270799 Posts in 19739 Topics - by 1829 Members - Latest Member: Simplesimon

Hello Guest
Show unread posts since last visit.
Show new replies to your posts.

Author Topic: Bed Liners  (Read 2031 times)

Offline 96GreenMachine

• Sr Technician
  • Awards:
    HighMileFireFighter
Bed Liners
« on: May 26, 2010, 04:23:34 am »
So i'm really looking at the roll on bed liners now. And i was wondering if anyone here had a preference of roll on liners. Which one to avoid, and what you think is the best. Opinions are much appreciated. Thanks
'96 1500 reg. cab short bed, 318, 5spd, 4wd

Offline Kilch123

• Mechanical God!!!
  • Thanks Pat and Adam!!!
  • Awards:
    DECEMBER ROTM 2011Mile High500 HPDistinguishedTech CertifiedDonorAir Force
Re: Bed Liners
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2010, 04:39:58 am »
Avoid them all...

I have the one from Bondo, and it sucks!  followed the directions exactly, and within months it turned grey - it was slippery from day one (worse than before I did it)

I friend did one that was more rubberized and not as slippery, but it started peeling and wearing off really quick

Spend the little extra, and get Linex or Rhino

:cents:
***Currently at Smokin Okie Diesel - Enid OK***
99 3500QCLB 6x6 5 Speed - D Tech Twins,SB DD3600,Adrenaline/Pulse,Smarty,DDP 110's,Hamilton's,ARP Studs,Airdog,CFE+,Silverline4",Mag-Hytec F/R,Amsoil-B2B,Isspro Performax Boost/EGT & Fuel-pillar mount,2Low Mod,BD SBS and Short Shifter, All LED

516/1127     9/18/09
14.788/93.78  8/8/09

If You Are Not Willing To Stand Behind Our Troops, Please Feel Free To Stand In Front Of Them!

Offline 96GreenMachine

• Sr Technician
  • Awards:
    HighMileFireFighter
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2010, 05:01:27 am »
Spend the little extra, and get Linex or Rhino

:cents:

I've heavily been thinking about that too. It's just so much more  :$:

Offline Kilch123

• Mechanical God!!!
  • Thanks Pat and Adam!!!
  • Awards:
    DECEMBER ROTM 2011Mile High500 HPDistinguishedTech CertifiedDonorAir Force
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2010, 05:42:44 am »
to properly do the roll in, it's gonna take you at least a day to 'sand and prep' then another half day to roll it in

what's that worth to ya?

then the cost of the product (no real warranty either)

put the money you were gonna spend on the roll in into your savings account, and each payday, deposit $20 or $30 in there - you should have enough by the end of summer to do it right
***Currently at Smokin Okie Diesel - Enid OK***
99 3500QCLB 6x6 5 Speed - D Tech Twins,SB DD3600,Adrenaline/Pulse,Smarty,DDP 110's,Hamilton's,ARP Studs,Airdog,CFE+,Silverline4",Mag-Hytec F/R,Amsoil-B2B,Isspro Performax Boost/EGT & Fuel-pillar mount,2Low Mod,BD SBS and Short Shifter, All LED

516/1127     9/18/09
14.788/93.78  8/8/09

If You Are Not Willing To Stand Behind Our Troops, Please Feel Free To Stand In Front Of Them!

Offline 96GreenMachine

• Sr Technician
  • Awards:
    HighMileFireFighter
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2010, 05:48:52 am »
All good points. I'd like to call up the local line x place and see if maybe they'd take a little amount off the price if i prep and sand the truck all myself and maybe save them some of the labor costs. Just an idea.

Offline bikemancs

• NASCAR Crew Chief
  • Awards:
    100krotmDonorArmy
« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2010, 08:19:15 am »
Talk to them about it, explain your idea and see if they're cool, they might say "no" because of the warranty, if you mess something up then the liner might not apply right. 

but yeah, save up for it. 

MAG-Tech Transmission Pan and Diff Covers, Isspro Gauges, UWS Tool box, Magnaflow 5" Exhaust, AFe Intake, Mopar Heated Seats

Offline carpenter

• Oil Changer
  • Awards:
« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2010, 11:42:31 am »
This guys are telling you right the roll in bed liners are junk, everyone I've seen has turned loose and came out. If you use one of those and it does come out you will have a even bigger mess to deal with. The linex here has a life time warranty on what they do,and i think they prep and spray it in for about $400. 

Offline kenz

• Michigan Historian
  • Sportsman Moderator
  • NASCAR Crew Chief
  • Coming to a state near you
  • Awards:
    100KContributing MemberDonor
« Reply #7 on: May 27, 2010, 02:52:06 am »
I agree, save up and do the line-x. Not only is it a great product--4 years on mine and it still looks and performs like new. Plus the warranty is great. Also my insurance agent said that the line-x is the only one they will pay to replace in event of an accident. It cost me like $500 for a long bed, over the rail.

2005 QC Dually 2wd CTD 6-spd. SRT-6, AEM Brute Force intake, Smarty Sr., D.O.F. shift knob, 5" to dual side exit 4" exhaust, Quad Scout, road kill kat, 2011 Coachmen North Ridge fifth wheel

I MAY BE OLD, BUT I GOT TO SEE ALL THE GOOD BANDS.....

Offline 01tireshredder

• Technician
  • Cummins Killer
  • Awards:
    ROTMMile High500HPDonor
« Reply #8 on: May 27, 2010, 08:45:21 am »
Stay away from the Rhino. Mine sucks. Faded, peeling, & well it just plain sucks. :banging: :banging:
'01, QCSB, 5.9 CTD, Too much stuff to remember, now it is broken.

Offline 96GreenMachine

• Sr Technician
  • Awards:
    HighMileFireFighter
« Reply #9 on: May 27, 2010, 04:09:02 pm »
Stay away from the Rhino. Mine sucks. Faded, peeling, & well it just plain sucks. :banging: :banging:
My aunt has rhino in her F350 long bed, and well after seeing how it looks, rhino was never an option for me.

Offline tresvn

• Sr Technician
  • Awards:
    High Mile ClubDonor
« Reply #10 on: May 27, 2010, 11:42:29 pm »
Anyone ever heard of upol-raptor? Its a do-it-yourself bed liner but I think you can spray or roll it. I'm not sure if the spray gun is included but I just emailed the company to find out. I am going to do the liner in my truck, 2 fords, and my old boss wants to do his jeep as well.
99 1500 sport 5.2 std cab long bed

Offline 01tireshredder

• Technician
  • Cummins Killer
  • Awards:
    ROTMMile High500HPDonor
« Reply #11 on: May 28, 2010, 01:55:58 am »
you can get the raptor on ebay with the gun. you can get black or a clear that you tint with a base the same color of the truck it is going on. one of the diesel mags had a writeup about a truck for a football player that had this bedliner installed. as far as longevity, i can not say.
'01, QCSB, 5.9 CTD, Too much stuff to remember, now it is broken.

Offline HillbillyHoss

• Gas Pumper
  • Awards:
« Reply #12 on: June 07, 2010, 01:24:24 am »
I had a faded pink spray in and my old lady got me the herculiner kit for my b-day. I put it in and i like it it was of course time consuming but i used it a little soon so there is a couple spots that could b gone over. As a whole tho it looks good and is nowhere near as slick as the last one i like it. Starting to fade a little but even grey would b better than pink. LOL :punk:

Questions, Concerns, Comments? Contact DOF Administrators
DodgeOwnerForums.com is not affiliated with Chrysler Group, LLC or Cummins, Inc