270799 Posts in 19739 Topics - by 1829 Members - Latest Member: Simplesimon

Hello Guest
Show unread posts since last visit.
Show new replies to your posts.

Author Topic: Antifreeze Smell in cab @ WOT  (Read 3406 times)

Offline pctgreg

• Sr Technician
  • Awards:
    donorContributor
Re: Antifreeze Smell in cab @ WOT
« Reply #15 on: November 28, 2011, 06:00:54 am »
lol oh was that it? :lol:

Lol no.  I did the t-stat and temp sensor in my fathers truck last weekend too.   Today was front rotors and pads on my mothers car.  I never had a brake rotor fight me that much with removal as her car did... sheesh.  Lets just say the rotors needed a lot of persuasion.  Everything went together great tho... once I got those rotors off  :banging:
01 1500 4x4

Offline RoaminGnome

• Master Technician
  • Chrome hating gnome!
  • Awards:
    High Mile
« Reply #16 on: November 29, 2011, 01:38:42 am »
lol oh was that it? :lol:

Lol no.  I did the t-stat and temp sensor in my fathers truck last weekend too.   Today was front rotors and pads on my mothers car.  I never had a brake rotor fight me that much with removal as her car did... sheesh.  Lets just say the rotors needed a lot of persuasion.  Everything went together great tho... once I got those rotors off  :banging:

Friend needed a 5 lb sledge and about 45min to get his rotors off... I told him to keep it and make it into a clock :lol:
:fwin: <--- just says i all :D

Offline carpenter

• Oil Changer
  • Awards:
« Reply #17 on: November 29, 2011, 02:23:21 am »
Sorry about that those screws came out easy for me, mine had enough room I just used a screwdriver. My box came out enough that I put the solid line heater core in with out disconecting any of the a/c lines, the only lines I had  to take loose was the heater hoses. I dont know why mine fit and yours didnt, other than my a/c lines are just alittle longer and let the box slide out more, but for sure didnt have any secrets. Sorry couldnt help more than I did with your core. 

Offline pctgreg

• Sr Technician
  • Awards:
    donorContributor
« Reply #18 on: November 29, 2011, 02:31:56 am »
Sorry about that those screws came out easy for me, mine had enough room I just used a screwdriver. My box came out enough that I put the solid line heater core in with out disconecting any of the a/c lines, the only lines I had  to take loose was the heater hoses. I dont know why mine fit and yours didnt, other than my a/c lines are just alittle longer and let the box slide out more, but for sure didnt have any secrets. Sorry couldnt help more than I did with your core.

No problem at all, I did appreciate your help.  :up:  Yeah now that I think about it... if you had the box out that far the screw wouldn't have been an issue for you  :banging:  I still don't know why I didn't have that much room, I had that AC clip against the firewall so that's all I had.  Oh well no problem.  Its in, its done, and it works... and that's all that matters :D.

Rudy, yeah I hear ya.  I was so close to just calling it, and yank the hubs off and replace them too.  It probably wouldn't have hurt to do that anyway... but that car is on it's last leg and were just trying to keep it going long enough to pay off some bills and get a new car.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2011, 02:35:02 am by pctgreg »
01 1500 4x4

Questions, Concerns, Comments? Contact DOF Administrators
DodgeOwnerForums.com is not affiliated with Chrysler Group, LLC or Cummins, Inc