270799 Posts in 19739 Topics - by 1830 Members - Latest Member: Simplesimon

Hello Guest
Show unread posts since last visit.
Show new replies to your posts.

Author Topic: Fishing in Indiana  (Read 2442 times)

Offline Smitty

• Service Manager
  • Awards:
    100KDonorUSAF
Fishing in Indiana
« on: April 06, 2011, 07:11:15 pm »
2017 Ram 2500 Big Horn 4x4, 6.7 CTD
2016 Heritage Glen 272RLS

Offline NickC

• Mechanical God!!!
  • V-neck pimp daddy
  • Awards:
    100kHeavyrotm400Donor
Re: Fishing in Indiana
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2011, 07:41:50 pm »
 :facepalm:

If i had to guess, they were not using any type of electricity to get them to jump like that. If that's the case, fishing AND boating will likely become a thing of the past. 

If you could go out and get an unlimited amount of them and be happy about eating them, it would make the situation slightly better. But from what i have read, that's not the case. They are carp after all...

05 2500 AUTO 4X4 4:10 LARAMIE CTD-CAT/SILENCER RING?, AERO 4040XL, SMARTY, XM RADIO, RECON CAB LIGHTS, CUP SMOOTHIE, QUAD COMMANDER, CFM+ MANIFOLD, S&B INTAKE, FOX WEATHER BOOTS

Offline Buford445

• Ram Section Moderator
  • Mechanical God!!!
  • I'm a little teapot short & stout
  • Awards:
    ROTMContributorDonation
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2011, 09:19:53 pm »
I have seen shows on TV where they were shooting them with Bows out of the boat

Thanks To HTS Transmission

PEOPLE MAY NOT REMEMBER EXACTLY
WHAT YOU DID, OR WHAT YOU SAID ~BUT~THEY WILL
ALWAYS REMEMBER HOW YOU MADE THEM
FEEL.

Offline kenz

• Michigan Historian
  • NASCAR Crew Chief
  • Coming to a state near you
  • Awards:
    100KContributing MemberDonor
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2011, 01:54:55 am »
Nick, with these carp, just the noise of the boat/motor agitate them into jumping. And yes it can be dangerous. As for limits, the DNR would have no problem with you taking dump truck loads every day. They are an evasive species overtaking the rivers. Its these types of carp that the State of Michigan is trying to prevent from entering the great lakes. If they do, fishing here will be a thing of the past.

And I have had smoked carp. If cleaned/prepped properly they are very tasty.  :up:

2005 QC Dually 2wd CTD 6-spd. SRT-6, AEM Brute Force intake, Smarty Sr., D.O.F. shift knob, 5" to dual side exit 4" exhaust, Quad Scout, road kill kat, 2011 Coachmen North Ridge fifth wheel

I MAY BE OLD, BUT I GOT TO SEE ALL THE GOOD BANDS.....

Offline NickC

• Mechanical God!!!
  • V-neck pimp daddy
  • Awards:
    100kHeavyrotm400Donor
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2011, 04:56:57 am »
I have casually researching them over the past year or so... im scared for our lakes. Especially with me enjoying fishing and all. If i ever see one in my lake, ill likely beat the hell out of it with a bat and throw it back into the water as an example for the others (even knowing that this will accomplish nothing).

As far as what they taste like... im sure its good smoked. A lot of not so good tasting things are good smoked though. If and when they get into our lakes and if im still around at that time, its going to be sad to not be able to pull a walleye or perch out of the lake and just cook it for the flavor that it naturally has.

05 2500 AUTO 4X4 4:10 LARAMIE CTD-CAT/SILENCER RING?, AERO 4040XL, SMARTY, XM RADIO, RECON CAB LIGHTS, CUP SMOOTHIE, QUAD COMMANDER, CFM+ MANIFOLD, S&B INTAKE, FOX WEATHER BOOTS

Offline Verrucktwolf

• NASCAR Crewmember
  • Awards:
    Donor
« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2011, 01:51:56 pm »
I wonder if it would be legal to load up a boat with a couple of guys with baseball bats and just go to town on those fish?  Or maybe do some skeet practice with them lol. 
2003 Neon SXT, Flowmaster Exhaust, 16" Fittipaldi Flame rims wrapped in Continental ContiProContact tires

Offline Smitty

• Service Manager
  • Awards:
    100KDonorUSAF
« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2011, 01:54:36 pm »
I wonder if it would be legal to load up a boat with a couple of guys with baseball bats and just go to town on those fish?  Or maybe do some skeet practice with them lol.

Skeet practice sounds like fun!  :53:
2017 Ram 2500 Big Horn 4x4, 6.7 CTD
2016 Heritage Glen 272RLS

Offline Verrucktwolf

• NASCAR Crewmember
  • Awards:
    Donor
« Reply #7 on: April 07, 2011, 02:14:55 pm »
2003 Neon SXT, Flowmaster Exhaust, 16" Fittipaldi Flame rims wrapped in Continental ContiProContact tires

Offline NickC

• Mechanical God!!!
  • V-neck pimp daddy
  • Awards:
    100kHeavyrotm400Donor
« Reply #8 on: April 08, 2011, 01:21:36 am »
I really like the idea of skeet'n!  :punk:

Questions, Concerns, Comments? Contact DOF Administrators
DodgeOwnerForums.com is not affiliated with Chrysler Group, LLC or Cummins, Inc