270799 Posts in 19739 Topics - by 1829 Members - Latest Member: Simplesimon

Hello Guest
Show unread posts since last visit.
Show new replies to your posts.

Author Topic: Ammunition Is Really Getting Scarce...  (Read 3211 times)

Offline Smitty

• Service Manager
  • Awards:
    100KDonorUSAF
Ammunition Is Really Getting Scarce...
« on: March 19, 2013, 10:40:35 pm »
Saturday morning I lucked out and was able to buy several cases of ammo.  On the way home, I stopped at the gas station where a drop-dead gorgeous blonde was filling up her car at the next pump.  She looked at the ammo in the back of my truck and said to me in a very sexy voice, "I'm a real believer in bartering, big boy."  "Would you be interested in trading sex for ammo?"

I thought a few seconds and asked her, "What kinda ammo ya got?"
2017 Ram 2500 Big Horn 4x4, 6.7 CTD
2016 Heritage Glen 272RLS

Offline NickC

• Mechanical God!!!
  • V-neck pimp daddy
  • Awards:
    100kHeavyrotm400Donor
Re: Ammunition Is Really Getting Scarce...
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2013, 11:23:55 pm »
 :lol: :lol:

05 2500 AUTO 4X4 4:10 LARAMIE CTD-CAT/SILENCER RING?, AERO 4040XL, SMARTY, XM RADIO, RECON CAB LIGHTS, CUP SMOOTHIE, QUAD COMMANDER, CFM+ MANIFOLD, S&B INTAKE, FOX WEATHER BOOTS

Offline Jims1dodge

• NASCAR Crewmember
  • Awards:
    Heavy Haulerdonor100k
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2013, 11:31:14 pm »
 :lol:
You can't fix stupid

~When I was a boy I was told that anybody could become President. Now I’m beginning to believe it

Offline BigRedFireTruck

• Master Technician
  • Laughing my Balls off
  • Awards:
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2013, 03:36:20 pm »
 :clap: you go boy. 
Ammo is easy for me to get.  I bought at the right time. I'm a hoarder I will confess
I hit up Walmart bass pro and cabela's at the right time.  Walmart is Thursday 5pm, bass pro keeps a them behind counter  hidden and cabela's puts out 10 boxes and you have to ask for 5 or 10
It's funny when you see someone at bass pro and then again at Walmart and they ask if your going to war    So I buy 20 boxes of ammo. I have 20 different calibers not really 20 but it feels like it to the wallet and checking account :-(
RED 2004.5 dodge Ram 3500 qc long bed CTD

Offline Haggret

• Sr Technician
  • Awards:
    Donor
« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2013, 10:21:24 pm »
Ammo in this part of the country is getting very difficult to find.  Everybody is sold out.  And when somebody (Dick's, Bass Pro, etc) gets something in, it doesn't take long before word gets out and it is bought up.  I heard that Dick's in my area had just received a shipment of 22 long.  When I got there about an hour later they were already sold out.  It is crazy...

Offline BigRiver

• The Patriot Missile
  • NASCAR Crew Chief
  • Awards:
    100k600 HPROTMDonation
« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2013, 02:26:16 pm »
In the last few weeks, I've been to a local Academy Sports and a Cabelas. I've noticed at both stores that the inventory of ammo has increased somewhat. Not to the levels of a year ago or so, but definitely more on the shelves.

Hope that this is a trend for the better.

Plain Jane Stock (for now)

Offline RoaminGnome

• Master Technician
  • Chrome hating gnome!
  • Awards:
    High Mile
« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2013, 03:45:41 pm »
I have been finding web sites that are back in stock as well. Its mostly the common calibers that are coming back and in the common grain and bullet types but it is good news.

And for some reason `12ga is coming in and staying in stock at a LOT of places... Just seems like to popular of a choice to stay in stock :lol:
:fwin: <--- just says i all :D

Offline Haggret

• Sr Technician
  • Awards:
    Donor
« Reply #7 on: July 23, 2013, 05:40:19 pm »
I've noticed stocks coming back in this part of the country as well.  I was in Bass Pro the other night and I noticed that their shelves of pistol rounds were about half stocked (10mm, 40 S&W, 5.56, 22 Long, but still no 9mm).  Their pistol cabinet even looked like it was starting to show signs of life.  It looked like they just had a new shipment of Berretta's and Ruger's.  The waiting periods still haven't gotten any better though.  If anything it has gotten worse (12 weeks and still counting).

Offline kenz

• Michigan Historian
  • NASCAR Crew Chief
  • Coming to a state near you
  • Awards:
    100KContributing MemberDonor
« Reply #8 on: July 24, 2013, 01:00:55 pm »
I've noticed too up here pretty much everything is available. 40, 9mm, 357, 38, 223, etc. Pretty much the only one still hard to get is 22 LR. Also pretty much everyone has AR's on the shelf again, and gun display cases are filled back up. The only thing that hasn't come back to normal is the prices...  :pout:

2005 QC Dually 2wd CTD 6-spd. SRT-6, AEM Brute Force intake, Smarty Sr., D.O.F. shift knob, 5" to dual side exit 4" exhaust, Quad Scout, road kill kat, 2011 Coachmen North Ridge fifth wheel

I MAY BE OLD, BUT I GOT TO SEE ALL THE GOOD BANDS.....

Offline Southern Belle

• Lounge Moderator
  • Master Technician
  • Awards:
    DonorLay'n LowHigh Mile
« Reply #9 on: July 25, 2013, 02:52:22 am »
One of the guys at the gun shop said he worked for Walmart DC and they were finally told not to hold the ammo anymore that it goes straight on the truck when it comes in. He said that many of the other DCs are now stating the same thing. We found a bunch of .22LR but not for a pretty price :(

_(O|||||||O)_

Sometimes the one you think is your knight in shining armour turns out to be a retard in tin foil.

Offline Verrucktwolf

• NASCAR Crewmember
  • Awards:
    Donor
« Reply #10 on: September 30, 2013, 03:00:11 pm »
I finally lucked out and got a box of .40 S&W to try out my Taurus.  I've had the thing since June and haven't been able to shoot it yet as I haven't been able to find ammo.  Hopefully gonna hit the range tomorrow after work and get some much needed trigger time.  But I've been noticing the shelves not looking as bare as they did a few months ago in nearly all calibers. 
2003 Neon SXT, Flowmaster Exhaust, 16" Fittipaldi Flame rims wrapped in Continental ContiProContact tires

Offline kenz

• Michigan Historian
  • NASCAR Crew Chief
  • Coming to a state near you
  • Awards:
    100KContributing MemberDonor
« Reply #11 on: October 01, 2013, 12:38:56 am »
I'm thinking that what's available had a lot to do with what part of the country you are in. .223 and .22lr were unavailable pretty much country wide, but here I could always find .40, .357, .44, and with a little leg work 9mm. Currently .22lr is starting to show up and actually stay on the shelf for a day or 2. But it's the beginning of the fall hunting seasons, so I suspect supplies will dry up a little until about Christmas.

2005 QC Dually 2wd CTD 6-spd. SRT-6, AEM Brute Force intake, Smarty Sr., D.O.F. shift knob, 5" to dual side exit 4" exhaust, Quad Scout, road kill kat, 2011 Coachmen North Ridge fifth wheel

I MAY BE OLD, BUT I GOT TO SEE ALL THE GOOD BANDS.....

Questions, Concerns, Comments? Contact DOF Administrators
DodgeOwnerForums.com is not affiliated with Chrysler Group, LLC or Cummins, Inc