270799 Posts in 19739 Topics - by 1830 Members - Latest Member: Simplesimon

Hello Guest
Show unread posts since last visit.
Show new replies to your posts.

Author Topic: 2008 Caliber 2.0  (Read 1126 times)

Offline Buford445

• Ram Section Moderator
  • Mechanical God!!!
  • I'm a little teapot short & stout
  • Awards:
    ROTMContributorDonation
2008 Caliber 2.0
« on: January 11, 2016, 12:06:28 am »
For a friend

Ok you Dodge motor heads Jack Williams and Edward EverestMy ABS light has been on for over a year.  It first came on when they were repaving the roads and I slowly went over the new layer of tar and I heard a loud popping sound.  I continued a few miles to a friends house stayed a few minutes and left.  My ABS light was on and I could not use my cruise control.  I had my right wheel sensor replaced and the light went off.  Shortly after that the light started going on and off but the cruise works.  When I took it back they said it was the ABS module - Code C2116 - and the part cost $300 but they had no idea where it was.  Could be under the seat or under the hood.  I stopped by the Dodge dealership and the parts guy had no clue what the module was or what I was talking about.  I went over to the service department and they said it could be anything and would cost $120 to diagnose it.  I have noticed that when the light is on the RPM's run higher than normal and the car burns more gas.  I found a forum online and they listed a whole bunch of stuff to try.  April's boyfriend did my front breaks and checked those sensors but they looked fine.  We went through all the fuses that deal with that and they are all fine.  About a month ago the cruise quit working again so I went to a different shop and they said the left rear sensor was bad and they replaced that but the light is still on.  They put it back on the rack and poked and prodded but haven't found anything.  Any suggestions or ideas?

Thanks To HTS Transmission

PEOPLE MAY NOT REMEMBER EXACTLY
WHAT YOU DID, OR WHAT YOU SAID ~BUT~THEY WILL
ALWAYS REMEMBER HOW YOU MADE THEM
FEEL.

Questions, Concerns, Comments? Contact DOF Administrators
DodgeOwnerForums.com is not affiliated with Chrysler Group, LLC or Cummins, Inc