270799 Posts in 19739 Topics - by 1829 Members - Latest Member: Simplesimon

Hello Guest
Show unread posts since last visit.
Show new replies to your posts.

Author Topic: Got a problem  (Read 1564 times)

Offline Verrucktwolf

• NASCAR Crewmember
  • Awards:
    Donor
Got a problem
« on: January 16, 2015, 04:48:05 pm »
Found a problem with the Journey that I'm hoping someone can help.  Apparently the dipstick broke off at some point and some of it is stuck in the tube.  Can I remove the tube to get the broken piece out?  I don't have the car right in front of me, so not sure how far down it broke, hoping it might be able to be fished out with a magnet, but if worse comes to worse, I'm hoping I don't have to have the thing taken apart.
2003 Neon SXT, Flowmaster Exhaust, 16" Fittipaldi Flame rims wrapped in Continental ContiProContact tires

Offline Batman

• Sr Technician
  • Awards:
Re: Got a problem
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2015, 04:37:04 am »
Do you have one of those flexible magnets things small enough to fit in the tube?  That would likely be strong enough to pull out the rest of the stick.
Big Truck: 98.5 24-valve CTD, 4x4, Auto, Quad-cab, Shortbed (Sold!  I will be finding another truck, this time it'll be a 12-valve with a 5-speed!)
Wife's Car: 2012 Charger 3.5L SXT Silver
My Car: 1996 BMW 328i convertible, 5-speed, Black
Little Truck: 1972 GMC K1500 V-eight, 4x4, Auto, Shortbed
Mileage maker: 1995 Maxima, 5-spd, Black
Wifey's Car: 2012 Charger SXT, Silver, V6

Offline Verrucktwolf

• NASCAR Crewmember
  • Awards:
    Donor
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2015, 12:38:46 pm »
It actually looks like the handle of the dipstick broke off and part of it is jammed down in the tube.  As soon as I get some free time, gonna drill a screw through the plug and try to pull it out.  Supposedly the handles on these dipsticks break off easy.
2003 Neon SXT, Flowmaster Exhaust, 16" Fittipaldi Flame rims wrapped in Continental ContiProContact tires

Offline Verrucktwolf

• NASCAR Crewmember
  • Awards:
    Donor
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2015, 02:09:06 am »
Anyone have a engine codes list for a Journey?  Got the dipstick tube replaced today and now I'm throwing two codes.  The one I remember is 0957, the other was in the 600's.  This after having to silicone the new tube to the oil pan as it appears some of the old tube broke off and the hole in the oil pan was no where near big enough for the new tube, so cut it shorter and have it LAYERED with silicone to keep a tight seal for now.  And also my battery died while doing this so I'm hoping the light is related to that lol.

Questions, Concerns, Comments? Contact DOF Administrators
DodgeOwnerForums.com is not affiliated with Chrysler Group, LLC or Cummins, Inc