270799 Posts in 19739 Topics - by 1829 Members - Latest Member: Simplesimon

Hello Guest
Show unread posts since last visit.
Show new replies to your posts.

Author Topic: Unfortunate first post...  (Read 1998 times)

Offline FortyFive

• Awards:
Unfortunate first post...
« on: May 10, 2012, 07:07:23 pm »
I love my 2012 Blacktop... she's quick, fast, and loaded. Handles better than the R/Ts. Elegantly evil. Unfortunately, I had issues with my dealer (Wilson Dodge in Winnsboro, SC). Minor paint issues on delivery, they assured me a buff would fix it. First buff didn't get it all out. Second buff resulted in the damage you see in the pictures. They refuse to do anything about it. Since it's a warranty issue, Dodge got involved. The Dodge Regional Corprate rep ("Doug" is the only name they'd give me) declared the buff marks "Commercially Acceptable". By the way, he has NEVER spoken to me, and I don't think he's even seen the car. I sent photos to Corporate, and the customer service guy agreed with me, as well as his supervisor. Next thing I know, I get a call from a NEW CS rep saying the original rep and supervisor had been removed from the case, and that she ("Kat") was taking over. She then said the Rep had closed the case and there was nothing further to be done, nor was there anyone else for me to speak to. I have about 80 pics of the damage all over the car (original paint issues were only in two areas)

I hate having to sue... it's distateful, and shouldn't be necessary. Does ANYONE know how to get around the Regional Rep and get someone at Dodge to listen?

Offline 06redram

• Courtesy Driver
  • Dzzlpwr CUMMINS
  • Awards:
Unfortunate first post...
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2012, 08:59:47 pm »
I am going through the same thing with Petco with their shop cart rolling the parking lot that on a hill. They say that they are not liable for the damage. I am going to file docs in at small claims court. Here are pics

« Last Edit: May 10, 2012, 09:03:15 pm by 06redram »

Offline Mitch

• Mechanical God!!!
  • Awards:
    500ROTMDonorContributorArmy
Re: Unfortunate first post...
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2012, 09:12:14 pm »
This sounds like a thread for Super Dave aka Parts/Service.
2022 2500 Laramie CCLB, 6.7 CTD, stock
57 Chevy 3200 pickup, 12V swap
1985 Jeep CJ10A former Tug- Dana 60, 6cyl Nissan diesel
2020 Mahindra Roxor, Dana 60s F/R, Ag tires

Offline Lobster

• Master Technician
  • Your truck is almost as cool as my MINI Cooper S!
  • Awards:
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2012, 03:03:32 am »
I am going through the same thing with Petco with their shop cart rolling the parking lot that on a hill. They say that they are not liable for the damage. I am going to file docs in at small claims court. Here are pics

Here is where Petco might be correct- If the Petco is in a plaza that has multiple businesses that use the lot then how can you blame Petco (regardless of if the parking is right in front of them, if there are other businesses there then they will be just as liable). So at that point you might have to go to the city/county to get it fixed.

I had a problem with the neighborhood I used to live in in NC. There were two different stop bars that didn't aligned with the stop sign (one was quite a few feet behind the sign and the other was just in front of the sign). I stopped at the bars (per Florida law, which is where I am originally from) but didn't make a complete stop at the sign because my view of the road/traffic was obscured by a sign and some bushes/trees. I got a ticket from a cop for not stopping at the sign and I had to have a lawyer take pictures to court to get the charges dropped. the pics were taken to the town hall or whatever to fix the problem
Why yes, I do drive a 2009 MINI Cooper S.

I am definitely a Smidget**

**A cute, small midget

Offline aka_chewy

• NASCAR Crewmember
  • Awards:
    Donor
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2012, 06:18:29 pm »
Man, that sucks.  As Mitch said, Super Dave works at a Dodge dealership and might have some insight.  Good luck with it.

Offline RoaminGnome

• Master Technician
  • Chrome hating gnome!
  • Awards:
    High Mile
« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2012, 09:52:22 pm »
Petco is probably not going to do anything. Id go after the owner of the plaza as it is usually their responsibility for the lot itself. Coming form someone that has to deal with that crap now...

The only exception would be on their part of the sidewalk or any where else that is for Petco's use only.

As for the Dodge issue I got nothing  :blank:
:fwin: <--- just says i all :D

Questions, Concerns, Comments? Contact DOF Administrators
DodgeOwnerForums.com is not affiliated with Chrysler Group, LLC or Cummins, Inc