270799 Posts in 19739 Topics - by 1830 Members - Latest Member: Simplesimon

Hello Guest
Show unread posts since last visit.
Show new replies to your posts.

Author Topic: Pics of some loads...  (Read 29487 times)

Offline Jims1dodge

• NASCAR Crewmember
  • Awards:
    Heavy Haulerdonor100k
Re: Pics of some loads...
« Reply #150 on: June 18, 2012, 05:30:58 pm »
Ouch!
Take care of yourself.

and just remember, "All good things must come to an end", just not when you want them to..
You can't fix stupid

~When I was a boy I was told that anybody could become President. Now I’m beginning to believe it

Offline BigRiver

• The Patriot Missile
  • NASCAR Crew Chief
  • Awards:
    100k600 HPROTMDonation
« Reply #151 on: June 18, 2012, 05:35:19 pm »
Sorry to see this Sam, hopefully this opens another door of opportunity for you.

Plain Jane Stock (for now)

Offline georgeshannon

• Technician
  • moderation
  • Awards:
    USMC
« Reply #152 on: June 18, 2012, 08:10:52 pm »
Sorry to hear this. I always enjoyed the pictures of your loads and often dreamt of having a job/business like that. Hope your health is manageable and you end up doing something you love to do.
2006 CTD 2500 Quadcab 4x4 Auto LB 3:73; Glowshift gauges EGT,boost,trans temp; AFE CAI; MagnaFlow muffler; PacBrake exhaust brake; F&R splash guards, rear wheelwell liners, Qzilla fuelrail press gauge, PacBrake air horns, Mag-Hytec Transpan and RDiffpan, CHICKEN LIGHTS

Offline Mitch

• Mechanical God!!!
  • Awards:
    500ROTMDonorContributorArmy
« Reply #153 on: June 18, 2012, 10:05:20 pm »
This is unfortunate to hear. Sorry man.
2022 2500 Laramie CCLB, 6.7 CTD, stock
57 Chevy 3200 pickup, 12V swap
1985 Jeep CJ10A former Tug- Dana 60, 6cyl Nissan diesel
2020 Mahindra Roxor, Dana 60s F/R, Ag tires

Offline NickBeek

• Mechanical God!!!
  • Awards:
    Donor150k400 HPContributor
« Reply #154 on: June 19, 2012, 02:13:28 am »
Wow Sam! So sorry to hear this!! Take care of yourself and get healthy. Things have always happened for a reason in my life, even the not so good things. I hope that this leads you to bigger and better things down the road. :up:
2014 Ram 2500 Laramie, 4x4, 3.42 gears. Auto Trans, Crew cab, long bed. Window Visors, trifold bed cover.

Offline bikemancs

• NASCAR Crew Chief
  • Awards:
    100krotmDonorArmy
« Reply #155 on: June 19, 2012, 02:17:51 am »
take care of yourself man.  It's been a good run.  Take a break and then figure out round 2.

MAG-Tech Transmission Pan and Diff Covers, Isspro Gauges, UWS Tool box, Magnaflow 5" Exhaust, AFe Intake, Mopar Heated Seats

Offline Tommygunz

• 2009 Fantasy NASCAR Champ
  • NASCAR Crew Chief
  • Rocket Surgeon
  • Awards:
    ROTM400HPAFDonor
« Reply #156 on: June 19, 2012, 01:25:35 pm »
Better to be healthy in my opinion. Take care of yourself brother..
2007 Mega Dually Laramie,Garmons Diesel Performance Tow Transmission, Edge Juice+CTS, Custom intake, Banks Smartlock & Exhaust Brake,Air Bagged Rear Axle, Kenwood DNX 7160 NAV system, Aero 4040xl, Bushwacker Pocket Front Fender Flares, Surco 50X60 Roof Rack, Homegrown Rhino'd Rockers and Bed, Functional Scooped Fiberglass Hood

Offline RoaminGnome

• Master Technician
  • Chrome hating gnome!
  • Awards:
    High Mile
« Reply #157 on: June 19, 2012, 04:17:28 pm »
Sorry to hear that, I always looked forward to wee what kind of cars you were hauling :)

If you can do it (I see the food and dont think I would :lol: ) look into the macrobiotic diet. It has REALLY helped my mom get here diabetes under control. My parents built a house and the stress (retarded builders...) put her on insulin and that diet got her off it again.

