270799 Posts in 19739 Topics - by 1830 Members - Latest Member: Simplesimon

Hello Guest
Show unread posts since last visit.
Show new replies to your posts.

Author Topic: 2011 Member of the Year nominations  (Read 1805 times)

Offline Methos

• Slowly going crazy....
  • Administrator
  • NASCAR Crewmember
  • Awards:
    MOTY200K400 HPDonor
2011 Member of the Year nominations
« on: January 09, 2012, 09:09:43 pm »
Time to make your nomination for the DOF 2011 Member Of The Year.

This is an opportunity for YOU, the members who make DOF what it is, the opportunity to recognize that member who has made the biggest impact on our community.

Nominations will begin NOW (January 9th) and run through Jan 15th.

Voting will take place from Jan 16th through Jan 31st, at which time the winner will be announced.

In order to nominate a member, you must do one thing. Write a short summary (1 paragraph) as to why that person should be the 2010 MOTY.

All members of the forum are eligible, all nominations will be accepted, there is no requirement for a second for that person to be eligible.

The person nominating simply has to explain why that person should be the MOTY.

Thank you to everyone that has helped make DOF what it is today and we all look forward to seeing you in the New Year and making DOF even better than this year.

Good Luck to the nominees!

Offline lilfroger

• Administrator
  • Mechanical God!!!
  • Not a "god" ... I just talk a lot
  • Awards:
    ROTMDonorARMYMOTY
Re: 2011 Member of the Year nominations
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2012, 09:44:29 pm »
I would like to nominate Methos (Dennis):

Dennis has year after year always been there to keep DOF running at the technical level.  He is constantly jumping on small & large issues a like. He will hunt down any complaint tirelessly until he can find a way to make the system run better & provide the results the members are expecting.  Dennis has been instrumental in the research, testing & implementation of every change we have put in place for DOF.  There is not a section of the database, a piece of code, or a call he has not at some point reviewed & touched.   

Without Dennis the technical abilities of DOF would be no where near what they are now.  No dollar value can be put on the amount of hours, knowledge level, commitment, & love he gives us every week.  (which is really REALLY good for us...since we don't pay him :lol: )

I would love to see Dennis in the 'Congratulation 2011 MOTY' thread and get a small piece of recognition for all that he has done for this community.

Brother I love you, I miss working with you daily on the back-end functionality of DOF. I appreciate all you do, & the fact you have not blocked my IM's and emails for all the 'hey go look @ xyz' messages I have sent you since stepping down :D .  I can not explain in words how much knowing you were at the reigns eased my decision to step down from my role as admin around here.  I know that DOF is in the greatest hands possible knowing that you and Rob are at the controls.  :up: Thank you from the bottom of my heart for doing what you do daily.

-Jo
Install, Owners, & Service Manuals for many years & makes:
http://www.scribd.com/lilfroger

Offline noplugs

• Kung Fu Panda! - closeted conservative
  • Administrator
  • NASCAR Crew Chief
  • This thing has 4 wheel drive?
  • Awards:
    600 HPShade TreeDistinguishedApril ROTMDonor
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2012, 10:10:15 pm »
Ill second that  :up:
659 HP/1287 TQ -- She's BACK!  Yeah,,, nope she's not stock..

Doghouse Diesel Performance rocks

Nothing is exactly as it seems,nor is it otherwise

Offline Methos

• Slowly going crazy....
  • Administrator
  • NASCAR Crewmember
  • Awards:
    MOTY200K400 HPDonor
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2012, 04:16:59 am »
I am going ro throw Walt (Bigriver) into this.

Walt puts forward a positive attitude that reflects on DOF in a great way.  His comments are always well thought out and expressed without making qnyone feel under valued.  During his stint spent on the moderator team , often times he intenitionally woukd step back and act as the "cooler head" to give us all another perspective on difficult issues.  Having had the pleasure to get to know Walt in person I firmly believe he is the kind of man that would give someine in need the shirt off his back.

All of this and he's a heck of a chef too boot!

Walt certainly makes one shining example for all of us.  So, it is my pleasure to nominate him as well as be able to call him friend.

