270799 Posts in 19739 Topics - by 1829 Members - Latest Member: Simplesimon

Hello Guest
Show unread posts since last visit.
Show new replies to your posts.

Author Topic: Headed to Elko, NV  (Read 4854 times)

Offline SilverC

• Technician
  • Awards:
Headed to Elko, NV
« on: October 02, 2011, 07:10:18 pm »
I'm headed to Elko, Nv for the next several months.  I'll be there from Nov-Jan.  Anyone around that part of the world?
2003 2500 CTD 4X4 Quadcab Laramie, 6 speed, Rancher Grill Guard, Luverne side-bars, B&W Hitch, Flaps, Dynatrac ball joints, One-Piece drive shaft, Bilstein shocks, FASS Titanium fuel system.

Offline Drew

• I'm a verb, ask me how you can drew
  • Tech Certified
  • Mechanical God!!!
  • Gentlemen, BEHOLD!!!
  • Awards:
    100krotmDonor400 HPArmyTechCert
Re: Headed to Elko, NV
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2011, 11:11:19 pm »
Tony. . .Blowin_Soot is in Reno. . .about 4.5 hrs away.

Drew [droo]

-verb
1. pt. of draw
2. to procrastinate on and talk about the need to upgrade stock parts while operating said parts to beyond the point of failure

Offline SilverC

• Technician
  • Awards:
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2011, 10:48:47 pm »
I'll have to watch for him.  Who knows, 4.5 hr drive out in that part of the country is just a nice test run!   :cheers:
2003 2500 CTD 4X4 Quadcab Laramie, 6 speed, Rancher Grill Guard, Luverne side-bars, B&W Hitch, Flaps, Dynatrac ball joints, One-Piece drive shaft, Bilstein shocks, FASS Titanium fuel system.

Offline Drew

• Tech Certified
  • Mechanical God!!!
  • Gentlemen, BEHOLD!!!
  • Awards:
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2011, 12:54:44 am »
Make sure to hit up the Great Basin. . .good beer :up:

The people I work with/for have an annual workshop, the past four years it was at the Silver Legacy in Reno. . .this year the SL got out bid by the IP in Biloxi MS.

Drew [droo]

-verb
1. pt. of draw
2. to procrastinate on and talk about the need to upgrade stock parts while operating said parts to beyond the point of failure

Cutterw

« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2011, 01:17:12 am »
What roads are you taking out that way?

Offline 1ACarlos

• Oil Changer
  • Awards:
« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2011, 11:30:10 pm »
Have fun

Offline SilverC

• Technician
  • Awards:
« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2011, 01:02:23 pm »
I'm running I-40 through Ok City then up to Denver, through Walsh, CO where grandpa is so I can drop off the 59 Buick.  then up to I-80 at Cheyenne and over to Elko.  Certainly a round about way to get there!

Offline blowin_soot

• Service Manager
  • Vote for SOOT!!!
  • Awards:
    100kROTMDonor
« Reply #7 on: October 17, 2011, 06:19:42 am »
Let me know if you make it to the big city of Reno.  I'm always looking for somebody to go to Great basin with!!!

In this part of the country 4.5 hours is just a warm up drive.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2011, 06:22:40 am by blowin_soot »

2006 2500 Megacab CTD, DTT auto built by the guys at AAMCO of Reno, a little tweak here and there.

www.oldblue1954.blogspot.com

Offline BigRiver

• The Patriot Missile
  • NASCAR Crew Chief
  • Awards:
    100k600 HPROTMDonation
« Reply #8 on: October 17, 2011, 07:39:13 am »

The people I work with/for have an annual workshop, the past four years it was at the Silver Legacy in Reno. . .this year the SL got out bid by the IP in Biloxi MS.

Let me know when you're in Biloxi Drew, I'm about an hour away.

Plain Jane Stock (for now)

Offline Tommygunz

• 2009 Fantasy NASCAR Champ
  • NASCAR Crew Chief
  • Rocket Surgeon
  • Awards:
    ROTM400HPAFDonor
« Reply #9 on: October 17, 2011, 03:04:27 pm »
Well, I would say drop me a line when your in cheyenne.. but I am in  California right now till december.. lol
2007 Mega Dually Laramie,Garmons Diesel Performance Tow Transmission, Edge Juice+CTS, Custom intake, Banks Smartlock & Exhaust Brake,Air Bagged Rear Axle, Kenwood DNX 7160 NAV system, Aero 4040xl, Bushwacker Pocket Front Fender Flares, Surco 50X60 Roof Rack, Homegrown Rhino'd Rockers and Bed, Functional Scooped Fiberglass Hood

Offline Drew

• Tech Certified
  • Mechanical God!!!
  • Gentlemen, BEHOLD!!!
  • Awards:
« Reply #10 on: October 18, 2011, 03:39:54 am »

Let me know when you're in Biloxi Drew, I'm about an hour away.

March 3-10 time frame :up:

dunno my schedule as I'm usually running around being Mr. Fix-it when test equipment displays go down, vendors and their issues, and someone looses internet access. We are also looking into doing more. . .which means more issues. I was able to sneak away last year so we'll see.

Drew [droo]

-verb
1. pt. of draw

Offline blowin_soot

• Service Manager
  • Vote for SOOT!!!
  • Awards:
    100kROTMDonor
« Reply #11 on: October 18, 2011, 07:22:19 am »
Guess I'll have to find somebody else to help put the 204 through a long range test the.

2006 2500 Megacab CTD, DTT auto built by the guys at AAMCO of Reno, a little tweak here and there.

Offline Drew

• Tech Certified
  • Mechanical God!!!
  • Gentlemen, BEHOLD!!!
  • Awards:
« Reply #12 on: October 19, 2011, 02:34:10 am »
yea, many of us were hoping on going back to the SL, but the IP in Biloxi made us a deal we couldnt refuse.

Drew [droo]

-verb
1. pt. of draw

Offline blowin_soot

• Service Manager
  • Vote for SOOT!!!
  • Awards:
    100kROTMDonor
« Reply #13 on: October 24, 2011, 08:08:46 pm »
When you are in Elko make sure you try some Basque food.  Stockmans and the Comercial both have good Basque menus.  Make sure you try Chorizo, not mexico chorizo but Basque chorizo.  Great stuff, but mix it with beer and  :fart: :fart:

Offline SilverC

• Technician
  • Awards:
« Reply #14 on: November 01, 2011, 02:45:56 am »
I lived/worked in Jordan Valley, OR for about 6-7 yrs so I know what you mean   :fart:  It has been about 10 years since I had a good Basque chorizo with cold beer   :cheers:  I have been told that the best Basque food in Elko is the Star!  Been here 2 whole days and have yet to visit.  First day on the job (10 hrs) so I'm tired and will settle for 2 frozen buritos and several cold Weinhard's Private Reserve.  I've got 90 days so I'm not in a hurry.

Questions, Concerns, Comments? Contact DOF Administrators
DodgeOwnerForums.com is not affiliated with Chrysler Group, LLC or Cummins, Inc