270799 Posts in 19739 Topics - by 1829 Members - Latest Member: Simplesimon

Hello Guest
Show unread posts since last visit.
Show new replies to your posts.

Author Topic: Deer season open in Indiana  (Read 1949 times)

Offline BigRedFireTruck

• Master Technician
  • Laughing my Balls off
  • Awards:
Deer season open in Indiana
« on: November 13, 2011, 05:17:49 pm »
Deer season opened for shotgun yesterday and when I was check out 4 bucks was taken.  Wow in four hours   Nice. Then best part the hunters where all KIDS 14 year old or less and one kid wadded across a small stream to get his 12 buck    Granted my group didn't see any deer. One guy got a squirrel I seen a rabbit took aim but didn't shoot.   
Last night we went fox hunting was out until 2am and back up in our stand at 530    Yes Im writing this in my stand so I can stay awake because I'm really tired. But I got three does playing The other end of the field ive been watching them for about a 1/2 hour now
RED 2004.5 dodge Ram 3500 qc long bed CTD

Offline kenz

• Michigan Historian
  • NASCAR Crew Chief
  • Coming to a state near you
  • Awards:
    100KContributing MemberDonor
Re: Deer season open in Indiana
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2011, 07:17:03 pm »
When it comes to hunting there will be plenty of time to sleep when you're dead.  :lol:  Keep watching them does, they just might lead a buck into your area.  :up:

We've had a few youth and handicap weekend hunts so far, but the first day of Michigan firearms season starts this Tuesday. Should be a good year.

Good luck!

2005 QC Dually 2wd CTD 6-spd. SRT-6, AEM Brute Force intake, Smarty Sr., D.O.F. shift knob, 5" to dual side exit 4" exhaust, Quad Scout, road kill kat, 2011 Coachmen North Ridge fifth wheel

I MAY BE OLD, BUT I GOT TO SEE ALL THE GOOD BANDS.....

Offline BigRedFireTruck

• Master Technician
  • Laughing my Balls off
  • Awards:
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2011, 05:38:44 am »
we are headed back out tomorrow morning Thursday and then friday at same place but different areas.  Now on saturday we are going to a different place all together where my dad used to take me when he was alive.  I hope the same Idiot that was their monday dont decide to come with us.  My buddy almost got shot.. Yes he had his orange on but the hunter fired at a doe.....   the location La Salle fish and wildlife you cant take a antlerless deer.  its the same as poaching I think but the hunter shouldnt have even fired at it....  Now I guess we have to watch our backs at all times..

Offline Verrucktwolf

• NASCAR Crewmember
  • Awards:
    Donor
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2011, 03:59:59 pm »
Good luck, I've been out about 7 times so far during bow season here and haven't seen a thing except a bunch of squirrels.  My dad got a small 8 2nd day of the season, but since then nothing.  Hopefully with this cold front we have moving through right now along with the rut in full swing, they will start moving again (haven't even seen anything on our trail camera in almost 2 weeks).  Heading out tonight after work if it's not raining. 

Then goose comes in on Saturday and I got a new place to hunt this year with some buddies (just happens to be my uncle's farm where I thought he didn't allow hunting, that's what I get for not asking lol). 
2003 Neon SXT, Flowmaster Exhaust, 16" Fittipaldi Flame rims wrapped in Continental ContiProContact tires

Offline kenz

• Michigan Historian
  • NASCAR Crew Chief
  • Coming to a state near you
  • Awards:
    100KContributing MemberDonor
« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2011, 06:46:16 pm »
Deer season has been in full swing since last Tuesday, a lot of nice bucks taken. Wish one was mine.

2005 QC Dually 2wd CTD 6-spd. SRT-6, AEM Brute Force intake, Smarty Sr., D.O.F. shift knob, 5" to dual side exit 4" exhaust, Quad Scout, road kill kat, 2011 Coachmen North Ridge fifth wheel

I MAY BE OLD, BUT I GOT TO SEE ALL THE GOOD BANDS.....

Offline BigRedFireTruck

• Master Technician
  • Laughing my Balls off
  • Awards:
« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2011, 03:25:42 am »
I know Kenz I didnt really see anything  I must say that the two places that we have been hunting at the totals are LOW  last year their was 58 at kingburry and 74 at lasalle this year at kingburry its 48  and at lasalle its 52 and the processing place that everyone goes too is low 130 deer from this time last year.   so the totals are going to be really low this year...  the weather has not be nice either too hot or its raining and or WINDY 30-50 mph wind gusts    While in my stand I swore I heard a tree fall over LOL....   but that is where I shot at my buck but I missed  :banging:  bad shot should have never even taken a shot but every hunter has to take what he can get or nothing at all.... 
My buddy Brandon got 2 bucks this year First was with his truck and the other was with a shotgun...  my other buddy Adam got his buck with a handgun.  Leaves me with NOTHING.... Mussel loader season starts saturday morning. Then I can shoot a doe or a buck we will see what happens good luck to everyone this year.   

Questions, Concerns, Comments? Contact DOF Administrators
DodgeOwnerForums.com is not affiliated with Chrysler Group, LLC or Cummins, Inc