270799 Posts in 19739 Topics - by 1830 Members - Latest Member: Simplesimon

Hello Guest
Show unread posts since last visit.
Show new replies to your posts.

Author Topic: Another "New Bike" thread.......lol  (Read 3762 times)

Offline Methos

• Slowly going crazy....
  • Administrator
  • NASCAR Crewmember
  • Awards:
    MOTY200K400 HPDonor
Re: Another "New Bike" thread.......lol
« Reply #15 on: May 05, 2010, 04:50:07 pm »

I see you have reverse too!

Ok, I know next to nothing about bikes so I'm sure this is a stupid question.  Is having reverse unusual?

Offline Buzzy

• To Bad I can't really shake it that good
  • Administrator
  • NASCAR Crewmember
  • Awards:
    ROTYROTMDonation
« Reply #16 on: May 05, 2010, 04:52:32 pm »
and another

Offline Buzzy

• Administrator
  • NASCAR Crewmember
  • Awards:
    ROTYROTMDonation
« Reply #17 on: May 05, 2010, 04:55:22 pm »

I see you have reverse too!

I am not sure what other bikes have it. So far I have not needed it but I have tested it out. This bike Weighs over 900 lbs. Add two riders and gear and you are talking about a 1300 lbs or so. The slightest incline would be a bitch to back this sucker up with just leg power so I can see where it will come in handy.

Ok, I know next to nothing about bikes so I'm sure this is a stupid question.  Is having reverse unusual?

Offline mayfair

• Master Smartazz!!!
  • Shade Tree Certified
  • Mechanical God!!!
  • Last 8 - w j 1 8 7 6 2 5
  • Awards:
    rotm200k400 HPShade TreeContributorDonor
« Reply #18 on: May 05, 2010, 05:28:24 pm »
WOW that's really cool Buzzy !!
Best of luck with it :up:

Offline NickC

• Mechanical God!!!
  • V-neck pimp daddy
  • Awards:
    100kHeavyrotm400Donor
« Reply #19 on: May 06, 2010, 12:31:45 am »
Awesome bike Buzzy! :punk:

I had a guy running me through the gagets and gizmo's of a fully loaded model a few years back at some big chili cook off i went too.

Some of the features he was showing me were just amazing!

I bet that'l make for some REAL good times, but be safe on that thang!

05 2500 AUTO 4X4 4:10 LARAMIE CTD-CAT/SILENCER RING?, AERO 4040XL, SMARTY, XM RADIO, RECON CAB LIGHTS, CUP SMOOTHIE, QUAD COMMANDER, CFM+ MANIFOLD, S&B INTAKE, FOX WEATHER BOOTS

Offline Buzzy

• Administrator
  • NASCAR Crewmember
  • Awards:
    ROTYROTMDonation
« Reply #20 on: May 06, 2010, 01:18:10 am »
Here are a few pics from the cell phone till I find my memory card for the camera.

Offline Southern Belle

• Lounge Moderator
  • Master Technician
  • Awards:
    DonorLay'n LowHigh Mile
« Reply #21 on: May 06, 2010, 04:27:17 am »
nice looking bike there buzzy!

_(O|||||||O)_

Sometimes the one you think is your knight in shining armour turns out to be a retard in tin foil.

Offline Kilch123

• Mechanical God!!!
  • Thanks Pat and Adam!!!
  • Awards:
    DECEMBER ROTM 2011Mile High500 HPDistinguishedTech CertifiedDonorAir Force
« Reply #22 on: May 06, 2010, 05:18:27 am »
That is a sweet bike!

Been looking at them or an Ultra Classic...

Lots of  :$: but very sweet bikes!
***Currently at Smokin Okie Diesel - Enid OK***
99 3500QCLB 6x6 5 Speed - D Tech Twins,SB DD3600,Adrenaline/Pulse,Smarty,DDP 110's,Hamilton's,ARP Studs,Airdog,CFE+,Silverline4",Mag-Hytec F/R,Amsoil-B2B,Isspro Performax Boost/EGT & Fuel-pillar mount,2Low Mod,BD SBS and Short Shifter, All LED

516/1127     9/18/09
14.788/93.78  8/8/09

If You Are Not Willing To Stand Behind Our Troops, Please Feel Free To Stand In Front Of Them!

