270799 Posts in 19739 Topics - by 1830 Members - Latest Member: Simplesimon

Hello Guest
Show unread posts since last visit.
Show new replies to your posts.

Author Topic: Eastern Sports and Outdoor Show  (Read 4109 times)

Offline Verrucktwolf

• NASCAR Crewmember
  • Awards:
    Donor
Eastern Sports and Outdoor Show
« on: January 11, 2012, 07:10:41 pm »
Anyone here planning on attending this next month?  Kelsey went up with Kristin and I and after nearly 8 hrs of walking we still didn't see the entire show.  They literally have something for everyone that is outdoors related.  Kristin and I are probably going up on Sat the 11th if anyone wants to meet up.

www.easternsportshow.com
2003 Neon SXT, Flowmaster Exhaust, 16" Fittipaldi Flame rims wrapped in Continental ContiProContact tires

Offline Haggret

• Sr Technician
  • Awards:
    Donor
Re: Eastern Sports and Outdoor Show
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2012, 09:34:41 pm »
If you think that complex is big during the Outdoor Show, you should visit the Farm Show there in January when dealers bring in the big tractors, combines and such.  When I was there a couple of years ago, I did notice that they used a lot more of the complex than past years.  For the Farm Show they us every square inch of that place.

Offline Southern Belle

• Lounge Moderator
  • Master Technician
  • Awards:
    DonorLay'n LowHigh Mile
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2012, 02:51:59 am »
Wish I could but we'll be at opryland for the NWTF show :)

_(O|||||||O)_

Sometimes the one you think is your knight in shining armour turns out to be a retard in tin foil.

Offline Verrucktwolf

• NASCAR Crewmember
  • Awards:
    Donor
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2012, 02:02:57 pm »
Haggard, they expanded the show last year and there wasn't much empty space.  They've supposedly added like 300 new vendors this year (don't know who isn't showing this year, but Benelli is one of the new ones :drool: ).
2003 Neon SXT, Flowmaster Exhaust, 16" Fittipaldi Flame rims wrapped in Continental ContiProContact tires

Offline pctgreg

• Sr Technician
  • Awards:
    donorContributor
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2012, 02:37:31 pm »
:(  I'm already scheduled to head down to VA that weekend.  Im kinda half tempted to take the class to get the utah ccw permit (recognized by more states than my pa one).  Biggest one for me would be DE.  Just need to justify if 85 for class (includes show admission), 65 for application is worth it to me.  If i decide yes, im going to have to head up this weekend.  I got some thinking to do...

You could always do it and carry everywhere around your state :P

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk
01 1500 4x4

Offline Verrucktwolf

• NASCAR Crewmember
  • Awards:
    Donor
« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2012, 01:39:32 pm »
I thought about taking the class last year, but I didn't trust Kelsey and Kristin to walk around on their own without draining the bank account while I was in class.  If the National Right-To Carry Bill passes the Senate, then I'll take that class for sure (if there's room lol).  But it's nice to just go and walk around and see all the new gear and gadgets available. 

Offline pctgreg

• Sr Technician
  • Awards:
    donorContributor
Re: Re: Eastern Sports and Outdoor Show
« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2012, 03:27:27 pm »
I thought about taking the class last year, but I didn't trust Kelsey and Kristin to walk around on their own without draining the bank account while I was in class.  If the National Right-To Carry Bill passes the Senate, then I'll take that class for sure (if there's room lol).  But it's nice to just go and walk around and see all the new gear and gadgets available.

If i read it correctly, the bill still won't help you with your home state.

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/politics/2011/11/houses-passes-bill-making-concealed-carry-permits-valid-across-state-lines/

01 1500 4x4

Offline FroneDaddy

• Shade Tree Certified
  • NASCAR Crew Chief
  • Awards:
    MileHighShade TreeDonorContributorFF
« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2012, 05:47:15 pm »
And the show begins...we just had a shooting at the Farm Show Complex, one of the vendors for tomorrows show shot his wife and barricaded himself in his trailer.
I'm An and I Drive A

Offline pctgreg

• Sr Technician
  • Awards:
    donorContributor
Re: Re: Eastern Sports and Outdoor Show
« Reply #8 on: February 05, 2012, 06:14:24 am »
And the show begins...we just had a shooting at the Farm Show Complex, one of the vendors for tomorrows show shot his wife and barricaded himself in his trailer.

Lol yeah i heard about that today.  I've been on the fence about going.... but woke up today and said i'm gonna go.  First impression as i walked in the door...."Damn!"  Couldn't believe how much was packed in the place.  I did sign up for the Utah permit class, and was glad i did.  The instructors had a sense of humor, which always earns points with me.  Phil and Jason (both are brothers) both taught the class.  They both are attorney's and know their stuff.  I certainly would recommend their class.  They teach all over.

I do have a couple pics... but nothing worth while.  Most of the time was class, and the rest i was trying to take in as fast as i could.

01 1500 4x4

Offline pctgreg

• Sr Technician
  • Awards:
    donorContributor
« Reply #9 on: February 06, 2012, 05:15:00 am »
Finally got around to uploading the pic's.  We parked over at the HACC parking, and took the bus over.  Came in the fishing side.  Here is the layout for those who haven't been here before.

http://www.mapyourshow.com/shows/index.cfm?SHOW_ID=ess12&alt_entry=true&curr_pri=facility&curr_sec=OO

Here was BD Diesel's stand

And here was my future <strike>4 wheeler</strike>  4 tracker lol
« Last Edit: February 06, 2012, 05:20:05 am by pctgreg »
01 1500 4x4

Offline Verrucktwolf

• NASCAR Crewmember
  • Awards:
    Donor
« Reply #10 on: February 06, 2012, 01:22:26 pm »
Damnit, I'm not gonna be able to make it this year.  I have an infection in my right foot and if I'm on it for more then an hour it swells up to the size of a snow shoe.  Gonna have to look into taking the Utah class next year though. 

Offline pctgreg

• Sr Technician
  • Awards:
    donorContributor
« Reply #11 on: February 06, 2012, 01:27:11 pm »
Sorry to hear that David :(.  Hope your back on your feet soon.  Fwiw, they offer the class at cabelas in april, or like you said next year.

01 1500 4x4

Offline Verrucktwolf

• NASCAR Crewmember
  • Awards:
    Donor
« Reply #12 on: February 07, 2012, 02:57:00 pm »
Fwiw, they offer the class at cabelas in april

SWEET, another excuse to go to Cabelas!!!! (Like I even need an excuse to go up there :lol: , Kristin actually asked me the other day when we were going up next.)

Offline tnram2500

• Sr Technician
  • Awards:
    rotmdonorArmy
« Reply #13 on: February 07, 2012, 04:01:25 pm »
Fwiw, they offer the class at cabelas in april

SWEET, another excuse to go to Cabelas!!!! (Like I even need an excuse to go up there :lol: , Kristin actually asked me the other day when we were going up next.)

was up there the day after Christmas, spent a couple of hours in the gun dept alone, good thing I was from out of state or it could have been bad  :$: :$:
04.5 275/70/18 bfg's. chrome mb offroad wheels. isspro boost egt tranny gauges, fogzilla, dynatrac ball joints, uerethane bushings, Banks air intake, bilsteins, MBRP Cool Duals

Questions, Concerns, Comments? Contact DOF Administrators
DodgeOwnerForums.com is not affiliated with Chrysler Group, LLC or Cummins, Inc