hit the reset button when I left the house then again when I left my buddies shop), out the 25 miles to his shop it read 13.9 on the display, when I got home it read 17.2, but that wasn't a real test since I did let it idle for about 5 minutes when I first got to his shop while unstrapping the tires and I didn't hit the reset until after the tires were changed and the truck driven into the bay and back, but it was pretty close to the same ride otherwise...  :up:

I miss my mud tires soooooo much. These all terrains are OK but they failed this winter :(

Remember us and take pics ;D
OK, so the baby was fussy when I went to my buddies place to get them mounted and I forgot to grab the camera, so no side by side pics like I wanted to get with one of each type mounted to a rim...

Here is how it sits now (yes, I know it needs a bath)...

Offline NickC

• Mechanical God!!!
  • V-neck pimp daddy
  • Awards:
    100kHeavyrotm400Donor
« Reply #9 on: May 08, 2010, 12:31:13 am »
Ide do it!  ;D

:punk:

05 2500 AUTO 4X4 4:10 LARAMIE CTD-CAT/SILENCER RING?, AERO 4040XL, SMARTY, XM RADIO, RECON CAB LIGHTS, CUP SMOOTHIE, QUAD COMMANDER, CFM+ MANIFOLD, S&B INTAKE, FOX WEATHER BOOTS

Offline NickBeek

• Mechanical God!!!
  • Awards:
    Donor150k400 HPContributor
« Reply #10 on: May 08, 2010, 02:05:02 am »
They look good. :up:
2014 Ram 2500 Laramie, 4x4, 3.42 gears. Auto Trans, Crew cab, long bed. Window Visors, trifold bed cover.

Offline biged681985

• 2009 Fantasy NFL Champ
  • Shade Tree Certified
  • Service Manager
  • Awards:
    Shade Tree400HPDonorHighMileContributor
« Reply #11 on: May 08, 2010, 03:08:49 am »
look good man. the mud grapplers suited the truck better, but the interco suit the purpose of what ur using the truck for better :)
2006 Ram 2500 - billet s467.7, colt stage 4 cam, 180% over ducky fuel injection injectors, fleece 10mm stroker pump, studs, built trans

Questions, Concerns, Comments? Contact DOF Administrators
DodgeOwnerForums.com is not affiliated with Chrysler Group, LLC or Cummins, Inc