270799 Posts in 19739 Topics - by 1829 Members - Latest Member: Simplesimon

Hello Guest
Show unread posts since last visit.
Show new replies to your posts.

Author Topic: Western Caribbean  (Read 2410 times)

Offline Methos

• Slowly going crazy....
  • Administrator
  • NASCAR Crewmember
  • Awards:
    MOTY200K400 HPDonor
Western Caribbean
« on: October 23, 2013, 07:34:20 pm »
Finally getting around to posting some pictures up from vacation.  didja miss me?  :whistling:

Anyway, left Friday the 11th headed toward New Orleans.  Stopped part way for the night and finished heading in Saturday.  Hooked up with Walt and his wife for a few hours.  Was good to see you again Walt and was very nice to finally meet the Mrs.

Now, on to the fun stuff.  We left on the Carnival Conquest on Sunday (the 12th) for a week's trip to the Western Caribbean.

This was home for the next week

Some of you will be observant enough to know that wasn't taken in New Orleans.  I think that one was shot in Cozumel actually.  But, it's the best picture of the ship I have.

And, into the cabin the 3 of us will be staying in for the week.  We were on Deck 1 midship.

The other side of the room.

Later that afternoon we started moving :clap:  View of the Mississippi River as we are turning around to head toward sea.

Took a long time to get off the Mississippi River and into the gulf that night.  We hit the steakhouse that evening onboard and between the fatigue from traveling and the food coma we didn't get much done Sunday night.

Once we woke up the next morning, we had a beautiful view out our window.

The kiddo found a good seat that evening.

Not much to see for the next couple days except water since our first two days were at sea.  But, hey, look... fun on board!

Offline Methos

• Slowly going crazy....
  • Administrator
  • NASCAR Crewmember
  • Awards:
    MOTY200K400 HPDonor
Re: Western Caribbean
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2013, 07:39:16 pm »
Wednesday we woke up and found ourselves at Isla Roatan.  We had a zip line trip planned that day.  I had tried really hard to make the weight restriction, but missed it by a few pounds.  Oh well, the wife and kid had a blast without me :(

This place had 11 different lines they ran totally nearly a mile altogether

He's the yellow dot :lol:

Caught them both in one shot.  One going left one going right

We didn't do too much else there, it was way too hot for us.  Someone said it was over 100* and nearly 90% humidity.  Even the locals were complaining about the heat.  But, there's always time for some pictures.

Offline Methos

• Slowly going crazy....
  • Administrator
  • NASCAR Crewmember
  • Awards:
    MOTY200K400 HPDonor
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2013, 07:43:52 pm »
Thursday we found Belize.  This was a long day, we did the 7 hour excursion to the Mayan ruin site of xunantunich.... don't ask me to pronounce that.

It was 7 hours because it's a 2 hour bus ride both directions.

But the ride was worth it

« Last Edit: October 23, 2013, 07:45:27 pm by Methos »

Offline Methos

• Slowly going crazy....
  • Administrator
  • NASCAR Crewmember
  • Awards:
    MOTY200K400 HPDonor
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2013, 07:50:32 pm »
Friday was spent in Cozumel.  We did a Snuba diving trip, but sadly no pictures from that.  They would only allow certified scuba divers to take pictures so the rest of us had to go without.  Bummer.  Snuba was fun.  The difference between snuba and scuba is you don't carry an airtank.  The tank floats on the surface in a raft and you are tethered by a 20 foot air hose to your regulator.  I had a blast with it. Matthew had trouble equalizing the pressure in his ears so he bobbed along near the surface most of the time but seemed to enjoy it anyway.  Julie on the other hand... well, let's just say she's not going again any time in the foreseeable future.

Some random shots of Cozumel after we got out of the water

Offline Methos

• Slowly going crazy....
  • Administrator
  • NASCAR Crewmember
  • Awards:
    MOTY200K400 HPDonor
« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2013, 07:53:18 pm »
And, Saturday was another at sea day on the way home.  Sadly Sunday we had to get off the ship and head home.  Since work called Monday morning for one of us (hint: not me!) we had to drive it straight through from New Orleans to Indy... .ugh :suicide:

All things totaled, it was a great trip and we had a blast.  On the ride home, Matthew was already starting to chatter about when can we go again and where else do cruise ships go.  So, I'm guessing that means he had a good time :lol:

And now... back to the real work.  :banging:

Offline aka_chewy

• NASCAR Crewmember
  • Awards:
    Donor
« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2013, 08:27:18 pm »
That looks like a great time.  We have some friends who's family is from Belize, looks like a really neat place

Offline Southern Belle

• Lounge Moderator
  • Master Technician
  • Awards:
    DonorLay'n LowHigh Mile
« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2013, 10:22:31 pm »
Very cool

_(O|||||||O)_

Sometimes the one you think is your knight in shining armour turns out to be a retard in tin foil.

Offline lilfroger

• Administrator
  • Mechanical God!!!
  • Not a "god" ... I just talk a lot
  • Awards:
    ROTMDonorARMYMOTY
« Reply #7 on: October 23, 2013, 10:43:11 pm »
I know you were so looking forward to the zip line .. poo poo sorry ... but at least you don't have to try to survive on rabbit food no more :D

Glad to have you back & of course you were missed!!    NOW go get that php upgrade done or something else productive :lol:
Install, Owners, & Service Manuals for many years & makes:
http://www.scribd.com/lilfroger

Offline Jims1dodge

• NASCAR Crewmember
  • Awards:
    Heavy Haulerdonor100k
« Reply #8 on: October 24, 2013, 01:55:51 am »
Going back to work after a vacation like that always sucks.  :fart:
Great Pics, thanks for sharing.  :lol:
You can't fix stupid

~When I was a boy I was told that anybody could become President. Now I’m beginning to believe it

Offline BigRiver

• The Patriot Missile
  • NASCAR Crew Chief
  • Awards:
    100k600 HPROTMDonation
« Reply #9 on: October 24, 2013, 07:51:53 am »
Glad that you, Julie and Matthew had a great time. Anytime away from the regular routine and especially away from work.....is a good thing.
I'm also glad that our schedules allowed some time for June and I to meet up with y'all.
Thanks for sharing the pic's...enjoyed them all......except the one from the river.....makes me think of work! ;D

Plain Jane Stock (for now)

Questions, Concerns, Comments? Contact DOF Administrators
DodgeOwnerForums.com is not affiliated with Chrysler Group, LLC or Cummins, Inc