270799 Posts in 19739 Topics - by 1830 Members - Latest Member: Simplesimon

Hello Guest
Show unread posts since last visit.
Show new replies to your posts.

Author Topic: Finally bought myself a fuel sipping commuter...  (Read 4867 times)

Offline sanddragonslayer

• SW Region Lead
  • Mechanical God!!!
  • the voices tell me.... BUILD BUILD BUILD
  • Awards:
    300kShadeTreeROTMContributor
Finally bought myself a fuel sipping commuter...
« on: March 14, 2011, 06:00:07 am »
Fuel is starting to climb steadily here in the southwest, so here is my answer to $130 a week for diesel.

specs
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Honda_CBR1100XX
95 12v 4x4 auto K&N drop in. 4 inch turbo back MBRP exhaust, Garmon trans, 4k gsk, 140 injectors, fully modded afc, pump timed, delivery valves, custom ground fuel plate, Phatshaft 62. And a very large list of to do's.

Offline Mitch

• Mechanical God!!!
  • Awards:
    500ROTMDonorContributorArmy
Re: Finally bought myself a fuel sipping commuter...
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2011, 06:22:39 am »
Year? Miles? How fast have you gotten it so far? Don't kill yourself bro
2022 2500 Laramie CCLB, 6.7 CTD, stock
57 Chevy 3200 pickup, 12V swap
1985 Jeep CJ10A former Tug- Dana 60, 6cyl Nissan diesel
2020 Mahindra Roxor, Dana 60s F/R, Ag tires

Offline Southern Belle

• Lounge Moderator
  • Master Technician
  • Awards:
    DonorLay'n LowHigh Mile
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2011, 06:37:36 am »
very nice!! jealous! ... been eyein a cbr600 maybe gas prices will get me to get off my butt and learn to ride :)

_(O|||||||O)_

Sometimes the one you think is your knight in shining armour turns out to be a retard in tin foil.

Offline Mitch

• Mechanical God!!!
  • Awards:
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2011, 08:04:13 am »
very nice!! jealous! ... been eyein a cbr600 maybe gas prices will get me to get off my butt and learn to ride :)
If you don't already know how to ride, I do not recommend any sport bike with the letter "R" in its name. Get something old and used that you won't mind dropping. Trust me.

There are 2 kinds of riders. Those who have gone down, and those who will go down. Everybody meet's the pavement at least once. It doesn't matter how long you have been riding, or how experienced you are.

Offline Lobster

• Master Technician
  • Your truck is almost as cool as my MINI Cooper S!
  • Awards:
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2011, 11:03:41 am »
That's a sexy bike! RAWR!

I'm determined to get my motorcycle license (well, technically endorsement based on how Florida does things now) the next time I'm home for more than a weekend...
Why yes, I do drive a 2009 MINI Cooper S.

I am definitely a Smidget**

**A cute, small midget

Offline Southern Belle

• Lounge Moderator
  • Master Technician
  • Awards:
    DonorLay'n LowHigh Mile
« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2011, 06:10:57 pm »
If you don't already know how to ride, I do not recommend any sport bike with the letter "R" in its name. Get something old and used that you won't mind dropping. Trust me.

There are 2 kinds of riders. Those who have gone down, and those who will go down. Everybody meet's the pavement at least once. It doesn't matter how long you have been riding, or how experienced you are.

i dont mind droppin a bike it can be fixed and i never said i was looking at a brand new one id rather feeling comfortable with the stance and the bike itself than just get an old one i wont be afraid to drop i know im goin to go down at least once in its lifetime

_(O|||||||O)_

Sometimes the one you think is your knight in shining armour turns out to be a retard in tin foil.

Offline Mitch

• Mechanical God!!!
  • Awards:
« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2011, 07:19:45 pm »

i dont mind droppin a bike it can be fixed and i never said i was looking at a brand new one id rather feeling comfortable with the stance and the bike itself than just get an old one i wont be afraid to drop i know im goin to go down at least once in its lifetime
There's that, and the R in the name. Throttle is a killer with a new rider. Throttle control takes a while to get used to. I have seen it many many times over. Overconfidence, over riding your capabilities. "Never ride faster than your angel can fly." Your angel is your experience level.

Offline wyomincowboy

• Gas Pumper
  • Awards:
    USNavy
« Reply #7 on: March 21, 2011, 04:18:52 pm »
Nice bike.    I went out and got a harley as my fuel sipper.  9mpg to work and back everyday was getting expensive.
"Be Good or Be Dam Good At It" - My old Division Officer told me this before every liberty port.
03 2500 Laramie Sport. Hemi mated to a NV4500 5 spd.  K&N Intake, 10mm Shorty Plug Wires, Diablosport Predator Tune, True dual 3in exhaust with high flow cats and 20in Glasspaks.

Offline sanddragonslayer

• SW Region Lead
  • Mechanical God!!!
  • Awards:
« Reply #8 on: March 23, 2011, 05:47:46 am »
i just can't see a Harley on my jobsite sitting in the dirt with dust all over it. I'd love to have one, just not right now.
95 12v 4x4 auto K&N drop in. 4 inch turbo back MBRP exhaust, Garmon trans, 4k gsk, 140 injectors, fully modded afc, pump timed, delivery valves, custom ground fuel plate, Phatshaft 62. And a very large list of to do's.

