270799 Posts in 19739 Topics - by 1829 Members - Latest Member: Simplesimon

Hello Guest
Show unread posts since last visit.
Show new replies to your posts.

Author Topic: NEW INSTALL  (Read 1334 times)

Offline RAGINRAM

• Oil Changer
  • MINIRIG
  • Awards:
    200kDonorUS Army
NEW INSTALL
« on: February 27, 2010, 04:08:16 am »
Well the last two days have been very eventfull for me.  Day one consisted of the muffler delete kit, and A pillar.  Day two consisted of Edge Juice w/ Attitude along with a handful of stickers lol.  Just like they say the Edge went in with ease that was probably one of the easiest tasks Ive ever done!  I am very impressed with the Edge performance but there is one thing that concerns me.TRANSMISSION.  When I take off it will snap your head back and when it attempts to shift into second gear the rpms go up and it doesnt shift if I let off the gas it shifts into second, all other gear transissions are good no slippage in any gear it also switches back and forth from first to second at low speed, so Im wondering if it is linkage somewhere or maybe the tps.  I also have a few questions for the edge enthusiasts out there what are the reccommended settings for like the boost limit, TRANS TEMP ALERT what is the max temp for a stock trans, also the rest of the settings where would be a good place to start as far as all the settings go?  Also when I try to power break it the boost dies at about 18lbs but if I get the tires to break loose by rocking it the boost will act as normal all the way up to the high 20's what is the cause of not being able to power break it is it some of the settings that I looked over or set wrong?  I appreciate any suggestions.  I got the Parts at a killer price thanks DOG HOUSE DIESEL Ill have pics at a later time its too dark tonight. :clap: :cho:
2006 DODGE RAM 2500 165,000mi silencer ring removed, fabricated 4 inch cold air intake, fabricated intake manifold, muffler delete kit, edge hot juice w/attitude , mystery switch, ATS Built 48-RE Auto Trans,ATS 5 Star Viskus Clutch Drive Torque Converter, ATS Extra Deep Transmission Pan, ATS Billet Input Shaft,adjustable valve body assistant. Mechanical boost gauge max 60lbs. Air Dog II 165, Boost cooler.........

Offline Cumminalong

• Master of Destruction - Breaker of performance parts
  • Official DOF Vendor
  • Mechanical God!!!
  • The BOMB'r
  • Awards:
    1100ROTYMember of the Year1 Tech
Re: NEW INSTALL
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2010, 04:15:17 am »
Justin,

The power braking is due to the factory computer's programming. The Edge fools the ECM, but it doesn't eliminate the torque management....which is why you can't power brake it. When the ECM see's the brakes applied, it limits the power output of the engine.

To get rid of that, you need something like a Smarty.

Now, the trans....that back and forth between 1 and 2 is usually a tell tale sign of a problem with the governor solenoid and pressure sensor.

Temps....max you want to see on the tranny is 220. Set the alert to 210.

Any more than level 3 on that Edge and your trans is gonna start hating life.

Offline RAGINRAM

• Oil Changer
  • MINIRIG
  • Awards:
    200kDonorUS Army
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2010, 04:19:45 am »
So would I be safe with a new tc and valve bodies?
2006 DODGE RAM 2500 165,000mi silencer ring removed, fabricated 4 inch cold air intake, fabricated intake manifold, muffler delete kit, edge hot juice w/attitude , mystery switch, ATS Built 48-RE Auto Trans,ATS 5 Star Viskus Clutch Drive Torque Converter, ATS Extra Deep Transmission Pan, ATS Billet Input Shaft,adjustable valve body assistant. Mechanical boost gauge max 60lbs. Air Dog II 165, Boost cooler.........

Offline Cumminalong

• Official DOF Vendor
  • Mechanical God!!!
  • The BOMB'r
  • Awards:
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2010, 04:20:45 am »
With just the Edge?....yeah, you'd be golden.

Offline RAGINRAM

• Oil Changer
  • MINIRIG
  • Awards:
    200kDonorUS Army
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2010, 06:08:12 am »
so i priced some shift solenoids today not to bad of a price, i also looked at the shift sensor am I looking at the right things?  I also installed a smoke switch today very simple and impressive i thought that I would loose power well exactly the opposite happened now I can powerbreak it pretty easy with an impressive amount of smoke.

Offline Cumminalong

• Official DOF Vendor
  • Mechanical God!!!
  • The BOMB'r
  • Awards:
« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2010, 12:11:36 pm »
Yup, you need to replace both the governor solenoid and the gov solenoid pressure transducer at the same time.

Offline Tommygunz

• 2009 Fantasy NASCAR Champ
  • NASCAR Crew Chief
  • Rocket Surgeon
  • Awards:
    ROTM400HPAFDonor
« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2010, 05:44:53 am »
Easy job
2007 Mega Dually Laramie,Garmons Diesel Performance Tow Transmission, Edge Juice+CTS, Custom intake, Banks Smartlock & Exhaust Brake,Air Bagged Rear Axle, Kenwood DNX 7160 NAV system, Aero 4040xl, Bushwacker Pocket Front Fender Flares, Surco 50X60 Roof Rack, Homegrown Rhino'd Rockers and Bed, Functional Scooped Fiberglass Hood

Offline beachmstr

• Master Technician
  • Awards:
« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2010, 05:21:10 pm »
Where they at brotha?  I wanna see the smoke screen.

:pics:

"Dodge the Father. Ram the Daughter"
2007 Dodge 2500 5.9L 4x4 Quad
6 speed - smarty - willy whistler - magnaflow muffler - cat MIA

Offline RAGINRAM

• Oil Changer
  • MINIRIG
  • Awards:
    200kDonorUS Army
« Reply #8 on: March 04, 2010, 01:11:03 am »
Ok well here's the update I just changed the shift solenoid and the sensor and the dam thing is still acting up what now? I'll give ya pics man I say it smokes  a lot but not anywhere near what some other guys on here it's good smoke for a starter lol

Offline RAGINRAM

• Oil Changer
  • MINIRIG
  • Awards:
    200kDonorUS Army
« Reply #9 on: March 09, 2010, 05:46:54 am »
alright well here is the final update after changing out the two parts a few days later my trani went completely out wtf, Ive only had this thing for a month.  I got no movement out of the trani at all shitty!!  Now im trying to figure out the most cost effective and power effective trani to go with any suggestions these dam core charges are freaking killing me!! I have looked at suncoast and ats so far any more ideas? And ofcourse this had to happen right before the g2g shit!

Offline beachmstr

• Master Technician
  • Awards:
« Reply #10 on: March 09, 2010, 07:46:18 am »
Sorry man but it was bound to happen sooner or later with a 165K on the clock.  At least it didnt happen on the road to g2g

"Dodge the Father. Ram the Daughter"
2007 Dodge 2500 5.9L 4x4 Quad
6 speed - smarty - willy whistler - magnaflow muffler - cat MIA

Questions, Concerns, Comments? Contact DOF Administrators
DodgeOwnerForums.com is not affiliated with Chrysler Group, LLC or Cummins, Inc