Offline Jims1dodge

• NASCAR Crewmember
  • Awards:
    Heavy Haulerdonor100k
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2012, 04:32:50 am »
How about Mayfair= Donny?
He is there with a quick wit and a humor that see's the best of people which WE all need redardless of what others think.
He offers help when he knows he is over his head, but will find a way if he can.
He supports his local community like no one else here does.

And yes, I'd steal his truck in a heartbeat.. ( I miss my '01)
You can't fix stupid

~When I was a boy I was told that anybody could become President. Now I’m beginning to believe it

Offline Cumminalong

• Master of Destruction - Breaker of performance parts
  • Official DOF Vendor
  • Mechanical God!!!
  • The BOMB'r
  • Awards:
    1100ROTYMember of the Year1 Tech
« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2012, 05:20:59 am »
All great nominations.

Won't go wrong with any of them.

:up:

Offline 1970496STChevelle

• Tech Certified
  • Sr Technician
  • Awards:
    1000HPTech CertifiedDistinguished
« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2012, 05:35:58 am »
I second that, all three are stand up guys.....
 :fart:

1970 Chevelle 496 Single 101mm Turbo . . . Stock door panels and rear seat. (It was easier to say what is stock than list all the mods.)
2004 Duramax Heavy Dooty, Edge CTS, S&B intake, MPRP exhaust

1965 Corvette Stingray (Dad's car)
1970 Corvette Convertible (Mom's car)
1931 Sedan Delivery (Grandfather's, bought new)

Offline Methos

• Slowly going crazy....
  • Administrator
  • NASCAR Crewmember
  • Awards:
    MOTY200K400 HPDonor
« Reply #7 on: January 16, 2012, 02:57:05 pm »
Ok, niminations are closed.  The official candidates are
Methos
Bigriver
Mayfair

Offline Methos

• Slowly going crazy....
  • Administrator
  • NASCAR Crewmember
  • Awards:
    MOTY200K400 HPDonor

Offline mayfair

• Master Smartazz!!!
  • Shade Tree Certified
  • Mechanical God!!!
  • Last 8 - w j 1 8 7 6 2 5
  • Awards:
    rotm200k400 HPShade TreeContributorDonor
« Reply #9 on: January 16, 2012, 10:17:10 pm »
How about Mayfair= Donny?
He is there with a quick wit and a humor that see's the best of people which WE all need redardless of what others think.
He offers help when he knows he is over his head, but will find a way if he can.
He supports his local community like no one else here does.

And yes, I'd steal his truck in a heartbeat.. ( I miss my '01)

DAMN dude - I don't know what to say! :eek:

I know I've been hit and miss lately and it's mostly because of the community thing that you mentioned. There's a TON of work to be done, and unfortunately only a few of us carrying the load.

For example - Last year we:

- Had a 5K run honoring our fallen heroes and as a result we were able to donate over $5000 to the Hero Scholar Ship Fund

- Organized a better Shamrock Shuttle with the tavern owners

- RE-organized a Mayfair Town Watch

- Build an entire playground!
SUPER long story but in a nutshell a little girl tripped over an old mat at the bottom of the slide and when the woman called the local Councilwoman the Councilwoman opted to rip the entire playground out rather than replace the mats. To make matters worse, when we asked for another playground we were told that the city was broke. We had to raise money ourselves and build it ourselves. The details and pains are too much to even think about anymore, but it is done!

- Coordinated the neighbors to rally around the opening of a Methadone clinic. HUGE task! In a nutshell, some fly by night operation tried to open a Methadone Clinic in Mayfair without asking (cause they knew the neighbors wouldn't let it happen) and once we got wind of it we rallied the troops! I can't even begin to tell you how much agg this was! So far it's still not opened, but it still might happen. It's in the politicians hands now and luckily they've been dragging their feet for well over 6 months now.

- Held a Mayfair May-Fair to promote local business in our area. Prior to my "all in" involvement this was basically sidewalk sales. Once I was all in, it now includes a street closure where a stage is set up and bands play all day along with many many other things going on

- Every Wednesday night we hold Concerts in the Park where local bands put on a show for the community. Sounds easy and fun, but it's a HUGE task every week!

