270799 Posts in 19739 Topics - by 1829 Members - Latest Member: Simplesimon

Hello Guest
Show unread posts since last visit.
Show new replies to your posts.

Author Topic: Couger hunt  (Read 4566 times)

Offline kenz

• Michigan Historian
  • NASCAR Crew Chief
  • Coming to a state near you
  • Awards:
    100KContributing MemberDonor
Couger hunt
« on: December 23, 2011, 12:59:28 am »
Video is of a cougar hunt that a buddy at work showed me. Them are his hunting partners in the vid. Unfortunately he had to leave to come back home a couple days before this. This is the third year they have gone west cougar hunting. This little guy was in the 150# range. It was the youngster with the good 'ole .30-30 that took 'em outta the tree.  :up:

2005 QC Dually 2wd CTD 6-spd. SRT-6, AEM Brute Force intake, Smarty Sr., D.O.F. shift knob, 5" to dual side exit 4" exhaust, Quad Scout, road kill kat, 2011 Coachmen North Ridge fifth wheel

I MAY BE OLD, BUT I GOT TO SEE ALL THE GOOD BANDS.....

Offline Drew

• I'm a verb, ask me how you can drew
  • Tech Certified
  • Mechanical God!!!
  • Gentlemen, BEHOLD!!!
  • Awards:
    100krotmDonor400 HPArmyTechCert
Re: Couger hunt
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2011, 01:24:37 am »
Ken. . .good thing you had the vid there as my mind was wandering in a completely different direction

Drew [droo]

-verb
1. pt. of draw
2. to procrastinate on and talk about the need to upgrade stock parts while operating said parts to beyond the point of failure

Offline bikemancs

• NASCAR Crew Chief
  • Awards:
    100krotmDonorArmy
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2011, 01:33:22 am »
Ken. . .good thing you had the vid there as my mind was wandering in a completely different direction

Whew, wasn't just me....

MAG-Tech Transmission Pan and Diff Covers, Isspro Gauges, UWS Tool box, Magnaflow 5" Exhaust, AFe Intake, Mopar Heated Seats

Offline kenz

• Michigan Historian
  • NASCAR Crew Chief
  • Awards:
« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2011, 02:07:00 am »
Made you look....  :43:

2005 QC Dually 2wd CTD 6-spd. SRT-6, AEM Brute Force intake, Smarty Sr., D.O.F. shift knob, 5" to dual side exit 4" exhaust, Quad Scout, road kill kat, 2011 Coachmen North Ridge fifth wheel

Offline Jims1dodge

• NASCAR Crewmember
  • Awards:
    Heavy Haulerdonor100k
« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2011, 02:08:27 am »
+2
I had a flashback to mid1990's Miami  :cigar:
You can't fix stupid

~When I was a boy I was told that anybody could become President. Now I’m beginning to believe it

Offline Cujo

• Lead Moderator
  • NASCAR Crewmember
  • Just One Big Freakin' Ray of Sunshine...
  • Awards:
    Donor
« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2011, 01:18:47 pm »
+3 damn, I was a little disappointed.  :43:
2007 Dodge Ram 2500 SLT 4x4 Quad Cab SWB
5.9L I6 Cummins Diesel/4 speed auto, Big Horn Edition
Westin Oval tubes, MBRP exhaust, AFE CAI, DiPricol Gauges,
Smarty, Line-x, Dynatrac Free Spin Hubs

Offline NickC

• Mechanical God!!!
  • V-neck pimp daddy
  • Awards:
    100kHeavyrotm400Donor
« Reply #6 on: December 31, 2011, 07:22:51 am »
Aside from all you cougar dreamers... i think this video was the bees knee's!

I have always found the cougar to be the most intriguing of all of the cats. Something about them screams coolness to me. I even put them above lions and tigers. Although those are some pretty wicked animals, too.

I would LOVE to be on a hunt like this! Reminds me of coon hunting when i was younger on a trip to Louisiana. Send the dogs out, wait for them to tree the animal, then shoot. Im sure this hunt was more involved than that... but just imagine how nutty the feeling would be to actually be under the tree of this thing before its been shot. Talk about top selling items on the Taco Bell late night menu falling out of your pants!  ;D

05 2500 AUTO 4X4 4:10 LARAMIE CTD-CAT/SILENCER RING?, AERO 4040XL, SMARTY, XM RADIO, RECON CAB LIGHTS, CUP SMOOTHIE, QUAD COMMANDER, CFM+ MANIFOLD, S&B INTAKE, FOX WEATHER BOOTS

Offline Lobster

• Master Technician
  • Your truck is almost as cool as my MINI Cooper S!
  • Awards:
« Reply #7 on: December 31, 2011, 05:41:47 pm »
That's pretty cool! But um... What do you do with the cougar? Yes, I'm a clueless city slicker and I'm proud of it!
Why yes, I do drive a 2009 MINI Cooper S.

