270799 Posts in 19739 Topics - by 1830 Members - Latest Member: Simplesimon

Hello Guest
Show unread posts since last visit.
Show new replies to your posts.

Author Topic: Viper ACR record braking run  (Read 1853 times)

Offline kenz

• Michigan Historian
  • Sportsman Moderator
  • NASCAR Crew Chief
  • Coming to a state near you
  • Awards:
    100KContributing MemberDonor
Viper ACR record braking run
« on: May 08, 2011, 03:54:48 am »
Time to put a little life in the Viper thread.... Calling an ACR a  :quote: production car  :quote: can be a reach in my opinion, but if you got the green, and you can buy it from a dodge dealer, then it must be a production car. Plus its always nice to see someone thump on a ZR1.  :43: And we get to ride along on a record braking run.  :punk:

The Dodge Viper SRT10 ACR (American Club Racer) has made history at yet another storied road course.

Renowned Dodge road racer Kuno Wittmer piloted a street legal 2010 Dodge Viper ACR to a record lap of 1:59.995 at Miller Motorsports Park in Tooele, Utah, on Monday, April 11, breaking the 2-minute mark for the first time in a production car on the 3.048-mile Outer Course configuration. The Viper ACR shattered the previous production car lap record of 2:03.86, held by Jan Magnussen in a Chevrolet Corvette ZR1 by close to 4 full seconds

2005 QC Dually 2wd CTD 6-spd. SRT-6, AEM Brute Force intake, Smarty Sr., D.O.F. shift knob, 5" to dual side exit 4" exhaust, Quad Scout, road kill kat, 2011 Coachmen North Ridge fifth wheel

I MAY BE OLD, BUT I GOT TO SEE ALL THE GOOD BANDS.....

Offline bikemancs

• NASCAR Crew Chief
  • Awards:
    100krotmDonorArmy
Re: Viper ACR record braking run
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2011, 04:27:53 am »
damn that is a sexy looking car... I love how they are racing it, yet you can still see the speakers that would normally be removed from a "racer" 

MAG-Tech Transmission Pan and Diff Covers, Isspro Gauges, UWS Tool box, Magnaflow 5" Exhaust, AFe Intake, Mopar Heated Seats

Offline BigRiver

• The Patriot Missile
  • NASCAR Crew Chief
  • Awards:
    100k600 HPROTMDonation
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2011, 01:54:38 pm »
I'd be happy to own either one of these road machines, but if you care to see a ZR1 eat up the 14 mi. Nurburgring course in Germany...check this out.

Plain Jane Stock (for now)

Offline kenz

• Michigan Historian
  • Sportsman Moderator
  • NASCAR Crew Chief
  • Coming to a state near you
  • Awards:
    100KContributing MemberDonor
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2011, 05:20:42 pm »
I just love the sound of a screaming small block.  :punk: Although I love the viper, there's no way I'd turn down the chance to park a 'vette in the driveway either.  :43:

2005 QC Dually 2wd CTD 6-spd. SRT-6, AEM Brute Force intake, Smarty Sr., D.O.F. shift knob, 5" to dual side exit 4" exhaust, Quad Scout, road kill kat, 2011 Coachmen North Ridge fifth wheel

I MAY BE OLD, BUT I GOT TO SEE ALL THE GOOD BANDS.....

Questions, Concerns, Comments? Contact DOF Administrators
DodgeOwnerForums.com is not affiliated with Chrysler Group, LLC or Cummins, Inc