270799 Posts in 19739 Topics - by 1829 Members - Latest Member: Simplesimon

Hello Guest
Show unread posts since last visit.
Show new replies to your posts.

Author Topic: Summer time with the Kid  (Read 1455 times)

Offline lilfroger

• Administrator
  • Mechanical God!!!
  • Not a "god" ... I just talk a lot
  • Awards:
    ROTMDonorARMYMOTY
Summer time with the Kid
« on: July 28, 2014, 02:51:40 pm »
While I'm personally not a big fan of the heat so Summer isn't my favorite season it is a great reason to drag the kid out of the house and do different things.  As we all know anytime I'm out of the house (and to be honest being out of the house is not a pre-req) I've got my camera and people all around me are forced to listen to shutter sounds :D

Took the boy up to the Seattle Aquarium last week; we always do the closer one which is much bigger but this one is pretty unique.  They focus mostly on Puget Sound & have some very interactive displays. 

There is an 'under water viewing area' you're in a dome under the tank.  The tank is up on the pier and as you can see from the rain drops (yes even in July it still rains in Seattle - first rain in almost a month actually) it is an open tank.

so many salmon and me w/o my fish'n pole  :whistling:

Along with all the tide pools they have this cool circle full of jelly fish all lit up. 

Have you ever tried to drag a 14 year old out of bed at 2 am; after they played their new xbox game most of the night?  It's kinda tough  :lol:  But I did make him get in the Dak; where he promptly went back to sleep. Took him up to 6,400 ft to watch the sunrise.  Mt. Rainier does some beautiful things when the sun is coming up :) 

(Does everyone remember that purple mountain back ground that came with XP?  That is Rainier for those of you I haven't already told :tt2: )

« Last Edit: July 28, 2014, 02:58:15 pm by lilfroger »
Install, Owners, & Service Manuals for many years & makes:
http://www.scribd.com/lilfroger

Offline BigRiver

• The Patriot Missile
  • NASCAR Crew Chief
  • Awards:
    100k600 HPROTMDonation
Re: Summer time with the Kid
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2014, 03:03:51 pm »
Beautiful mountain views, especially with the 95 degrees / 95 percent humidity down here.  :-[

Plain Jane Stock (for now)

Offline Methos

• Slowly going crazy....
  • Administrator
  • NASCAR Crewmember
  • Awards:
    MOTY200K400 HPDonor
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2014, 04:33:09 pm »
Beautiful mountain views, especially with the 95 degrees / 95 percent humidity down here.  :-[

You keep that stuff down south Mr. Walt.... I like this week's forecast for Indy:

Offline BigRiver

• The Patriot Missile
  • NASCAR Crew Chief
  • Awards:
    100k600 HPROTMDonation
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2014, 06:26:02 pm »
Dennis, I guess I'm getting "catch back" for all the cold weather snickering I did last winter. :whistling:

Plain Jane Stock (for now)

Questions, Concerns, Comments? Contact DOF Administrators
DodgeOwnerForums.com is not affiliated with Chrysler Group, LLC or Cummins, Inc