270799 Posts in 19739 Topics - by 1829 Members - Latest Member: Simplesimon

Hello Guest
Show unread posts since last visit.
Show new replies to your posts.

Author Topic: Built in GPS  (Read 1824 times)

Offline flyinphil

• Awards:
Built in GPS
« on: April 08, 2015, 04:26:10 pm »
2013 1500 Longhorn with 32000 kms.   I have a beef with Dodge/Ram and maybe you all need to take this up with your dealers.  My GPS map data in my truck is from early 2012!  I have contacted Navigation.com as well as Chrysler Canada about this and have gotten no satisfaction from either.   I got emails from Navigation.com that gps data  updates would come in the spring  of 2014, then the fall of 2014, then the spring of 2015 and now they just refuse to answer emails at all.  You are suppose to be able to download  updates from navigation.com and load them onto a thumb drive and take it out to your truck and install the updates.............

Offline bikemancs

• NASCAR Crew Chief
  • Awards:
    100krotmDonorArmy
Re: Built in GPS
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2015, 02:35:36 am »
Are you really running into an issue? I have 2010 maps loaded in my truck.  I did check the website, and it doesn't provide an update.  the 2012 trucks do have an ability to update... maybe see if it's compatible with yours.

...and of course a 2013 truck has 2012 maps, it was built in 2012.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2015, 02:49:08 am by bikemancs »

MAG-Tech Transmission Pan and Diff Covers, Isspro Gauges, UWS Tool box, Magnaflow 5" Exhaust, AFe Intake, Mopar Heated Seats

Offline flyinphil

• Awards:
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2015, 02:27:40 pm »
I live in Alberta and the two largest cities here have built bypasses around the cities as well as a network of collector roadways and intersections for the bypass.  The residential growth in this province has exploded over the last decade with many many new sub divisions having been built. None of these new roadways show on this "very expensive" option that Ram has decided it doesn't support past the purchase date. Have I ran into issues with it?  Absolutely.  I can go buy a $200 Garmin like I have on my Harley and get map data updates every 3 months for life for free.  You would think when you spend $1000 for that option to be built into the truck you would be able to get updates right?  I think it's  pretty simple concept.

Offline noplugs

• Kung Fu Panda! - closeted conservative
  • Administrator
  • NASCAR Crew Chief
  • This thing has 4 wheel drive?
  • Awards:
    600 HPShade TreeDistinguishedApril ROTMDonor
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2015, 08:54:38 pm »
Yeah, Pretended that My 2006 Ram needed and update and when I checked the Navigation.com site it gave me 2013 as the latest update..

Yeah this is why Ive never liked "built-in" Nav systems, I had heard that updates come out more slowly.

Ill stick with full nav programs on my Iphone/Ipad.

I know that doesnt help you but you may want to think about using a full Nav program on a Phone or tablet. You will probably get updates a lot faster.

659 HP/1287 TQ -- She's BACK!  Yeah,,, nope she's not stock..

Doghouse Diesel Performance rocks

Nothing is exactly as it seems,nor is it otherwise

Offline kenz

• Michigan Historian
  • Sportsman Moderator
  • NASCAR Crew Chief
  • Coming to a state near you
  • Awards:
    100KContributing MemberDonor
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2015, 01:59:47 am »
Hear ya'. Couple years ago I was thinking I should update the nav system in my 2005. Mine uses 2 dvd discs for most of the info along with the GPS. In order to update I need to purchase new DVD's at a cost of $150.  :eek:  Said screw that. Then soon after the CD/DVD player in the radio gave up the ghost. Purchased a Magellen RV GPS last summer, and replacing the radio this summer. Bye Bye factory nav.

2005 QC Dually 2wd CTD 6-spd. SRT-6, AEM Brute Force intake, Smarty Sr., D.O.F. shift knob, 5" to dual side exit 4" exhaust, Quad Scout, road kill kat, 2011 Coachmen North Ridge fifth wheel

I MAY BE OLD, BUT I GOT TO SEE ALL THE GOOD BANDS.....

Questions, Concerns, Comments? Contact DOF Administrators
DodgeOwnerForums.com is not affiliated with Chrysler Group, LLC or Cummins, Inc