270799 Posts in 19739 Topics - by 1830 Members - Latest Member: Simplesimon

Hello Guest
Show unread posts since last visit.
Show new replies to your posts.

Author Topic: Herculine Your Inside  (Read 2362 times)

Offline Motorbrreath

• Tech Certified
  • NASCAR Crewmember
  • Moosehead - in Montana its not just a beer.
  • Awards:
    TechMileHighDonor
Herculine Your Inside
« on: July 29, 2008, 02:57:51 pm »
Alright yall, so you think you have the balls?

Materials:

2 Gallons of Herculiner/Rhino Liner. You need to make sure its either one of these. Advance auto carries "dupicolor" bedliner and it aint worth crap.
Drill Mounted Wire Brush
Acetone
Extra brushes, painters tape, newspapers.
Goggles
Gloves
Resperator
Socket Set/Wrench

1. Start out by removing the seats, and cleaning up your floorboard. Pull the SRS Airbag cover off (2 philips head screws), the 4x4 shifter boot (see jakebrakes writeup in the DIY section) and the trim peices that connect to the floor. Make Sure to remove the center console first from the 2 seats. If you remove one, and leave the console on the other seat, it will bend the frames and the seat wont function properly again. You also have to pull the rear panels as well. Make sure you have a heavy duty hex bit, or else you will have to cut through the trim to get the seat belts off. Pull the trim out and set them aside.

2. Pull the carpet up, as well as the insulating mat.

3. Once the carpet is gone, you will notice some mats glued to the floorboard. These are factory heat/sound dampiners. They MUST come off totally before herculiner can be applied. I used acetone and a drill mounted wire brush. This takes the most time out of the project. Take your time and rip up the mats. Once the acetone has soaked on the mats, i used a gasket scraper with a razor blade to help some as well. Expect this to take at least 2 days.

4. Once the mats are all up, make sure to sand down whatever other debris or rust is on the floorboard. I used a drill mounted sandpaper and acetone to clean it all up. Make sure you vaccum up all the black dust that the mats produced. The area has to be totally clean before the herculiner can be laied down.

5. Tape up any areas you dont want herculined. Make sure you wear a resperator when laying it down, the fumes will overpower weak people. Lay the herculiner down evenly and take your time with it. For the herculiner to set up right, you must lay down 2 coats within an hour of each other.

6. Let it dry for 24 hours before touching it. I say this to be on the safe side.

7. Put your seats back in, and enjoy!

1993 W250 12 valve
hx40, 75hp sticks, m4, 4000 gov, arp's , 60lb springs, electric lift pump, timing advanced, full power screw bottomed, smoke screw turned up, star wheel turned 2 turns.
Chris

Questions, Concerns, Comments? Contact DOF Administrators
DodgeOwnerForums.com is not affiliated with Chrysler Group, LLC or Cummins, Inc