270799 Posts in 19739 Topics - by 1829 Members - Latest Member: Simplesimon

Hello Guest
Show unread posts since last visit.
Show new replies to your posts.

Author Topic: Truck died no codes  (Read 1177 times)

Offline bigoilwhore

• Oil Changer
  • Awards:
    Mile High
Truck died no codes
« on: February 07, 2013, 06:33:03 am »
This truck is killing me  :banging: I just got done putting a southbend dual disk in it.....not cheap and now this. The last time this happened it was injectors and a huge bill. The guy at the local shop is suspecting that it is the cp3 pump.  IF it was the cp3 pump im assuming that it will have taken out the injectors too. Just wondering if there could be anything else that may cause this. It turns over fine just no fire in the fire box.
When it happened I accelerated hard let out of the fuel and it died....... No warning just done. Lucky I was going down a hill at the time so didnt have to push it hahaha. Whatever after a tow home and some time to cool off i decided not to burn it. Now I need to get it to the shop to find out what the damages are.
Nitrous is like a hot girl with STDs. You wanna hit it, but your afraid of the consequences.

03, 3500, 6spd, Southbend Dual disc, afe stage 1, 5in exhaust, Aurora 4000, leveling kit, and 35-12.5-17 Toyo's and smarty, Airdog 150, Isspro EV2 Boost and EGT on steering column, 75HP DDP nozzels

Offline Cumminalong

• Master of Destruction - Breaker of performance parts
  • Official DOF Vendor
  • Mechanical God!!!
  • The BOMB'r
  • Awards:
    1100ROTYMember of the Year1 Tech
Re: Truck died no codes
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2013, 11:42:41 am »
First thing I'd check is the relief valve on the fuel rail. You said you got on it hard and then it died, so I'm betting what happened is you popped the relief valve and now it's not seated correctly and you're not making any rail pressure, it's all going into the return circuit.

Offline bigoilwhore

• Oil Changer
  • Awards:
    Mile High
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2013, 01:19:49 pm »
This looks to be pretty eay to get to. Maybe a gentle tap could help it remember what its job is. Ill look at it when i get up tomorrow.
Thanks
Nitrous is like a hot girl with STDs. You wanna hit it, but your afraid of the consequences.

03, 3500, 6spd, Southbend Dual disc, afe stage 1, 5in exhaust, Aurora 4000, leveling kit, and 35-12.5-17 Toyo's and smarty, Airdog 150, Isspro EV2 Boost and EGT on steering column, 75HP DDP nozzels

Offline bigoilwhore

• Oil Changer
  • Awards:
    Mile High
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2013, 10:53:51 pm »
So i loosened up the banjo bolt and there is fuel there so I guess I am going take that as a pressure relief valve for now. If the relief valve was working properly there wouldn't be fuel there would there?
Thanks I will start with replacing that them see what happens.

Offline Cumminalong

• Official DOF Vendor
  • Mechanical God!!!
  • The BOMB'r
  • Awards:
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2013, 11:14:55 pm »
So i loosened up the banjo bolt and there is fuel there so I guess I am going take that as a pressure relief valve for now. If the relief valve was working properly there wouldn't be fuel there would there?
Thanks I will start with replacing that them see what happens.

There will always be fuel in the rail, unless the pumpcwas completely dead and it say long enough for it all to evaporate.

Just take the relief valve and smack it a few times GENTLY with a SMALL hammer and see if it'll reseat. Put it back inmNd try to start it. If it starts, you know that's the issue and then it's time to replace the valve a it's probably shot.

Offline bigoilwhore

• Oil Changer
  • Awards:
    Mile High
« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2013, 11:22:41 pm »
Ok thanks ill pull it out

Offline bigoilwhore

• Oil Changer
  • Awards:
    Mile High
« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2013, 11:49:13 pm »
U my friend saved me a crap load of money ! Its alive!  Now can u sell me a prv?  ROFL
BIG THANKS TO YOU

Offline Cumminalong

• Official DOF Vendor
  • Mechanical God!!!
  • The BOMB'r
  • Awards:
« Reply #7 on: February 08, 2013, 01:00:31 am »
No problem at all. Always try the cheap fixes first.

If you need one, your best bet is call directly to Cummins with your engine serial number.

I can certainly get you one, but I don't have any sitting here.

Questions, Concerns, Comments? Contact DOF Administrators
DodgeOwnerForums.com is not affiliated with Chrysler Group, LLC or Cummins, Inc