270799 Posts in 19739 Topics - by 1830 Members - Latest Member: Simplesimon

Hello Guest
Show unread posts since last visit.
Show new replies to your posts.

Author Topic: Repair price on front end?  (Read 1123 times)

Offline NickC

• Mechanical God!!!
  • V-neck pimp daddy
  • Awards:
    100kHeavyrotm400Donor
Repair price on front end?
« on: January 12, 2013, 05:18:49 pm »
I dont really see much people on here asking about prices on things... but i figured id give it a go and see where it goes.

I just had my truck in the shop for something and i told them to check the front end out to see if there was anything that needed to be done. They told me that all 4 ball joints and the pitman arm were on their way out and that i should probably fix it before my work season starts being that its a very important truck for the company. He said a ball park of $775 should do everything with the better American parts installed. Does that sound like a fair deal to those of you who are in the "know" as far as trust repairs go?

Its a shop that my brothers buddy's dad owns. They sound very legit and honest, but for some reason... even with hearing great things about a company, im always skeptical about auto shops and repairs.

Your thoughts?!

05 2500 AUTO 4X4 4:10 LARAMIE CTD-CAT/SILENCER RING?, AERO 4040XL, SMARTY, XM RADIO, RECON CAB LIGHTS, CUP SMOOTHIE, QUAD COMMANDER, CFM+ MANIFOLD, S&B INTAKE, FOX WEATHER BOOTS

Offline bikemancs

• NASCAR Crew Chief
  • Awards:
    100krotmDonorArmy
Re: Repair price on front end?
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2013, 08:20:09 pm »
I paid about $1800 for all four front ball joints plus U joints, including all parts and labor. also rotated the tires at the same time...

MAG-Tech Transmission Pan and Diff Covers, Isspro Gauges, UWS Tool box, Magnaflow 5" Exhaust, AFe Intake, Mopar Heated Seats

Offline NickC

• Mechanical God!!!
  • V-neck pimp daddy
  • Awards:
    100kHeavyrotm400Donor
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2013, 09:18:54 pm »
I had my u-joints done a year or 2 ago.

I gotta find the receipt to see what i paid but it sounds like its a ball park price that im working with.

That shyt's not cheap!  :eek:

Thanks! :up:

05 2500 AUTO 4X4 4:10 LARAMIE CTD-CAT/SILENCER RING?, AERO 4040XL, SMARTY, XM RADIO, RECON CAB LIGHTS, CUP SMOOTHIE, QUAD COMMANDER, CFM+ MANIFOLD, S&B INTAKE, FOX WEATHER BOOTS

Offline Jims1dodge

• NASCAR Crewmember
  • Awards:
    Heavy Haulerdonor100k
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2013, 10:08:20 pm »
Consider doing the '08 steering upgrade as well.  Parts are around 250-300.  It gives you a whole lot better steering geometry.
Ask the shop the price for installing Dynatracs instead of what they normally use.  They are rebuildable and greaseable.
You can't fix stupid

~When I was a boy I was told that anybody could become President. Now I’m beginning to believe it

Offline ERT

• Tech Certified
  • Sr Technician
  • Awards:
    200KROTMTech Certified
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2013, 02:39:18 am »
Sounds pretty cheap to me. I would find out what parts they are using.

Also, as Jim stated, look into the steering linkage upgrade.

Offline NickC

• Mechanical God!!!
  • V-neck pimp daddy
  • Awards:
    100kHeavyrotm400Donor
« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2013, 08:35:46 pm »
If the steering linkage was a recall a while back... ive already had it done. Ill have to check.

As far as the price... everyone i know that goes there says how cheap they do things for. He's an honest guy that owns it- they tell me that he wont even gouge the crack heads that come in! Haha! Its in an area thats more likely to inhabit crack head types... lol

Im gonna wait a month and go in for the work. Ill probably call another shop to cross check the price, but hopefully its a solid one and stands up to others.

Money goes, guys! Around every corner... its going...  :$:

Questions, Concerns, Comments? Contact DOF Administrators
DodgeOwnerForums.com is not affiliated with Chrysler Group, LLC or Cummins, Inc