270799 Posts in 19739 Topics - by 1829 Members - Latest Member: Simplesimon

Hello Guest
Show unread posts since last visit.
Show new replies to your posts.

Author Topic: airdo 150 may have died  (Read 1078 times)

Offline bigoilwhore

• Oil Changer
  • Awards:
    Mile High
airdo 150 may have died
« on: April 11, 2014, 02:21:00 am »
So about 2 months ago i noticed that my airdog seemed abnormally loud. i guess that was the first warning sign. then this morning on my way home from work i noticed the truck lurch or hesitate. then on my way to work today it did it again a few times on my way to work. when i got to work i thought id shut the truck off and see if the pump would run with the ignition on........no pump  :banging: So im guessing that it has gone out on me and the cp3 has been doing all the work  >:( hopefully the little feller can hang in there till i can get it to the shop. i guess ill find out in the morning if the airdog is dead for sure if it doesnt run when i turn the key on
has anyone dealt with airdog on warranty stuff or is it just easier to buy a new pump?

is there a place that a person can just buy the pump? i dont need the rest of the stuff that goes with it just the pump

Nitrous is like a hot girl with STDs. You wanna hit it, but your afraid of the consequences.

03, 3500, 6spd, Southbend Dual disc, afe stage 1, 5in exhaust, Aurora 4000, leveling kit, and 35-12.5-17 Toyo's and smarty, Airdog 150, Isspro EV2 Boost and EGT on steering column, 75HP DDP nozzels

Offline Southern Belle

• Lounge Moderator
  • Master Technician
  • Awards:
    DonorLay'n LowHigh Mile
Re: airdo 150 may have died
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2014, 02:09:54 pm »
If you sent in the warranty card then you should be ok, if not be ready to spend $300 on a new motor easy to install but remember how to do it as you will be doing it again.

_(O|||||||O)_

Sometimes the one you think is your knight in shining armour turns out to be a retard in tin foil.

Offline bigoilwhore

• Oil Changer
  • Awards:
    Mile High
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2014, 11:26:45 pm »
they sent me a new pump.....im assuming....it was 217$ shipped...these seemed to be a problem for the sounds of it huh?  i wonder if i should switch to fass. is there something better?
Nitrous is like a hot girl with STDs. You wanna hit it, but your afraid of the consequences.

03, 3500, 6spd, Southbend Dual disc, afe stage 1, 5in exhaust, Aurora 4000, leveling kit, and 35-12.5-17 Toyo's and smarty, Airdog 150, Isspro EV2 Boost and EGT on steering column, 75HP DDP nozzels

Offline kenz

• Michigan Historian
  • Sportsman Moderator
  • NASCAR Crew Chief
  • Coming to a state near you
  • Awards:
    100KContributing MemberDonor
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2014, 01:39:45 am »
I've only heard of the the 2, Airdog and FASS. Although I see BD Diesel now offers there version of external lift pump. Around $550 with a 5 year 75k warranty. Haven't heard anything but advertisement about them though. A lot of people run both the Airdog and FASS, with most electing the Airdog because it's a little cheaper and a little quieter. Both should be quality pumps, haven't really heard anything bad about either. The plan is to do a few mods this summer time permitting, and a pump is on the check list. Haven't decided on which one yet.

2005 QC Dually 2wd CTD 6-spd. SRT-6, AEM Brute Force intake, Smarty Sr., D.O.F. shift knob, 5" to dual side exit 4" exhaust, Quad Scout, road kill kat, 2011 Coachmen North Ridge fifth wheel

I MAY BE OLD, BUT I GOT TO SEE ALL THE GOOD BANDS.....

Offline bigoilwhore

• Oil Changer
  • Awards:
    Mile High
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2014, 04:45:39 pm »
the pump had been very good and it is....or was very quiet......when i called air dog they were easy to work with but what ever you do make sure you fill the card out for the warranty and send it in  :banging:

Questions, Concerns, Comments? Contact DOF Administrators
DodgeOwnerForums.com is not affiliated with Chrysler Group, LLC or Cummins, Inc