Dodge Trucks > 5.9L Tech
need injector wire info
(1/3) > >>
1SlowFormula:
OK, so we had some issues with the truck while towing cross country and since we stopped to get them repaired I figured I had time to install my water/meth setup. But the instructions are generic and for the dodge 5.9 it says for the system to read injector duty cycle I need to "Locate the 4 wire harness with the grey connector on the top driver side of the motor. Tap the White wire w/Blue stripe." Well the only 4 wire harness with a grey looking connector looks like the map sensor, not sure why they would want me to tap into anything there to get injector duty cycle, plus there is no white wire w/blue stripe. I have most of this kit hooked up and can't get a hold of the manufacturer for this question, and have to get back on the road in the morning to try and get through Chicago traffic during the weekend...

So anyone know what wire they think I should tap, or any idea what damn harness/connector it might be looking for to get IDC???

Again, this is a generic instruction book, so maybe this is the wire for another year that isn't in mine, but then what wire do I need to tap???
noplugs:
Well, i just took a look at my 06 and I don't recognize anything like that.
Drew:
sounds like you got the instructions for the 03-05 engines. these engines have three connectors for the injectors with gray connectors.

05.5 and up engines have two connectors.
Kilch123:
I talked to John on the phone, and got him sorted out on it.
NickBeek:
Tom, how about sharing the solution with the rest of the class. I'm sure some of us will be hooking one of these up in the future. :up:
Navigation
Message Index
Next page

Go to full version