270799 Posts in 19739 Topics - by 1830 Members - Latest Member: Simplesimon

Hello Guest
Show unread posts since last visit.
Show new replies to your posts.

Author Topic: 95 Ram Paint and Dent Revamp  (Read 826 times)

Offline RAMItDown

• Courtesy Driver
  • Awards:
    HM100
95 Ram Paint and Dent Revamp
« on: June 06, 2011, 11:42:29 pm »
Alright, as i said when i first posted, this are the pics of my Ram 1500, after my body work, sorry, no pics of pre-work, i am bad at remembering to take pictures.

These first two are of the passenger and driver side, where i did all the work (mainly to the grey area)

You MAY notice that the Silver is no factory, nor Dodge, i accidentilly bought "Radiant Silver", a chrysler color, but i think it looks good.

The next two are the areas that i Bondo'd, the frist picture is proof of my lack of patience, and needs to be redone (as well as the paint on both sides of the Bed). This dent came to be when my mother backed up too sharply, and ran the side of the truck across a pole for a span  :pout:

the next one is of a couple spots where random debris hit when my brother and I used it for a dump run (or seven).  I'm more satisfied with this side,  but like i said, i need to resurface the entire bed again. anyways.

The nect shot is of the bottom of the drivers side door, where, as we Ram owners know, the door started to sag, and hit.  I had A LOT of rust in that area, and had to make due without a welder, so  i grinded out what i could, and used thick plastic as a hole filler, then Bondo'd.  You can see where there is a crack along the seam of one, i'll see how that handles for a week or so, and see if any other spots pop up.

This is of the passenger side, same problem, just much much less.

But that's her.  One thing to keep in mind when reading this post, is that i am am NOT trying to bring this back to factory, simply enhancing my own skills, and making my truck a little nicer looking.  Seeing that what is new silver, WAS all chipping Dodge grey/Primer lol, i think i am doing a decent enough job, but i am always open to suggestions, and input, so go ahead!

One thing i forgot to mention, and you all probably noticed, is that i took all the Ram 1500, V8 emblams off, as well as the bump trim along the sides.  I never liked the look of it, and why do i need to advertise what i have?  I already know i own a Dodge Ram, lol
« Last Edit: June 07, 2011, 01:11:04 am by RAMItDown »
So what if i'm turning my Ram into a Decepticon?  Not like it's THAT sad......ok, it is that sad.... ;)

Questions, Concerns, Comments? Contact DOF Administrators
DodgeOwnerForums.com is not affiliated with Chrysler Group, LLC or Cummins, Inc