270799 Posts in 19739 Topics - by 1829 Members - Latest Member: Simplesimon

Hello Guest
Show unread posts since last visit.
Show new replies to your posts.

Author Topic: Some upgrades to my 'ol-Blue' 99 Ram  (Read 881 times)

Offline JohnM

• Awards:
Some upgrades to my 'ol-Blue' 99 Ram
« on: June 14, 2012, 07:24:40 pm »

360 now has Hughes FI airgap intake, & a 900cfm throttle body, Magnaflow 3”crosspipe w/highflow Cat, JBA 3” cat-back single exhaust (helps with the mounts for the camper & tow bar).
Also replaced the power steering pump/resv and all the hoses, filled with Royal Purple fliud.

Last week I upgraded to ProComp ES9000 shocks and steering stabilizer, and a PSC steering stabilizer frame brace, front sway bar poly bush & end links, and a Hellwig rear sway bar. Still have to figure out the right setting for it, instuctions are really poor.

Next week: (if all the parts come in)
Brakes: I will be upgrading the front brakes to EBC 6000 pads, Summit drilled & slotted rotors, rebuilt calipers, & new bearings. In the rear: Raybestos bonded shoes, resurface the drums, new cylinders, & all new springs. New SS brake lines to replace the worn out rubber hoses, and of course, flush and refill the brake system with new dot 5 fluid. At the same time I HOPE to be able to flush and fill both diff’s with RP as well, if not, soon.

Engine: Hopefully I will have time to install the new FuelSmart engine regulator, makes the 360 into a MDS type engine like the newer trucks. (mileage increase!)
Electric fan conversion; already got a Derale wire kit, and picked up 2 electric fans off a 2 95’ Taurus’ to fit in the fan shroud. (hp & mileage)

I only get 1 day every 2 weeks to work on the truck, and it seems like all the house stuff has to get done on the same day :(

Questions, Concerns, Comments? Contact DOF Administrators
DodgeOwnerForums.com is not affiliated with Chrysler Group, LLC or Cummins, Inc