Offline kenz

• Michigan Historian
  • NASCAR Crew Chief
  • Coming to a state near you
  • Awards:
    100KContributing MemberDonor
« Reply #23 on: May 07, 2010, 01:33:41 am »
Very nice pictures. I love the color. My buddy has an older wing and he just loves it. Mileage could be better, but there's alot of bike there. As for the airbag, to me anyway, in a big crash one would probably 'expire' anyway. Just be able to leave the lid open instead of closed. The main objective is never have to test the airbag at all.  :up: And as a seasoned biker once told me, 'never assume the other guy sees you'. Saved me many a time.

That is a sweet bike!

Been looking at them or an Ultra Classic...

Lots of  :$: but very sweet bikes!

I would still vote for the ultra.  :43:

With full dressers of this size, pushing them backwards is mighty difficult. But I think reverse is only on the big ones. I do know they make a kit to add reverse to the side car for harleys.

2005 QC Dually 2wd CTD 6-spd. SRT-6, AEM Brute Force intake, Smarty Sr., D.O.F. shift knob, 5" to dual side exit 4" exhaust, Quad Scout, road kill kat, 2011 Coachmen North Ridge fifth wheel

I MAY BE OLD, BUT I GOT TO SEE ALL THE GOOD BANDS.....

Offline Buzzy

• Administrator
  • NASCAR Crewmember
  • Awards:
    ROTYROTMDonation
« Reply #24 on: May 07, 2010, 03:10:03 am »
Yeah Kenz, my buddy and I talked about that before I went up there. We came to the conclusion that those crash test were done at around 35-45 mph. As you see in the vid, the dummy with the airbag just barley escaped major head trauma, any faster and it would have been lights out. We both agreed that a 50+ mph frontal crash would be the same outcome or maybe even worse with the airbag.

Based on that conversation, I decided to look at the next class lower goldwing which is the ABS model. I figured the airbag would not be of benefit unless I drive a lot in the city and I like the controls layout better without the airbag. The controls for the radio, CB, intercom, GPS, ect are right in front of you on the upper part of the tank. With the airbag there, they moved all the controls to the fairing and you have to reach down and take your eyes off the road to do anything. You still have the CB, volume and CG/Radio channel select on the bars but anything else, you need to reach down.
You also loose one of the storage compartments on the fairing (right side).

But they only had one ABS and it was silver. All the rest of them were Airbag models. I am kinda glad it is there, but I do not have any faith that it will do any good unless you are on a 35 mph road.
I could have bought one of the 2010 models but saving $7000 was worth loosing a glove box and moving controls around.

And just for the shit of it, I found a back road and tested out the ABS. I played with it from 45 mph stopping pretty hard. After I felt pretty confident that I could control it to a dead stop, I stomped on both brakes hard! You can NOT get those wheels to lock up on a dry road! Wet may be a different story but If you ever had to stop a bike fast and lose traction, you know what I am talking about by HARD on the brakes.
I do not feel the need to try that again and I tell you what, that 900 lb beast stops FAST!

I took the wife on the first ride today, first time she has been on it. We rode for about thirty minute and  I really could not tell that she was back there. We then took a few mild S curves at low speed and I still could not feel a difference with or without her on the back. That bike is very well balanced. And it is more agile at speed that that Vstar 1100 I has a couple of years ago.
Don't get me wrong, I still know it's 900lbs when I stop at lights or have to back it up but anything over 10 mph it is effortless and responds quickly to my every move.
I rode my buddy's Ultra Classic and that thing, while a Very sexy ass bike, rode like a tank in the corners. I would own one in a heart beat if the deal was right but I am just comparing the two.

Over all I am very impressed with this bike. The only things I do not like are the handlebar height and distance, the tiny diameter grips and that annoying message after you open the saddle bags. The sensors are way to sensitive and you have to tap the lids to make it know it is shut.
The grips I fixed today with a set of Kuryakyn ISO grips. They are the clam shell design and allows me to still have the heated grips but are much larger diameter. I also ordered a set of Kuryakyn handlebar risers that will move the bars up 1.5" and towards me 1.75". That should take care of the sore back from being damn near straight armed while trying to sit straight up and using the backrest.

On the short list are a set of highway pegs so I can reposition my legs on long trips. A luggage rag and bag. And a heal/toe shifter so I wont find that little space between 4 and 5th gear where there is no gear. It has happened twice so far because my boot doesn't fit very well under the shifter and factory pegs.

Questions, Concerns, Comments? Contact DOF Administrators
DodgeOwnerForums.com is not affiliated with Chrysler Group, LLC or Cummins, Inc