270799 Posts in 19739 Topics - by 1829 Members - Latest Member: Simplesimon

Hello Guest
Show unread posts since last visit.
Show new replies to your posts.

Author Topic: Heated seat install?  (Read 9200 times)

Offline searstractorfan

• Oil Changer
  • Awards:
Heated seat install?
« on: November 17, 2011, 01:20:55 am »
Can Install heated seats into my truck if it doesnt have them factory? My dads 3/4ton has them but my 1ton dont....I thought they came factory on the larieme trucks?
2003 Ram 3500 dually 6spd 4x4 jake brake, bully dog 4in stainless exhaust isspro pillar gauges(thanks cumminalong)

2003 Ram 2500 mildly built 48RE 4x4 long bed glowshift gauges

Offline jcodner

• Oil Changer
  • Awards:
Re: Heated seat install?
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2011, 01:43:32 am »
if you can get your hands on the seats its just to wire them in to switches but im pretty sure you can buy the elements that go into the seats itself but i could be wrong... and yes i thought they did come stock with the larmarie package
Jordon
04.5 2500, S&B Intake, Magnaflow exhaust, Cortex programmer, silencer ring MIA, 08.5 steering upgrade,  more to come wit time hopefully

Offline bikemancs

• NASCAR Crew Chief
  • Awards:
    100krotmDonorArmy
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2011, 01:47:23 am »
there is a fairly simple Mopar package available.  All the trucks are wired for it.  All you have to do is remove the seat covers, which you don't even have to do all the way, install the elements, hook up to the wire sets, then run the switches to the dash.  A few ladies on here (Deton8r for example), can vouch for them.  maybe about an hour, two hours max. 

MAG-Tech Transmission Pan and Diff Covers, Isspro Gauges, UWS Tool box, Magnaflow 5" Exhaust, AFe Intake, Mopar Heated Seats

Offline searstractorfan

• Oil Changer
  • Awards:
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2011, 11:35:42 pm »
Well, if I do it, i wanna do a factory look install, so factory switches, but elements dont bother me...I have the leather seats but have the dodge blue jean type covers...
2003 Ram 3500 dually 6spd 4x4 jake brake, bully dog 4in stainless exhaust isspro pillar gauges(thanks cumminalong)

Offline bikemancs

• NASCAR Crew Chief
  • Awards:
    100krotmDonorArmy
« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2011, 11:46:10 pm »
The Mopar kit buttons are... different.  They are not the standard OEM switches.  if you get a set of the OEM switches, you MIGHT be able to hook up the cables... no guarantees though...

MAG-Tech Transmission Pan and Diff Covers, Isspro Gauges, UWS Tool box, Magnaflow 5" Exhaust, AFe Intake, Mopar Heated Seats

Offline searstractorfan

• Oil Changer
  • Awards:
« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2011, 02:40:33 am »
ok, if I ge the mopar setup, how do the switches mount? So far my trucks NEVER had holes drilled for anything in the cab, and dont wanna do that...

Offline bikemancs

• NASCAR Crew Chief
  • Awards:
    100krotmDonorArmy
« Reply #6 on: November 18, 2011, 03:41:56 am »
dremel a very small hole in the dash setup and then adhere the buttons via included sticky pads to the center counsel.  the buttons and covers are designed to cover up what you have to drill.  You could also run the wires through the cubbyholes or something...  basically, the switch is permanently connected to the wires, which is like a flat 4 wire setup.  you are cutting the hole in the dash to actually pull the switch itself through.  then there is a "Edging" for the switch that makes it larger than the hole you just cut and covers it up. 

I hope that makes sense.  If not, I'll try again on Sat (busy all day tomorrow)

Offline searstractorfan

• Oil Changer
  • Awards:
« Reply #7 on: November 18, 2011, 11:18:42 pm »
Ya I follow..hmmm anyone got the part # for this kit? Or can i find a wrecked truck with heated seats and steal that stuff? Are our trucks prewired for heated seats if their not in their?

Offline bikemancs

• NASCAR Crew Chief
  • Awards:
    100krotmDonorArmy
« Reply #8 on: November 19, 2011, 04:51:31 am »
mine was pre wired, as in the connections were sitting un-used under the front seats.  I just had to plug in the wires.  You do not want to scavenger this, IMO.  the elements, at least on the modification kit, are adhesive on one side, and kind of tear up the foam if you pull them off.  Then you'd have to use a spray adhesive to put them back in.  I don't know how the from the factory are setup.

Call Super Dave (Parts/Service) for the pricing and availability.  I don't remember what I paid. 

Offline searstractorfan

• Oil Changer
  • Awards:
« Reply #9 on: November 20, 2011, 11:12:41 pm »
Oh, so I can order the factory dodge heaters? SWEET! then scavenge the switches and just wire it u? THat would be SWEEET! I wonder if the connections are behind the dash already?

Offline bikemancs

• NASCAR Crew Chief
  • Awards:
    100krotmDonorArmy
« Reply #10 on: November 20, 2011, 11:41:01 pm »
Ummm.... maybe... let me try this again. 

The Mopar Heated Seat kit, that you can buy, hooks into the wiring harness that you should/might already have under your seats.  The only thing this wiring provides is power for the kit. 

I have ZERO idea about the stock switches.  the kit comes with its own switches. 

Offline searstractorfan

• Oil Changer
  • Awards:
« Reply #11 on: November 21, 2011, 01:00:27 am »
Oh..ok sorry I so wasnt reading it right....Ok..I need to buy that kit, and it will come with everything but the stock harness that might be their! gotcha! Imight buy that kit, and try to adapt the stock dodge setup to it...Or try to find the original factory heated seat setup...You see the heated seat setup Geno's is selling...know anything about it?

Offline bikemancs

• NASCAR Crew Chief
  • Awards:
    100krotmDonorArmy
« Reply #12 on: November 21, 2011, 01:13:41 am »

Offline searstractorfan

• Oil Changer
  • Awards:
« Reply #13 on: November 21, 2011, 01:39:13 am »
This is a link to one of the heaters(i just quick searched it on their site) i think they offer a kit for all different years...http://www.genosgarage.com/prodinfo.asp?number=ROSTRA_250_1870

Offline bikemancs

• NASCAR Crew Chief
  • Awards:
    100krotmDonorArmy
« Reply #14 on: November 21, 2011, 03:29:18 am »
This is what I installed:  http://performancedodge.stores.yahoo.net/doramhesekit.html

Notice the white/clear wire connectors... those are what snap in to the wiring harness already under my seats. 

I'd check to see if you had the connectors first...

Questions, Concerns, Comments? Contact DOF Administrators
DodgeOwnerForums.com is not affiliated with Chrysler Group, LLC or Cummins, Inc