270799 Posts in 19739 Topics - by 1829 Members - Latest Member: Simplesimon

Hello Guest
Show unread posts since last visit.
Show new replies to your posts.

Author Topic: 4.7 coil pack boots  (Read 1389 times)

Offline 4thHorseman

• Awards:
4.7 coil pack boots
« on: March 23, 2015, 02:03:34 am »
Hello, I am new on these forums. I wanted to mention something I found helpful today changing spark plugs on 4.7 2008 (and above maybe).
I changed my upper spark plugs today and tore 2 boots. I was told I would have to buy new coil packs because the boots were torn and the boots were not sold.
I will tell you I found coil packs boots for sale at NAPA auto parts. Part number 702517 made by Belden.
They can also be found on the internet for about 10 bucks.
Those of you who have trouble getting the torn boots out, I wish to share a trick with you. Use a pair of thin needle nose plier and put one needle nose plier tooth (lack of a better word) between the plug and a boot and the the other between the boot and valve cove and pull it it out. You my tear it, but new boots can be purchase reasonably cheap. Be sure to put dielectric grease on the new boots and and spark plug shell.  :smiley:
Just thought I would share this with you guys that have problems with torn coil pack boots.

Offline lilfroger

• Administrator
  • Mechanical God!!!
  • Not a "god" ... I just talk a lot
  • Awards:
    ROTMDonorARMYMOTY
Re: 4.7 coil pack boots
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2015, 05:22:57 am »
And right there is why when the time comes I'm gonna be a chicken & pay the bloody dealership to do them. Everyone complains about changing them. Glad you find a fix :up:
Install, Owners, & Service Manuals for many years & makes:
http://www.scribd.com/lilfroger

Questions, Concerns, Comments? Contact DOF Administrators
DodgeOwnerForums.com is not affiliated with Chrysler Group, LLC or Cummins, Inc