270799 Posts in 19739 Topics - by 1829 Members - Latest Member: Simplesimon

Hello Guest
Show unread posts since last visit.
Show new replies to your posts.

Author Topic: Back at it again! super dave?  (Read 932 times)

Offline speedram03

• Gas Pumper
  • Awards:
Back at it again! super dave?
« on: November 29, 2009, 10:26:18 pm »
Im still in the hunt for my motor and it seems like one bs problem after another. ive found another motor and its out of a 06 1500 4x4. the guy baught it from a salvage yard  with trans and t case still attached. he doesnt know the vin which would tell me if its the 345 hp model which i need for my 2500 instead of the lower hp rated motor. i was wondering if anyone out there knew if there was a way to tell which motor it was without the donor rig vin using numbers on the motor. or if its just the intake or ecm programing that make it 345 hp. i just need a motor and it seems like nothing ever works out. ::?: thanks guys you always help more than you know!

Offline Motorbrreath

• Tech Certified
  • NASCAR Crewmember
  • Moosehead - in Montana its not just a beer.
  • Awards:
    TechMileHighDonor
Re: Back at it again! super dave?
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2009, 02:42:33 am »
all trucks got the 345 hp hemi. the only diffrence is in the car hemis. (lx models).

1993 W250 12 valve
hx40, 75hp sticks, m4, 4000 gov, arp's , 60lb springs, electric lift pump, timing advanced, full power screw bottomed, smoke screw turned up, star wheel turned 2 turns.
Chris

Offline speedram03

• Gas Pumper
  • Awards:
Re: Back at it again! super dave?
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2009, 06:19:19 am »
thanks man! i just figured that out last night lol. imma buy this motor ive been wantin if this guy will ever answer my calls, hes ard as hell to get ahold of. just gotta take off the mds and shell be ready

Questions, Concerns, Comments? Contact DOF Administrators
DodgeOwnerForums.com is not affiliated with Chrysler Group, LLC or Cummins, Inc