270799 Posts in 19739 Topics - by 1829 Members - Latest Member: Simplesimon

Hello Guest
Show unread posts since last visit.
Show new replies to your posts.

Author Topic: NC G2G eats  (Read 7546 times)

Offline NickC

• Mechanical God!!!
  • V-neck pimp daddy
  • Awards:
    100kHeavyrotm400Donor
Re: NC G2G eats
« Reply #15 on: May 22, 2010, 12:16:10 am »
So what do we have so far?

I have figured on bringing Italian sausage, along with buns, peppers/onions, and cheese. I figured on cooking everything over the fire, so i guess ill bring what i need to do so. I don't know where it will fit into out eating schedule, either Saturday for dinner, or a early Sunday lunch?

How about breakfast? Anyone have a coffee maker? Maybe there will be a store close by that we can get it from. Am i the only one who will need coffee being fed to me via IV in the morning?

What about breakfast? Anyone have any ideas?

I am thinking about bringing up some fire wood to the camp site. But if i do, it wont be the kind of wood to cook on. It will just be scraps off our stake trucks at work that will be mostly 2x4's and plywood (good bomb fire material!). My brother and I are both going up north to different places the weekend prior, so im not sure if out trucks will be needing a "cleaning" by the time our weekend roll's around.

05 2500 AUTO 4X4 4:10 LARAMIE CTD-CAT/SILENCER RING?, AERO 4040XL, SMARTY, XM RADIO, RECON CAB LIGHTS, CUP SMOOTHIE, QUAD COMMANDER, CFM+ MANIFOLD, S&B INTAKE, FOX WEATHER BOOTS

Offline NickC

• Mechanical God!!!
  • V-neck pimp daddy
  • Awards:
    100kHeavyrotm400Donor
« Reply #16 on: May 22, 2010, 12:21:01 am »
Also, who is planning on eating?

With everyone staying at different places, will everyone even be coming to the campground after the Saturday event?

I dont wanna roll up with enough food to feed the Verizon Network, nor do i wanna come with enough food to only fill a small child.

05 2500 AUTO 4X4 4:10 LARAMIE CTD-CAT/SILENCER RING?, AERO 4040XL, SMARTY, XM RADIO, RECON CAB LIGHTS, CUP SMOOTHIE, QUAD COMMANDER, CFM+ MANIFOLD, S&B INTAKE, FOX WEATHER BOOTS

Offline JetNoise

• Lead Moderator
  • Master Technician
  • Awards:
    High Mile
« Reply #17 on: May 22, 2010, 04:46:20 am »
Nick,
I will have a coffee maker in the camper.  Bat will probably have the joe brewing whenever he wakes up.
Also, the three in my camper are all planning on eating at the campground.

1996 Dakota SLT 2WD, 318
Hopkins

Offline kenz

• Michigan Historian
  • Sportsman Moderator
  • NASCAR Crew Chief
  • Coming to a state near you
  • Awards:
    100KContributing MemberDonor
« Reply #18 on: May 24, 2010, 12:25:11 am »
I'm gonna bring along some dogs and coney sauce, some no-bake cookies,  ;D and also have the wife whip up a big tub of potato salad and such. As for breakfast I could do pancakes as they don't take much to make and are filling. Add blueberries and/or stawberries plus genuine maple syrup, can't beat it. Can't help ya' with the coffee as I don't even have a coffee maker.  :43: In fact, maybe since Nick is doing Italian sausage for sat. how about whipping up the dogs friday nite? Quick and easy.

2005 QC Dually 2wd CTD 6-spd. SRT-6, AEM Brute Force intake, Smarty Sr., D.O.F. shift knob, 5" to dual side exit 4" exhaust, Quad Scout, road kill kat, 2011 Coachmen North Ridge fifth wheel

I MAY BE OLD, BUT I GOT TO SEE ALL THE GOOD BANDS.....

Offline Tom Courtright

• Dakota Section Moderator
  • NASCAR Crew Chief
  • You can find me in the chatroom
  • Awards:
    Layed OutMile HighDonorShade Tree CertContributor
« Reply #19 on: May 24, 2010, 12:36:36 am »
im with you nick i gotta have the java,
we will have a coffee maker with us yes,
and as jet can attest, crack of dawn ant got nothin on me gettin up early

it aint low till it scars asphalt

Go Stupid Or Go Home

Offline NickC

• Mechanical God!!!
  • V-neck pimp daddy
  • Awards:
    100kHeavyrotm400Donor
« Reply #20 on: May 25, 2010, 04:14:17 am »
Good shit guys! (On the coffee subject ;D)

Ken- I think dogs will work out on Friday. Ill probably be arriving more towards night, but ill just pick the ones out of the fire that fell off the stick when i get there. I also think pancakes is about the most perfect thing i have heard yet... Im always good for at least 3 or 30.

Now just to make sure... Is everyone cool with sausage for dinner Saturday? I picked up a case of 40, i hope that's going to be enough. Should we gather up some burgers or something else so there is a choice?

To bad the frying master is not going to be there (Ed)... Those turkeys and fries woulda been da bomb!

Also, does anyone have a grill to cook over the fire with? I have a tripod that i do most of my camp cooking on, but its only a 18" round grate. I was trying to find something bigger, but the only one i found that was 22" was on auction on ebay and i don't think ill be able to have it at my door on time.

