270799 Posts in 19739 Topics - by 1829 Members - Latest Member: Simplesimon

Hello Guest
Show unread posts since last visit.
Show new replies to your posts.

Author Topic: 2015 8.4AN Navigation Crash and Re-Activate  (Read 1396 times)

Offline mikemartin88

• 2015 Durango Citadel AWD
  • Awards:
2015 8.4AN Navigation Crash and Re-Activate
« on: August 31, 2015, 05:29:56 pm »
So after working fine for a little over a week, on my drive home yesterday (180 mile drive from my son's house), the navigation screen started blanking the map (some info was still there at the top and sides of the screen, but the map just disappeared), the nav would "lock up" (i.e. position and distance to next turn stopped updating), then a graphic of a globe with a message about the Navigation activating would come up.  After the screen with the globe went away, Navigation would come back up, but navigation to my destination wouldn't re-start, I would have to re-enter the destination and start the route again.  This happened around 5 times in the course of an hour, after which I just turned it off.  We stopped for gas, (during which I completely shut everything off).  When we set back out, everything worked fine again for the remaining hour and 15 minutes of the journey.
I'll definitely bring it to the dealership if this happens again, as we've only had it for a week, but was wondering if anyone has experienced similar weirdness with the navigation.  Interesting that every other feature I accessed (radio, SXM, media, climate, controls, etc.) worked fine during the time the Nav was freaking out.  I have Uconnect software version 15.17.5 installed.
I'll post updates whether it happens again or not.  Thanks for any info you can share.

Offline mikemartin88

• 2015 Durango Citadel AWD
  • Awards:
Re: 2015 8.4AN Navigation Crash and Re-Activate
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2015, 05:24:34 pm »
Glad nobody here is having any issues.  Tons of other people reporting the same problem over on dodgedurango.net  Sounds like it's likely tied to the last firmware update, and is being worked...

Offline bikemancs

• NASCAR Crew Chief
  • Awards:
    100krotmDonorArmy
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2015, 03:13:33 pm »
I think we only have one other active Durango on here, and it's not a new one. 

I'd verify the wires are tight, battery connection and similar, but after that, if it happens again, dealership.  Problem is the dealership might say it's a Garmin problem and Garmin will say it's a Chrysler problem. 

MAG-Tech Transmission Pan and Diff Covers, Isspro Gauges, UWS Tool box, Magnaflow 5" Exhaust, AFe Intake, Mopar Heated Seats

Offline jakebrake

• NASCAR Crew Chief
  • Wired
  • Awards:
    MileHighTech
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2015, 02:18:12 pm »
Rarely use the nav in ours, but works flawlessly each time I have.  I will be looking for a recall or a tsb though for it.
*2015 Durango R/T
*2006 Durango Limited
*2000 F250

Special thanks to Rich at www.doghousediesel.com

Questions, Concerns, Comments? Contact DOF Administrators
DodgeOwnerForums.com is not affiliated with Chrysler Group, LLC or Cummins, Inc