270799 Posts in 19739 Topics - by 1830 Members - Latest Member: Simplesimon

Hello Guest
Show unread posts since last visit.
Show new replies to your posts.

Author Topic: Can-Am Reviews  (Read 2984 times)

Offline Ruggedroast

• Technician
  • Awards:
    Donor
Can-Am Reviews
« on: April 14, 2011, 10:28:48 pm »
Hey everyone, I'm not sure who all has can-am toys here so this is to everyone.  I'm looking at one of the 650 max's at some point in the future and was wondering if you guy's had anything at all bad to say about them?  What kind of range do you get out of the 650 assuming average riding conditions and throttle abuse!

2006 Quad Cab Long Box CTD 4X4

So Far: Carli 3.0 Dominator Pro Suspension, Banks PowerPack with ottomind and PDA, Shoxspeed double steering stabilizer, diff guard, steering brace, crank sensor guard, 37" toyo MT, Walker Evans street lock wheels, glassworks front fenders, custom rock rails, free spin kit, EBC rotors and pads, leer canopy, husky liners, line X.

More to come, and soon

Offline Smitty

• Service Manager
  • Awards:
    100KDonorUSAF
Re: Can-Am Reviews
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2011, 12:50:58 pm »
The Can-Am 3 wheeled bikes? What I am looking at.  :up:
2017 Ram 2500 Big Horn 4x4, 6.7 CTD
2016 Heritage Glen 272RLS

Offline Tommygunz

• 2009 Fantasy NASCAR Champ
  • NASCAR Crew Chief
  • Rocket Surgeon
  • Awards:
    ROTM400HPAFDonor
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2011, 01:30:43 pm »
We have a pair of 2008 Can Am Outlander 800 XT's.. sweet machines.. CVT transmissions.. plenty of power, smooth riding.. with the 800cc motor and the winches mounted to the front.. if you cant get there on one of these you dont need to get there
2007 Mega Dually Laramie,Garmons Diesel Performance Tow Transmission, Edge Juice+CTS, Custom intake, Banks Smartlock & Exhaust Brake,Air Bagged Rear Axle, Kenwood DNX 7160 NAV system, Aero 4040xl, Bushwacker Pocket Front Fender Flares, Surco 50X60 Roof Rack, Homegrown Rhino'd Rockers and Bed, Functional Scooped Fiberglass Hood

Offline Ruggedroast

• Technician
  • Awards:
    Donor
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2011, 03:57:42 pm »
Have you had any issues with them at all?

So Far: Carli 3.0 Dominator Pro Suspension, Banks PowerPack with ottomind and PDA, Shoxspeed double steering stabilizer, diff guard, steering brace, crank sensor guard, 37" toyo MT, Walker Evans street lock wheels, glassworks front fenders, custom rock rails, free spin kit, EBC rotors and pads, leer canopy, husky liners, line X.

More to come, and soon

Offline spencea15

• Shade Tree Certified
  • NASCAR Crewmember
  • Awards:
    DonorShade Tree Cert
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2011, 05:40:33 pm »
The Can-Am 3 wheeled bikes? What I am looking at.  :up:

I have seen a lot of these have problems.
2000 Dakota CC slt plus, v6 :( auto.

Offline aka_chewy

• NASCAR Crewmember
  • Awards:
    Donor
« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2011, 08:16:30 pm »
My uncle's had a 'bombardier 500' since the early 2000's and hasn't had a single issue with it.  It's the one with the step through design.  It's been put through the paces pretty well and has held up to everything. 

Offline Tommygunz

• NASCAR Crew Chief
  • Rocket Surgeon
  • Awards:
    ROTM400HPAFDonor
« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2011, 01:03:30 am »
THe only issue we have had is us abusing the winches and draining the crap out of batteries.. we trashed anbother battery today..
Somehow I think just because bombardier makes them, they should be double purposed as snowmobiles...  the snow generally wins.. snapped two winch cables today and trashed the battery on one wheeler and tugged it back to the truck with the other. 
2007 Mega Dually Laramie,Garmons Diesel Performance Tow Transmission, Edge Juice+CTS, Custom intake, Banks Smartlock & Exhaust Brake,Air Bagged Rear Axle, Kenwood DNX 7160 NAV system, Aero 4040xl, Bushwacker Pocket Front Fender Flares, Surco 50X60 Roof Rack, Homegrown Rhino'd Rockers and Bed, Functional Scooped Fiberglass Hood

Offline Ruggedroast

• Technician
  • Awards:
    Donor
« Reply #7 on: April 18, 2011, 07:13:55 am »
Yeah those old "step through" traxter's were certainly pretty good, the only problem I've really heard about with them is snapping off motor mounts.

Not meaning any offence to anyone who has one but they are good old man bikes, easy on, easy off.

More to come, and soon

Offline AeroRam

• NASCAR Crewmember
  • What'd I miss?
  • Awards:
    ROTM400AF
« Reply #8 on: April 21, 2011, 05:35:29 pm »
Not sure what your definition of avg. riding conditions and throttle are... but I was at CMR (Championship Mud Racing) at Southern Ridge last weekend and the Can Am-s were eatin belts pretty fast granted that was going all out through 3-4ft water/mud.

A fellow rider of mine has an Can-Am 800 Outlander and loves it just did his 10hr service this week, he is already slippin belts pretty good... Belts in mud/water tend to be a regularly replaced item anyhow... hope that helps

'06-4x4-2500
ATS|II|DDP|Suncoast|MADS|Edge|BD|Carli|Nitto

Offline Tommygunz

• NASCAR Crew Chief
  • Rocket Surgeon
  • Awards:
    ROTM400HPAFDonor
« Reply #9 on: September 06, 2011, 12:41:35 am »
yeah, when the belt gets wet.. it'll slip.. but once dry its grabby again.. They aren't submarines

Offline AeroRam

• NASCAR Crewmember
  • What'd I miss?
  • Awards:
    ROTM400AF
« Reply #10 on: October 13, 2011, 09:32:05 pm »
yeah, when the belt gets wet.. it'll slip.. but once dry its grabby again.. They aren't submarines

Someone lied to you brother...

BTW once ya slip a belt on a 750cc quad its pretty well game over, that why I use this $24 a can crap for sealant.... doin a water wheelin smoke a belt intake or exhaust goes under and you just hydro locked.... rings are shot and ya gotta at least hone em out... reason I got 2 quads... when ones broke I can still ride lol

'06-4x4-2500
ATS|II|DDP|Suncoast|MADS|Edge|BD|Carli|Nitto

Offline blowin_soot

• Service Manager
  • Vote for SOOT!!!
  • Awards:
    100kROTMDonor
« Reply #11 on: December 22, 2011, 06:53:49 am »
We have a 2007 Outlander 400 ho and love it, no issues at all.  I have ridden the Sportsman 700 and in my opinion the rotax 400 has way more grunt than the 700.

2006 2500 Megacab CTD, DTT auto built by the guys at AAMCO of Reno, a little tweak here and there.

www.oldblue1954.blogspot.com

Questions, Concerns, Comments? Contact DOF Administrators
DodgeOwnerForums.com is not affiliated with Chrysler Group, LLC or Cummins, Inc