Offline Kilch123

• Mechanical God!!!
  • Thanks Pat and Adam!!!
  • Awards:
    DECEMBER ROTM 2011Mile High500 HPDistinguishedTech CertifiedDonorAir Force
« Reply #21 on: May 25, 2010, 04:16:41 am »
You could always do this Nick:

***Currently at Smokin Okie Diesel - Enid OK***
99 3500QCLB 6x6 5 Speed - D Tech Twins,SB DD3600,Adrenaline/Pulse,Smarty,DDP 110's,Hamilton's,ARP Studs,Airdog,CFE+,Silverline4",Mag-Hytec F/R,Amsoil-B2B,Isspro Performax Boost/EGT & Fuel-pillar mount,2Low Mod,BD SBS and Short Shifter, All LED

516/1127     9/18/09
14.788/93.78  8/8/09

If You Are Not Willing To Stand Behind Our Troops, Please Feel Free To Stand In Front Of Them!

Offline Cumminalong

• Master of Destruction - Breaker of performance parts
  • Official DOF Vendor
  • Mechanical God!!!
  • The BOMB'r
  • Awards:
    1100ROTYMember of the Year1 Tech
« Reply #22 on: May 25, 2010, 10:51:04 am »
You could always do this Nick:

Why you hatin' on my grill?

:bat:

;D

Offline NickC

• Mechanical God!!!
  • V-neck pimp daddy
  • Awards:
    100kHeavyrotm400Donor
« Reply #23 on: May 25, 2010, 11:01:15 pm »
 :lol:

Someone was tapping into their creative thinking side...

Offline JetNoise

• Lead Moderator
  • Master Technician
  • Awards:
    High Mile
« Reply #24 on: May 26, 2010, 12:07:58 am »
If I'm not mistaken, there is a grill and griddle in the camper that we use over the campfire.  That will be there... It can be used for pancakes.  I don't guarantee the roundness of the pancakes, but it's usually fun.

1996 Dakota SLT 2WD, 318
Hopkins

Offline kenz

• Michigan Historian
  • Sportsman Moderator
  • NASCAR Crew Chief
  • Awards:
« Reply #25 on: May 26, 2010, 01:08:19 am »
I have 2 small grills that stay in the camper, one charcoal and one gas. I will also be bringing my big grill from home. Not huge, but should be able to get the first round done at one time. Also have a tripod grate for hanging over a fire, and I'm pretty sure I got a griddle also, just got to think where it is... :scratch:  Wife also mentioned she was gonna send me down with all the fixin's for a taco salad.  :drool:

2005 QC Dually 2wd CTD 6-spd. SRT-6, AEM Brute Force intake, Smarty Sr., D.O.F. shift knob, 5" to dual side exit 4" exhaust, Quad Scout, road kill kat, 2011 Coachmen North Ridge fifth wheel

Offline NickC

• Mechanical God!!!
  • V-neck pimp daddy
  • Awards:
    100kHeavyrotm400Donor
« Reply #26 on: May 26, 2010, 01:51:32 am »
Wife also mentioned she was gonna send me down with all the fixin's for a taco salad.  :drool:

:drool: :drool:

Offline kenz

• Michigan Historian
  • Sportsman Moderator
  • NASCAR Crew Chief
  • Awards:
« Reply #27 on: June 02, 2010, 12:52:49 am »
Looks like Hot Dogs/Coney Dogs with Potato Salad on Friday with Italian Sausage (I'm thinking something like a brat?) with all the fixin's and taco salad and what's left of the potato salad. Also no-bake cookies and brownies. Anyone want to add to the bait pile whether its snacks or whatever bring it along. We had way to much food last year and still ate it anyway.  :banging:  :lol:

If anyone is interested, we could deep fry some snickers bars  :whistling: I'm willing to bring the deep fryer and the ingredients if anyone wants to try a 10,000 calorie sugar buzz.  :lol:

Offline NickC

• Mechanical God!!!
  • V-neck pimp daddy
  • Awards:
    100kHeavyrotm400Donor
« Reply #28 on: June 02, 2010, 01:33:34 am »
Just so we are on the same page, you are saying that we do the sausage on Saturday? I have that case that i had planned to bring up, but i wont be arriving till later in the night. I was going to bring some cheese, peppers, onions, and buns to go with the meat.

Anyone know what time the Saturday even will be done around? Im wondering if there will even be time to cook anything Saturday afterwards?!

If you want to bring the deep fryer, im good for trying anything deep fried! I wont have time to pick up any snickers in bulk before the weekend, but i know gas stations and party stores always have heap's of them. But if im the only one that is up for doing a little deep frying, ide rather you keep it at home and spare you the trouble of bringing it. There should be enough other stuff to clog the arteries...

Offline Cujo

• Lead Moderator
  • NASCAR Crewmember
  • Just One Big Freakin' Ray of Sunshine...
  • Awards:
    Donor
« Reply #29 on: June 02, 2010, 12:55:18 pm »
Sue's baking cookies/brownies, we can pick up what ever else we need once we get there. How are we fixed for coolers? Gotta keep the liquid refreshments cold.  :cheers:
2007 Dodge Ram 2500 SLT 4x4 Quad Cab SWB
5.9L I6 Cummins Diesel/4 speed auto, Big Horn Edition
Westin Oval tubes, MBRP exhaust, AFE CAI, DiPricol Gauges,
Smarty, Line-x, Dynatrac Free Spin Hubs

Questions, Concerns, Comments? Contact DOF Administrators
DodgeOwnerForums.com is not affiliated with Chrysler Group, LLC or Cummins, Inc