270799 Posts in 19739 Topics - by 1830 Members - Latest Member: Simplesimon

Hello Guest
Show unread posts since last visit.
Show new replies to your posts.

Author Topic: 03 ram 2500 gibson performance header install  (Read 2274 times)

Offline speedram03

• Gas Pumper
  • Awards:
03 ram 2500 gibson performance header install
« on: August 13, 2010, 03:10:18 am »
tools needed: 10mm wrench, hacksaw or saws al,l some good pentrating lube and a little patience!

Step 1: heavily spray penetrting lube on the bolts and nuts connecting the drivers side down pipe to the y - pipe as well as the bolts and nuts connecting the passenger side manifold to the y - pipe and the bolts and nutts conecting the drivers side manifold to the down pipe. Remove the hardware from each connection and remove the down pipe.

step 2: measure  3.5 inches from center of bend on passenger side y - pipe and cut to remove the passenger side portion of the y - pipe. make sre to debur the exhisting section of tubing from medal peices

step 3: loosen stock header bolts and remove the manifolds and gaskets from both sides.

step 4: take the supplied 10mm bolts and star washers and apply a small amount of anti seize on the bolts before installing them into the heads!!!! install the bottom 4 bolts with the gaskets on either side. " only 1/4 turn per bolt, very important and saves alot of time and aggrevation". the headers are notched all the way around so you can slip the header flange onto the bottom bolts and tighten them  down instead of trying to thread them in an area as big as a  dime. thread the top header bolts into the heads with anti seize also applied to the threds and begin to tighten the bolts all down. make sure to go back over all the bolts again and again to make sure they seal properly. should just have them pretty snug but not superman tight.

step five: once youve gotten the headers mounted to the block, take the new drivers side down pipe and bolt it to the header and then install the donut gasket between the y - pipe and down tube and tighten the supplied bolts.

steap 6: slide the new passenger side down pipe into the factory exhaust tubing on the y - pipe and rotate and slide it to mount up to the ball flange on the header. you can use the supplied exhaust clamp or weld it into place.

step 7: make sur ethere are no wires or tubes touching the headers or in close proximity to them or they will melt and cost lots of potential money, shut the hood and enjoy.

ill have somefull install pics up by the weekend

Offline lilfroger

• Administrator
  • Mechanical God!!!
  • Not a "god" ... I just talk a lot
  • Awards:
    ROTMDonorARMYMOTY
Re: 03 ram 2500 gibson performance header install
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2010, 03:17:30 am »
Sweet :up:
Install, Owners, & Service Manuals for many years & makes:
http://www.scribd.com/lilfroger

Offline wyomincowboy

• Gas Pumper
  • Awards:
    USNavy
Re: 03 ram 2500 gibson performance header install
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2011, 04:29:23 am »
bout how long did that take you.   i got a set of headers for my 03 2500 that i need to put on.
"Be Good or Be Dam Good At It" - My old Division Officer told me this before every liberty port.
03 2500 Laramie Sport. Hemi mated to a NV4500 5 spd.  K&N Intake, 10mm Shorty Plug Wires, Diablosport Predator Tune, True dual 3in exhaust with high flow cats and 20in Glasspaks.

Questions, Concerns, Comments? Contact DOF Administrators
DodgeOwnerForums.com is not affiliated with Chrysler Group, LLC or Cummins, Inc