Offline AeroRam

• NASCAR Crewmember
  • What'd I miss?
  • Awards:
    ROTM400AF
« Reply #9 on: October 13, 2011, 09:52:51 pm »

No doubt... My old Crotch Rocket.... Never again, I'll run the same cruiser i've been runnin for 8 years no anyday though.

BTW it was my buddy that dumped this bike, yes he was bein stupid but that in my opinion is where the fun is on a rocket (in the right time and place) unlike a cruiser. We'd been ridin together 2 years he had a bad day showin off, shredded all the clothes busted the helmet in half and after 4mon. rehab had a 2nd grader IQ.... gov refused his insurance due to him bein a dip Sh*t basically (military guy)

In all fairness I will say for whatever godforesaken reason the wreck was estimated at 127mph in a "daycare zone" woulda decked the *r if he wasn't breathin through tubes... but his parents came clean and paid the bike in full... This was a few years back*

'06-4x4-2500
ATS|II|DDP|Suncoast|MADS|Edge|BD|Carli|Nitto

Offline AeroRam

• NASCAR Crewmember
  • What'd I miss?
  • Awards:
    ROTM400AF
« Reply #10 on: October 13, 2011, 09:53:33 pm »

No doubt... My old Crotch Rocket.... Never again, I'll run the same cruiser i've been runnin for 8 years now anyday though.

BTW it was my buddy that dumped this bike, yes he was bein stupid but that in my opinion is where the fun is on a rocket (in the right time and place) unlike a cruiser. We'd been ridin together 2 years he had a bad day showin off, shredded all the clothes busted the helmet in half and after 4mon. rehab had a 2nd grader IQ.... gov refused his insurance due to him bein a dip Sh*t basically (military guy)

In all fairness I will say for whatever godforesaken reason the wreck was estimated at 127mph in a "daycare zone" woulda decked the *r if he wasn't breathin through tubes... but his parents came clean and paid the bike in full... This was a few years back*

'06-4x4-2500
ATS|II|DDP|Suncoast|MADS|Edge|BD|Carli|Nitto

Offline kenz

• Michigan Historian
  • NASCAR Crew Chief
  • Coming to a state near you
  • Awards:
    100KContributing MemberDonor
« Reply #11 on: October 15, 2011, 12:29:35 am »
Nice ride Danny.  :cho:  Should save you around $100 a week.  :up:  That's some bad stuff right there Aero. Hopefully your bud came around. No doubt most bike accidents are the results of the bad decisions of the rider. Seen to many young guys buy a rocket and right away think they are running GP. For those that are thinking of getting a bike, I can't recommend enough taking a motorcycle training class. Definitely worth the time and expense. As for the statement, "Its not if you go down, but when you go down", been there, done that. Don't care to do that ever again. I surely don't recommend it, but when I got my first bike, I went to the local harley shop and picked out a brand new 1987 Harley sportster 883 hugger in purple. Plunked down my $4500, threw a leg over and asked....how does it work?  :eek: Yep, never even sat on a bike before. My first ride on a bike was 45 miles to home. Not the best way to learn.  ;D

2005 QC Dually 2wd CTD 6-spd. SRT-6, AEM Brute Force intake, Smarty Sr., D.O.F. shift knob, 5" to dual side exit 4" exhaust, Quad Scout, road kill kat, 2011 Coachmen North Ridge fifth wheel

I MAY BE OLD, BUT I GOT TO SEE ALL THE GOOD BANDS.....

Offline sanddragonslayer

• SW Region Lead
  • Mechanical God!!!
  • Awards:
« Reply #12 on: October 15, 2011, 06:08:18 pm »
well I honestly thought i would have done better on fuel mileage, the best i ever got out of it was 26mpg. SO i traded for an extended cab ford ranger with a 4cyl 5speed combo. it gets 25mpg has heat, air and a stereo. im not a big fan of fords but heading into winter again riding a bike to work doesnt seem as fun. :$:

Offline kenz

• Michigan Historian
  • NASCAR Crew Chief
  • Coming to a state near you
  • Awards:
    100KContributing MemberDonor
« Reply #13 on: October 15, 2011, 10:04:21 pm »
Isn't it always sunny and warm there? 26mpg seems awful low? My softail was in the high 40's.

2005 QC Dually 2wd CTD 6-spd. SRT-6, AEM Brute Force intake, Smarty Sr., D.O.F. shift knob, 5" to dual side exit 4" exhaust, Quad Scout, road kill kat, 2011 Coachmen North Ridge fifth wheel

I MAY BE OLD, BUT I GOT TO SEE ALL THE GOOD BANDS.....

Offline sanddragonslayer

• SW Region Lead
  • Mechanical God!!!
  • Awards:
« Reply #14 on: October 19, 2011, 04:44:03 am »
Isn't it always sunny and warm there? 26mpg seems awful low? My softail was in the high 40's.

i have an affliction, a desire to be at the edge of control as often as possible. It leads me to go as fast as it can, no matter what it is. and that will deffinately affect fuel mileage

Questions, Concerns, Comments? Contact DOF Administrators
DodgeOwnerForums.com is not affiliated with Chrysler Group, LLC or Cummins, Inc