270799 Posts in 19739 Topics - by 1829 Members - Latest Member: Simplesimon

Hello Guest
Show unread posts since last visit.
Show new replies to your posts.

Author Topic: Heated seat install?  (Read 9203 times)

Offline kenz

• Michigan Historian
  • Sportsman Moderator
  • NASCAR Crew Chief
  • Coming to a state near you
  • Awards:
    100KContributing MemberDonor
Re: Heated seat install?
« Reply #15 on: November 21, 2011, 04:21:44 am »
My laramie came with heated leather seats.  :up: Buying the whole kit seems to be the easiest, but I see where you are coming from with the no drilling holes idea. One option would be to find seats and buttons from a wrecked truck and transplant them. Another option would be to buy the kit and use the factory switches from a donor truck. From what I read about the Mopar heater kit, its a 3 level control. Low, medium, and high. The factory switches (in my truck) are only 2 position (low and high). So using OEM switches would not work, unless it could be wired to use as a 2 level instead of 3. Would have to investigate the wiring to see if it is possible. If you want a pic of what the switches look like, I can snap a pic in the morning.

2005 QC Dually 2wd CTD 6-spd. SRT-6, AEM Brute Force intake, Smarty Sr., D.O.F. shift knob, 5" to dual side exit 4" exhaust, Quad Scout, road kill kat, 2011 Coachmen North Ridge fifth wheel

I MAY BE OLD, BUT I GOT TO SEE ALL THE GOOD BANDS.....

Offline searstractorfan

• Oil Changer
  • Awards:
« Reply #16 on: November 22, 2011, 01:35:01 am »
Hmmm Ive got some wiring under my seats, I think its only for the power seats...My dad has a lariame and it has heated seats so I know what the switches look like...Ill see how his is plugged in, maybe I got the wiring and i just need to unplug the power seats and plug all this in too...Thanks guys, ill do some looking!
2003 Ram 3500 dually 6spd 4x4 jake brake, bully dog 4in stainless exhaust isspro pillar gauges(thanks cumminalong)

2003 Ram 2500 mildly built 48RE 4x4 long bed glowshift gauges

Offline searstractorfan

• Oil Changer
  • Awards:
« Reply #17 on: November 26, 2011, 01:04:40 am »
Ok, at a glance comparing dads truck to mine...He has the same plug setup coming to the seat, as I do...BUT he has different colored wires in that harness going to the powered parts to move the seats...So I dunno whats different their...My truck has a build date of like 10-02, and his is like 2-03...so guessin its the build dates...they both title as 03's....Im gonna look deeper into the wiring parts, but looks like all I need is the elements, and the switches possibly!
2003 Ram 3500 dually 6spd 4x4 jake brake, bully dog 4in stainless exhaust isspro pillar gauges(thanks cumminalong)

2003 Ram 2500 mildly built 48RE 4x4 long bed glowshift gauges

Questions, Concerns, Comments? Contact DOF Administrators
DodgeOwnerForums.com is not affiliated with Chrysler Group, LLC or Cummins, Inc