270799 Posts in 19739 Topics - by 1830 Members - Latest Member: Simplesimon

Hello Guest
Show unread posts since last visit.
Show new replies to your posts.

Author Topic: HID head lights wiper blade issues  (Read 1347 times)

Offline tommy3gun

• Awards:
HID head lights wiper blade issues
« on: January 09, 2016, 03:55:24 am »
So I've had HID headlights and fog lights in my 2005 ram 3500 ctd.  I am not sure if it matters or not if its diesel since this really don't pertain to the engine itself.  IF I turned the fog lights on the radio lost reception,    But the issue was IF I left my headlights on and shut the truck off the window wiper would wipe ONE time. If I shut the headlights off the wiper would wipe ONE time.   If I was driving with the wipers on delay headlights on the wipers would wipe but not delay the wipers would wipe twice, or  three times then delay and so on.   
turned the headlights off and everything is okay.   ODD   My thought behind it the HID headlights must have been causing issues with the wipers.   So I took them out tossed them in the garbage and installed the factory lights.  Everything works fine.   but I worry that I may have issues with the BCM or fuse box at a later date.  I guess I'll cross that bridge when I get to it??   
Dodge makes it Cummins shakes it

Offline lilfroger

• Administrator
  • Mechanical God!!!
  • Not a "god" ... I just talk a lot
  • Awards:
    ROTMDonorARMYMOTY
Re: HID head lights wiper blade issues
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2016, 06:18:38 am »
It's gotta be a ground. It's always a ground our battery issue on our trucks.
Install, Owners, & Service Manuals for many years & makes:
http://www.scribd.com/lilfroger

Offline CARiD

• Awards:
Re: HID head lights wiper blade issues
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2016, 03:50:57 pm »
I heard about HID issues on Ram trucks and Jeeps, but not with the wipers. Try to contact the supplier of your HID lights they may have an optional wire harness or any other solution for you.

Questions, Concerns, Comments? Contact DOF Administrators
DodgeOwnerForums.com is not affiliated with Chrysler Group, LLC or Cummins, Inc