- Host an Easter Egg hunt for the kids! Again, sounds easy, but trying to get things donated - even plastic eggs - is a huge task!

- Thanksgiving Parade - This is BY FAR our biggest challenge! It's about 2 miles long and it's about 3-4 hours long. It's HUGE!!! It was cancelled after of 50+ years of running because of lack of funds as well as lack of help. Again, once I was "all in" I'm happy to report the not only is the parade back on the ave, but it's the greatest parade EVA!! 

- Christmas Tree lighting ceremony - banners along the ave (including a "Merry Christmas Mayfair" banner INSTEAD of "Happy Holidays" of which I'm VERY proud of and fought hard for) - countless meetings with the general public - I could go on and on.

It's been a lot of work, but well worth it. Its hard and at times very frustrating, but I've gotta keep on "keepin on" if I want my neighborhood to survive. The city has pretty much abandoned us even though most of their tax base comes from our neighborhood. It sucks!

Anyway ... Thanks for you kind thoughts and for recognizing my community efforts! I really appreciate it! :cheers:

I get here when I can but don't think for a minute that I don't think about you guys each and every day! You guys are my family!

:cheers:

Offline BigRiver

• The Patriot Missile
  • NASCAR Crew Chief
  • Awards:
    100k600 HPROTMDonation
« Reply #10 on: January 17, 2012, 04:15:06 am »
Thanks for the nomination Dennis.

I never have thought of myself as one that stands out but rather someone to fill a need when I see it.

As a moderator here, I enjoyed the discussions behind the scenes for the day to day operations and matters that came to the "Moderators Barstool". Kinda miss those days to be honest. But the point that I'm making was that I really felt that I was part of something that mattered when I was helping out.

As for the chef business....yeah, I like to share what I know how to do. It all started at the first G2G. Rich volunteered his help in installing some parts on the truck and before we knew it, we had about 18 people showing up. I can turn a wrench, but not to the degree of Rich, Tom, Drew, Rob and others. I just kinda felt that the least I can do is feed these guys and I certainly know some southern / cajun meals.
So since that first G2G, I've been heading up lunches and dinners at the cook tent at our G2G's, to make sure no one goes hungry. Again, it was something that I saw as a need that I could do something about.

One other thing that I was convinced to do. I saw another need. 
A Very Good friend of mine had one hellava rusted out rear bumper. I recognized a chance to do something cool for my friend. It meant a lot to me to just send it out, of course with Rich's help.
All I could think of was the look on my friend's face when he opened that box and saw "BigRiver Approved"!!!

Anyway, thanks all for thinking of me in such high regards. I appreciate the nomination, but honestly, I'm happy enough just to be a friend to everyone here.

Plain Jane Stock (for now)

Offline mayfair

• Master Smartazz!!!
  • Shade Tree Certified
  • Mechanical God!!!
  • Last 8 - w j 1 8 7 6 2 5
  • Awards:
    rotm200k400 HPShade TreeContributorDonor
« Reply #11 on: January 17, 2012, 06:42:07 pm »
A Very Good friend of mine had one hellava rusted out rear bumper. I recognized a chance to do something cool for my friend. It meant a lot to me to just send it out, of course with Rich's help.
All I could think of was the look on my friend's face when he opened that box and saw "BigRiver Approved"!!!

Anyway, thanks all for thinking of me in such high regards. I appreciate the nomination, but honestly, I'm happy enough just to be a friend to everyone here.

PICK THIS GUY!!

Offline BigRiver

• The Patriot Missile
  • NASCAR Crew Chief
  • Awards:
    100k600 HPROTMDonation
« Reply #12 on: January 17, 2012, 07:19:10 pm »

PICK THIS GUY!!

Nawww..Y'all make you your own minds, Dennis and Donny are key players here that make this forum work and smile. :up:

Just my opinion of course.

Plain Jane Stock (for now)

Questions, Concerns, Comments? Contact DOF Administrators
DodgeOwnerForums.com is not affiliated with Chrysler Group, LLC or Cummins, Inc