270799 Posts in 19739 Topics - by 1829 Members - Latest Member: Simplesimon

Hello Guest
Show unread posts since last visit.
Show new replies to your posts.

Author Topic: Ram 2500 CEL/Exhaust regeneration  (Read 1732 times)

Offline Dabb

• Awards:
Ram 2500 CEL/Exhaust regeneration
« on: October 18, 2016, 03:02:30 pm »
Hi all, new to the forum. I purchased a new 2016 2500 diesel 5 weeks ago and have had the same problem over and over. On the 4th day of ownership the CEL came on and the message about exhaust filter being 100% full. The truck was with the dealer all day while they tried to figure it out. Finally came back and said it was the NOX sensor and fixed. The Regen message comes on about every 2-3 days even right after highway use. Now the CEL is back on again. My dealer has a horrible service dept and I am hoping for some help. Thanks.

Offline bikemancs

• NASCAR Crew Chief
  • Awards:
    100krotmDonorArmy
Re: Ram 2500 CEL/Exhaust regeneration
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2016, 02:27:01 am »
find another dealer...

MAG-Tech Transmission Pan and Diff Covers, Isspro Gauges, UWS Tool box, Magnaflow 5" Exhaust, AFe Intake, Mopar Heated Seats

Offline NickBeek

• Mechanical God!!!
  • Awards:
    Donor150k400 HPContributor
Re: Ram 2500 CEL/Exhaust regeneration
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2016, 04:57:17 pm »
What are your driving habits? Do you do a lot of shot trips? I've found my '14 will regenerate at least once per tank of fuel. I have an Edge CTS and it shows when it is in regeneration. Usually if I see it's in regen I'll continue to drive for about 10 or 15 minutes until it completes. If it doesn't complete, it will attempt to finish the regen as soon as I start driving again. I haven't experienced this last part, but after a certain number of attempts failing to finish a regen it will throw codes. If you always do short trips, you never run long enough to complete the regen.
2014 Ram 2500 Laramie, 4x4, 3.42 gears. Auto Trans, Crew cab, long bed. Window Visors, trifold bed cover.

Questions, Concerns, Comments? Contact DOF Administrators
DodgeOwnerForums.com is not affiliated with Chrysler Group, LLC or Cummins, Inc