270799 Posts in 19739 Topics - by 1829 Members - Latest Member: Simplesimon

Hello Guest
Show unread posts since last visit.
Show new replies to your posts.

Author Topic: Quadzilla  (Read 2342 times)

Offline rocko

• Master Technician
  • Awards:
    100KDonorUSMC
Quadzilla
« on: February 27, 2010, 05:28:30 pm »
I have had the Quadzilla Scout in my truck for a little while now.  The equipment works fine, that is not the issue.  It is the fact that they (as a company) are just shady.

First, the Scout montior just looks and feels cheap.  Like something at a discount rack at Auto Zone.

Now, it says that it has a turbo timer.  It does not work.  You call them only to find out that you have to buy a kit that is not even available yet.  When I bought this thing...it said NOTHING about having to buy a extra tubro timer kit that is not even available yet.  No "I'm sorry" or anything like that,  only that it MIGHT be available this summer.

Next issue I had with them had to do with a "fuel rail pressure kit."  When I ordered it (direct from them) I told them that I was running a Scout and they knew the year of my truck.  What they sent me was a fuel pressure kit not for the rail.  I called them and told them that they sent me the wrong one.  They said they did not.  They proceeded to explain like the Scout does not monitor rail pressure.  So I got something that I did not need.

I told them I am sure happy that it has a barometer.  That is way more important then a turbo timer or rail pressure. :argh:
'04 2500 5.9L CTD Auto, Smarty S06 POD, AFE Stage II Intake, S&B Intake Manifold, Quadzilla Scout Monitor, Dog House Diesel Transmission Temp Thingy, I.I. Adjustable Boost Elbow, Mag-Hytec Transmission Pan and Diff Covers, 4" Diamond Eye Exhaust, EBC Pads and Rotors, Prodigy Brake Controller.

"I need to watch things die." - M.J.K.

Offline Mitch

• Mechanical God!!!
  • Awards:
    500ROTMDonorContributorArmy
Re: Quadzilla
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2010, 02:28:49 pm »
Did you send any of it back?
2022 2500 Laramie CCLB, 6.7 CTD, stock
57 Chevy 3200 pickup, 12V swap
1985 Jeep CJ10A former Tug- Dana 60, 6cyl Nissan diesel
2020 Mahindra Roxor, Dana 60s F/R, Ag tires

Offline rocko

• Master Technician
  • Awards:
    100KDonorUSMC
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2010, 01:43:31 am »
Did you send any of it back?

No man.  Honestly..."F" them.  I don't even want to deal with them anymore.  It is not worth my blood pressure and anger being wasted on them.  Once I sell my bike, I am getting rid of the Scout Monitor and going with standard guages (as well as some "other stuff")
'04 2500 5.9L CTD Auto, Smarty S06 POD, AFE Stage II Intake, S&B Intake Manifold, Quadzilla Scout Monitor, Dog House Diesel Transmission Temp Thingy, I.I. Adjustable Boost Elbow, Mag-Hytec Transmission Pan and Diff Covers, 4" Diamond Eye Exhaust, EBC Pads and Rotors, Prodigy Brake Controller.

"I need to watch things die." - M.J.K.

Offline patracy

• Shade Tree Certified
  • Sr Technician
  • Awards:
    HPShade TreeHigh Mile
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2010, 02:32:32 am »
FWIW, they're making a new control panel.  The display was cheap, they admitted that.

Quad was shady and didn't handle things correctly.  But he's honestly trying to change.  Or at least he has when I've dealt with him.
Hers- 2005 Jeep Liberty CRD with some stuff
Mine- 2010 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited.  Stock, cuz it's got a warranty!
        1999 Dodge Ram 2500 4x4 5.9CTD with a LOT of stuff
        1987 Suzuki Samurai...with stuff that doesn't even belong in it!

Offline Kilch123

• Mechanical God!!!
  • Thanks Pat and Adam!!!
  • Awards:
    DECEMBER ROTM 2011Mile High500 HPDistinguishedTech CertifiedDonorAir Force
« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2010, 02:34:55 am »
I've never dealt directly with Quad

I've always talked to Jeremy or Justin, and they've always been very helpful

***Currently at Smokin Okie Diesel - Enid OK***
99 3500QCLB 6x6 5 Speed - D Tech Twins,SB DD3600,Adrenaline/Pulse,Smarty,DDP 110's,Hamilton's,ARP Studs,Airdog,CFE+,Silverline4",Mag-Hytec F/R,Amsoil-B2B,Isspro Performax Boost/EGT & Fuel-pillar mount,2Low Mod,BD SBS and Short Shifter, All LED

516/1127     9/18/09
14.788/93.78  8/8/09

If You Are Not Willing To Stand Behind Our Troops, Please Feel Free To Stand In Front Of Them!

Questions, Concerns, Comments? Contact DOF Administrators
DodgeOwnerForums.com is not affiliated with Chrysler Group, LLC or Cummins, Inc