I am definitely a Smidget**

**A cute, small midget

Offline kenz

• Michigan Historian
  • NASCAR Crew Chief
  • Awards:
« Reply #8 on: January 01, 2012, 03:40:27 am »
What do you do with it? Well miss cityslicker, you eat it.  :43: Because of the remoteness of this hunt, (it took hours to go just a 1100 yards I believe), they dressed it, and packed out most of the meat and hide. The one they got last year they dragged back to camp. Buddy said they could see the truck with the 'glass, about 1700 yards away-----down a cliff. Took over 12 hours to get back to the truck. They had to tie the beast to there waist 'cause they needed both hands to hold onto the trees so they didn't fall over the side. Occasionally the cat would slip over the side, and they would have to brace themselves on the trees to pull it back up. But he says, once cleaned real good, the meat was very tasty.  :punk:

Suffice it to say that for me I would have died of a stroke before I got even half way up, let alone down.  :lol:

Offline Lobster

• Master Technician
  • Awards:
« Reply #9 on: January 01, 2012, 07:07:03 pm »
People eat cougars? For reals? That isn't something I think of as edible... Then again- if it doesn't come pre-killed, pre-plucked, pre-sliced and diced into various cuts, and packaged at a grocery store I clearly am not eating it because that is where the food comes from...

Ask Jake- I'm a complete idiot when it comes to farm animals, let alone animals in the wild... I just learned a few days ago that a reindeer is actually a caribou. You should read this:

http://libby-on-the-label.blogspot.com/2011/11/pre-k-teacher-where-does-milk-come-from.html

**A cute, small midget

Offline kenz

• Michigan Historian
  • NASCAR Crew Chief
  • Awards:
« Reply #10 on: January 02, 2012, 03:16:44 am »
Mutt-Cow?  :scratch: :scratch: I'm really starting feel sorry for Jake.  :lol:

As for Reindeer, they are quite tasty. But just like Quail you need a few for a good cook out. And remember, there is a stiff fine for shooting the one with the red nose....... :fart:

Offline Lobster

• Master Technician
  • Awards:
« Reply #11 on: January 02, 2012, 04:33:50 am »
Mutt-Cow?  :scratch: :scratch: I'm really starting feel sorry for Jake.  :lol:

As for Reindeer, they are quite tasty. But just like Quail you need a few for a good cook out. And remember, there is a stiff fine for shooting the one with the red nose....... :fart:

Yes, mutt-cow! You aren't the only one that feels bad for him... And the sad part is, those types of conversations are quite normal.

I don't think Jews get fined for killing the red nosed one. We don't know any different. Maybe that one has a really bad cold and needs Kleenex with lotion?

**A cute, small midget

Offline NickC

• Mechanical God!!!
  • V-neck pimp daddy
  • Awards:
    100kHeavyrotm400Donor
« Reply #12 on: January 02, 2012, 04:33:59 pm »
Mut Cows... you're hilarious!

At least you keeps conversations interesting, though, right? ;D2

05 2500 AUTO 4X4 4:10 LARAMIE CTD-CAT/SILENCER RING?, AERO 4040XL, SMARTY, XM RADIO, RECON CAB LIGHTS, CUP SMOOTHIE, QUAD COMMANDER, CFM+ MANIFOLD, S&B INTAKE, FOX WEATHER BOOTS

Offline Lobster

• Master Technician
  • Awards:
« Reply #13 on: January 02, 2012, 06:13:49 pm »
Mut Cows... you're hilarious!

At least you keeps conversations interesting, though, right? ;D2

I'm not entirely sure who keeps things more interesting... Jake says things with such a deadpan look and serious tone that I always believe him and then I start REALLY thinking about what he said and I realize that a good portion of the time he is making crap up!

**A cute, small midget

Offline FroneDaddy

• Shade Tree Certified
  • NASCAR Crew Chief
  • Awards:
    MileHighShade TreeDonorContributorFF
« Reply #14 on: January 03, 2012, 03:34:00 pm »
People eat cougars? For reals?

Lots of people eat cougar, though, I would say the majority that do are younger males. :leg:
I'm An and I Drive A

Questions, Concerns, Comments? Contact DOF Administrators
DodgeOwnerForums.com is not affiliated with Chrysler Group, LLC or Cummins, Inc