270799 Posts in 19739 Topics - by 1830 Members - Latest Member: Simplesimon

Hello Guest
Show unread posts since last visit.
Show new replies to your posts.

Author Topic: What kind of fusebox is this?  (Read 1357 times)

Offline MarvWalker

• Awards:
What kind of fusebox is this?
« on: October 03, 2014, 08:08:11 pm »
I recently bought an '86 Custom 150 to throw money at. Doesn't seem to be a lot of places available to catch the money or, for that matter, to even get info about it. It seems to be something that just magically appeared. Parts people get the thousand yard stare at the words, " '86 Custom 150."

I have been fighting an over night battery drain for some time and have been unable to find it.

One of the methods I've tried is putting a test light in the load circuit and then removing fuses until the light goes out.

I have looked through manuals supposedly covering this model, zilch. I have been unable to find any fuse box info that even closely matches what I seem to have.

I found where a big wad of wires go into an array by the steering column and a fusebox(??) opposite that in the engine compartment. I opened it and found a strange arrangement that looked like a fuse box.

When I pulled one of the fuses(??) I got a little thin yellow solid plastic wafer that looked like nothing I've ever seen before. No visible current path on the thing.

I have looked the truck over with a fine tooth comb. That is the only thing that comes close to a fuse box.

Comments?

Thanks,

Marv Walker

Offline Tom Courtright

• Dakota Section Moderator
  • NASCAR Crew Chief
  • You can find me in the chatroom
  • Awards:
    Layed OutMile HighDonorShade Tree CertContributor
Re: What kind of fusebox is this?
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2014, 12:25:19 am »
The only fusebox mine has is under the steering column under the dash board.
But being a 92 there's bound to be differences

it aint low till it scars asphalt

Go Stupid Or Go Home

Offline MarvWalker

• Awards:
Re: What kind of fusebox is this?
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2014, 11:52:22 pm »
The only fusebox mine has is under the steering column under the dash board.
But being a 92 there's bound to be differences

I see I've inadvertently said it was a '68 at some point in posting, it's an '86.

And way up under the dashboard, pushed out of sight, I found what is a recognizable fuse box.  Now I just need to find out what circuit is what.

Thanks for the help.

I'm sure I'll be back.

Marv Walker

Questions, Concerns, Comments? Contact DOF Administrators
DodgeOwnerForums.com is not affiliated with Chrysler Group, LLC or Cummins, Inc