270799 Posts in 19739 Topics - by 1829 Members - Latest Member: Simplesimon

Hello Guest
Show unread posts since last visit.
Show new replies to your posts.

Author Topic: How are the Journeys Holding up?  (Read 2693 times)

Offline NickBeek

• Mechanical God!!!
  • Awards:
    Donor150k400 HPContributor
How are the Journeys Holding up?
« on: January 15, 2012, 05:55:34 pm »
My Mom has become interested in the new Journey. She asked me to see what I can find out about how they are. Any owners please chime in and share your experience. Dave and Chris, any experience from the dealer side will be appreciated as well.
2014 Ram 2500 Laramie, 4x4, 3.42 gears. Auto Trans, Crew cab, long bed. Window Visors, trifold bed cover.

Offline Tom Courtright

• Dakota Section Moderator
  • NASCAR Crew Chief
  • You can find me in the chatroom
  • Awards:
    Layed OutMile HighDonorShade Tree CertContributor
Re: How are the Journeys Holding up?
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2012, 06:58:26 pm »
all i know is that our customer drives an R/T Journey, and he drives the hell out of it, spends more time in his car running around to visit customers and look at trailers and going to auctions and this and that all over, hes not had any problems and is very happy with it, he also washes it regularly and gets it detailed once a month,even though its black i swear ive never seen it qualify as dirty

it aint low till it scars asphalt

Go Stupid Or Go Home

Offline DBLR

• Master Technician
  • Awards:
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2012, 08:13:49 pm »
We really enjoyed our 2010 Journey SXT, it handled well on snow covered roads, very comfy to drive on long trips,  over all a very nice vehicle that the Wife loved, that is until I did 2 back to back UOA's and saw high amounts of aluminum so I went and traded it off for a new 2011 Caravan RT  Oh the one time did see a Dodge dealer it was just after we bought it and that was  to take care of a vibration problem the selling dealer failed to take care of,  it was taken care of without any problems or BS.
2006 QC SB 4x4 3.73 Nerf Bars,
2011 Dodge Grand Caravan RT,

Offline NickBeek

• Mechanical God!!!
  • Awards:
How are the Journeys Holding up?
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2012, 11:22:03 pm »
Thanks. Snow covered roads are a concern for Mom. She is in the mountains of PA!
2014 Ram 2500 Laramie, 4x4, 3.42 gears. Auto Trans, Crew cab, long bed. Window Visors, trifold bed cover.

Offline DBLR

• Master Technician
  • Awards:
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2012, 05:38:56 pm »
Oh another thing I liked about the Journey was the 6 speed auto trans was the fact it was auto stick, if need be you could shift it through the gears like a it was a manual transmission.  Both the wife and I were surprised how well the factory Kumho tires it came with did in the snow. BTW don't get one with the 4 cylinder engine they are way under powered, also the V6 in the summer on the Hwy would get 25-27 mpg with 89 octane gas, it the recommend gas to be used for best mpg and power.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2012, 05:42:38 pm by DBLR »
2006 QC SB 4x4 3.73 Nerf Bars,
2011 Dodge Grand Caravan RT,

Offline Verrucktwolf

• NASCAR Crewmember
  • Awards:
    Donor
« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2012, 02:26:08 pm »
Nick, I'll check with one of my father's friends as they have a 2010 SXT Journey.  But as far as I know, they really enjoy it as most of the times I see them, they are driving it instead of their '09 Caliber.
2003 Neon SXT, Flowmaster Exhaust, 16" Fittipaldi Flame rims wrapped in Continental ContiProContact tires

Offline ROCKITV8

• Awards:
« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2012, 10:17:39 pm »
We have a 2011 and LOVE IT !!!!!! We are in Ohio close to Pa. and it is great in the snow.
I have many unforgettable times....I can't remember.

Edge Juice W/Attitude, Banks Ram Air Kit W/Super Sucker, Banks HIGH RAM intake W/boost tube, Air Dog 150, 5" Diamond Eye exhaust from turbo back no cat.
Goerend (Triple Disc Torque Conv., valve body, and Billet Input Shaft)

Offline NickBeek

• Mechanical God!!!
  • Awards:
« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2012, 03:16:58 am »
Thanks for the feedback everyone.

Questions, Concerns, Comments? Contact DOF Administrators
DodgeOwnerForums.com is not affiliated with Chrysler Group, LLC or Cummins, Inc