270799 Posts in 19739 Topics - by 1829 Members - Latest Member: Simplesimon

Hello Guest
Show unread posts since last visit.
Show new replies to your posts.

Author Topic: Soo.... I got myself a project  (Read 6227 times)

Offline Smitty

• Service Manager
  • Awards:
    100KDonorUSAF
Re: Soo.... I got myself a project
« Reply #30 on: October 10, 2015, 02:36:14 pm »
fuggen troop seats...

So, part of my work was to detach the troop seats (8 total) so I could disassemble them for new wood.  Well, the wood is rotten enough that the lag bolts are turning when I twist the bolts.  On some of them I've been able to grab the heads with vise-grips and finish the job. 

Now I'm at the point where I'm using a wood drill bit and drilling out the wood in an attempt to break the slats loose and be able to grip the remaining bolts to un-do them. 

It'd probably be simpler with some sort of saw system, but I don't have much more than a hand circular or saber saw/sawzall.  For as old and rotten as the wood is, its still surprisingly resilient...   :banging:

Troop seats? I assume seats for troops?  :innocent: In the cab or bed?
2017 Ram 2500 Big Horn 4x4, 6.7 CTD
2016 Heritage Glen 272RLS

Offline bikemancs

• NASCAR Crew Chief
  • Awards:
    100krotmDonorArmy
« Reply #31 on: October 11, 2015, 01:55:57 am »
Bed, it was designed to hold 8 Troops plus equipment.  They decided to do individual seats, so each troop would have his own.  You'd sit with your butt just below the bed rails and knees facing in.  should be fairly comfortable.

Good news... Powdercoating is done, and I have the brush guard back.  Also picked her up from the body shop.  Metal work is done and we are moving to sanding in prep for paint.  we're hoping to start tomorrow and Monday and paint next Sunday. 

MAG-Tech Transmission Pan and Diff Covers, Isspro Gauges, UWS Tool box, Magnaflow 5" Exhaust, AFe Intake, Mopar Heated Seats

Offline bikemancs

• NASCAR Crew Chief
  • Awards:
    100krotmDonorArmy
« Reply #32 on: December 12, 2015, 08:11:34 pm »
picture

fine, do it this way...

« Last Edit: December 12, 2015, 08:13:34 pm by bikemancs »

MAG-Tech Transmission Pan and Diff Covers, Isspro Gauges, UWS Tool box, Magnaflow 5" Exhaust, AFe Intake, Mopar Heated Seats

Offline Smitty

• Service Manager
  • Awards:
    100KDonorUSAF
« Reply #33 on: December 13, 2015, 05:19:12 am »
 :up:
2017 Ram 2500 Big Horn 4x4, 6.7 CTD
2016 Heritage Glen 272RLS

Offline monika

• Awards:
« Reply #34 on: December 15, 2015, 12:59:32 am »
A 1977 M880, 5/4T military gasser.  Got it from surplus auction out of Ames Iowa, the DNR.  Don't know the interior condition.  Sadly, only got one picture.  Have a quote out with uship right now for pickup and delivery.

ike

Questions, Concerns, Comments? Contact DOF Administrators
DodgeOwnerForums.com is not affiliated with Chrysler Group, LLC or Cummins, Inc