270799 Posts in 19739 Topics - by 1829 Members - Latest Member: Simplesimon

Hello Guest
Show unread posts since last visit.
Show new replies to your posts.

Author Topic: Hood Wiring Location - 2002 Ram 1500  (Read 1013 times)

Offline 4CO2OP0

• Awards:
Hood Wiring Location - 2002 Ram 1500
« on: August 31, 2015, 05:26:43 pm »
I have some wires that were balled up in the driver side of the engine compartment, I am fairly certain they are wires for the under hood light and Ambient Air Temp Sensor and they are supposed to be mounted on the underside of the Hood.

I would appreciate if someone could provide a picture or two or 3 of the underside of the hood with the two wires running from the driver side hinge up to the ending locations so I can see exactly how they are supposed to be ran/mounted. The truck has a replacement hood and apparently the wires were not mounted after being removed from the old hood. I have purchased a replacement light and ambient air sensor already but wanted to be sure I was mounting them correctly. Any help is appreciated.

(I have done quite a few searches over the past week trying to find an image or diagram that showed the location, now I am hoping someone here can help me) Thank you in advance!

Offline noplugs

• Kung Fu Panda! - closeted conservative
  • Administrator
  • NASCAR Crew Chief
  • This thing has 4 wheel drive?
  • Awards:
    600 HPShade TreeDistinguishedApril ROTMDonor
Re: Hood Wiring Location - 2002 Ram 1500
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2015, 10:04:15 pm »
It is most likely just the hood lamp. I think the Temp sensor is either going to be in the intake tube or in the head.
659 HP/1287 TQ -- She's BACK!  Yeah,,, nope she's not stock..

Doghouse Diesel Performance rocks

Nothing is exactly as it seems,nor is it otherwise

Questions, Concerns, Comments? Contact DOF Administrators
DodgeOwnerForums.com is not affiliated with Chrysler Group, LLC or Cummins, Inc