270799 Posts in 19739 Topics - by 1829 Members - Latest Member: Simplesimon

Hello Guest
Show unread posts since last visit.
Show new replies to your posts.

Author Topic: Looking for opinnion on PullRite TT hitches  (Read 2519 times)

Offline Anozira

• Awards:
Looking for opinnion on PullRite TT hitches
« on: August 18, 2012, 10:55:41 pm »
Getting a TT, North Trail/Heartland 26RLss (is not a 5th wheel) and we are considering the type of hitch.  Presently looking at the PullRite TT and the Hensely Arrow.  Anyone have an opinion about these two brands and TT (not 5th wheel hitches)?  Such as what have you heard?  Your experience with them?  Thanks

Offline NickBeek

• Mechanical God!!!
  • Awards:
    Donor150k400 HPContributor
Looking for opinnion on PullRite TT hitches
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2012, 12:45:42 am »
Everyone I've ever spoken to that had an Arrow has loved them. It looks like a little overkill to me, but they have a great reputation for making towing a TT very stable.

I personally run a reese weight distributing hitch that has the cradles and matching cams on the weight bars instead of just the chains. My camper seems plenty stable with my truck. I'm pulling a Pilgrim 28BKSS.
2014 Ram 2500 Laramie, 4x4, 3.42 gears. Auto Trans, Crew cab, long bed. Window Visors, trifold bed cover.

Offline Jims1dodge

• NASCAR Crewmember
  • Awards:
    Heavy Haulerdonor100k
Re: Looking for opinnion on PullRite TT hitches
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2012, 01:37:18 am »
Other family of mine pull their Airstream with the Reese Dual Cam setup.  I driven it several hundred miles and the ride was good.  They tow with a Suburban.
Pullrite makes a good line of products I tow with their Superglide.
You can't fix stupid

~When I was a boy I was told that anybody could become President. Now I’m beginning to believe it

Offline kenz

• Michigan Historian
  • Sportsman Moderator
  • NASCAR Crew Chief
  • Coming to a state near you
  • Awards:
    100KContributing MemberDonor
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2012, 04:58:13 am »
Any good quality weight distributing hitch will work with that trailer. As for the Hensley and Pull Rite hitches, they both have been around a long time, the Pull Rite in one form or another for over 50 years.  Although two very different designs, both types have been around a lot of years and even though they are expensive, they do exactly what they claim to do, especially with the larger, heavier trailers. I've never talked to an owner of either one that wasn't very happy with there hitch.

And welcome! Post pics of the new home on wheels when you get it home.  :up:
« Last Edit: August 19, 2012, 05:00:57 am by kenz »

2005 QC Dually 2wd CTD 6-spd. SRT-6, AEM Brute Force intake, Smarty Sr., D.O.F. shift knob, 5" to dual side exit 4" exhaust, Quad Scout, road kill kat, 2011 Coachmen North Ridge fifth wheel

I MAY BE OLD, BUT I GOT TO SEE ALL THE GOOD BANDS.....

Offline Smitty

• Service Manager
  • Awards:
    100KDonorUSAF
« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2012, 12:01:32 am »
One of the forum members has the one of the mentioned hitches...not sure which. In another post he mentioned he liked his. Had a flat on his trailer while driving and never knew it. That was how stable it kept his TT.

I think it has to do a lot with what your tow rig is. When I first got my Ram I was towing a 24' TT and never had the need for the sway bars. Only used the weight distribution bars on long trips...more as a precautionary than need. 
2017 Ram 2500 Big Horn 4x4, 6.7 CTD
2016 Heritage Glen 272RLS

Questions, Concerns, Comments? Contact DOF Administrators
DodgeOwnerForums.com is not affiliated with Chrysler Group, LLC or Cummins, Inc