Good luck during this halftime break ;D
:fwin: <--- just says i all :D

Offline kenz

• Michigan Historian
  • Sportsman Moderator
  • NASCAR Crew Chief
  • Coming to a state near you
  • Awards:
    100KContributing MemberDonor
« Reply #158 on: June 20, 2012, 01:17:47 am »
Sorry to hear, I too always liked the pics and the places you traveled. Ya, sucks that it has to end, especially so abruptly, but think of the up side....if it wasn't for the fact that you were required to get a physical, how long would this have gone without finding out, and the possible worse outcome because of it? Like you said, its treatable and manageable, so if need be in the future you can always go back to driving.

Good luck in your next endeavor.  :up:

2005 QC Dually 2wd CTD 6-spd. SRT-6, AEM Brute Force intake, Smarty Sr., D.O.F. shift knob, 5" to dual side exit 4" exhaust, Quad Scout, road kill kat, 2011 Coachmen North Ridge fifth wheel

I MAY BE OLD, BUT I GOT TO SEE ALL THE GOOD BANDS.....

Offline NickC

• Mechanical God!!!
  • V-neck pimp daddy
  • Awards:
    100kHeavyrotm400Donor
« Reply #159 on: June 20, 2012, 02:09:35 am »
Sorry to hear!

Even though i only put a winter into a similar type business, i know exactly what you're feeling! Even when you do get to make it home for the weekend, even if its dead-heading (which seemed the norm for me), there is only so much you can do with your time until its time to go back out. Your mind being in road mode makes it hard to relax and enjoy your time off.

Hopefully you can do just as good putting in a regular work week and that you'll be able to be home every night to have time to do what you want to do.

Also hope those diabetes are manageable! Did you have a hunch that something was up or did this strike you by surprise?!

05 2500 AUTO 4X4 4:10 LARAMIE CTD-CAT/SILENCER RING?, AERO 4040XL, SMARTY, XM RADIO, RECON CAB LIGHTS, CUP SMOOTHIE, QUAD COMMANDER, CFM+ MANIFOLD, S&B INTAKE, FOX WEATHER BOOTS

Offline aka_chewy

• NASCAR Crewmember
  • Awards:
    Donor
« Reply #160 on: June 20, 2012, 10:34:07 pm »
Bummer to hear about the hiatus, but better to find out you have diabetes this way than to have an episode while driving. 

Good luck with the next chapter.

Offline lilfroger

• Administrator
  • Mechanical God!!!
  • Not a "god" ... I just talk a lot
  • Awards:
    ROTMDonorARMYMOTY
« Reply #161 on: June 21, 2012, 07:06:25 am »
Sam I am sorry to hear the news of the heath changes.  I watched my pops go through the ups and downs of the getting the sugars under control.  Good luck & for goodness sake do what your doc says!

If you need ANYTHING do not hesitate one second to call!!!!!! 
Install, Owners, & Service Manuals for many years & makes:
http://www.scribd.com/lilfroger

Offline Austin The DieselTech

• Sr Technician
  • Awards:
    500 HPROTYrotmDonor
« Reply #162 on: June 21, 2012, 08:16:27 am »
FROGGY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
2012 Ram 3500 SLT CCSB 4X4 Auto 4.10's
2002 2500 Sport Ext. Cab 4X4 lifted on 37's, Airdog, P-Pumped and twined. Traded In 5/2/13
2003 2500 SLT QCLB 4X4 Totaled

Offline ERT

• Tech Certified
  • Sr Technician
  • Awards:
    200KROTMTech Certified
« Reply #163 on: June 23, 2012, 03:57:33 pm »
Also hope those diabetes are manageable! Did you have a hunch that something was up or did this strike you by surprise?!

Thanks Nick. There were a few warning signs I guess, I had made an appointment to get a complete physical before this happened. I had lost about 40 pounds since Christmas but hadn't really made any diet change, I drink water like crazy and had to use the restroom a lot. I figured it would happen eventually considering that my Dad has it and his Dad had it as well. Just happened earlier than expected (I'm 32) and I'm in pretty good shape too, most people are surprised, including doctors, that I have it. Oh well, just time for another chapter I suppose.

Thanks everyone!!

Questions, Concerns, Comments? Contact DOF Administrators
DodgeOwnerForums.com is not affiliated with Chrysler Group, LLC or Cummins, Inc