270799 Posts in 19739 Topics - by 1830 Members - Latest Member: Simplesimon

Hello Guest
Show unread posts since last visit.
Show new replies to your posts.

Author Topic: '92 D150 starting problem  (Read 1578 times)

Offline paulpauliepablo

• Awards:
'92 D150 starting problem
« on: October 27, 2016, 05:05:12 pm »
 :helpsmilie:
  Greetings from Providence, Rhode Island.  I'm working on a shoestring here and I'm hoping someone out there can help me out.  I'm a guy that likes wrenching and trying to figure out a  starting problem.  Symptom:  truck won't start in the morning,turns over, cranks. Leave the key on for 10 minutes to an hour in the relays next to the battery on the fender wall start to click when they click the engine light starts flashing it slows down engine light goes off clicking stops truck will start and run normal.  I've had the fuel pump sending unit and filter renewed at a local shop to the tune of $415 but this still does this, and the shop said they can't figure it out.  I've renewed the relays also. Now when it's cold it won't start clicking and won't do it's thing...
 Any suggestions?....
 :argh:

Offline lilfroger

• Administrator
  • Mechanical God!!!
  • Not a "god" ... I just talk a lot
  • Awards:
    ROTMDonorARMYMOTY
Re: '92 D150 starting problem
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2016, 08:01:43 pm »
1st gen's used in-line relays didn't they .... oh joy! Grounds are normally the fail on those aren't they.  Being a '92 you're going to have a hell of a time finding any wiring schematics also -- oldest I've got is '04 for the Rams.  I've got a '95 Dakota if you think it might help.
Install, Owners, & Service Manuals for many years & makes:
http://www.scribd.com/lilfroger

Offline paulpauliepablo

• Awards:
Re: '92 D150 starting problem
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2016, 03:35:32 pm »
http://www.dodgeownerforums.com/smf/Smileys/default/Wrench.png
Thanks lilfroger,
 I will  try checking all of the grounds that I can dealing with the fuel system but it might be a big chase...
 This is a fuel injected truck, so there's lots of things to check like the coldstart sensor and as much as I love the truck...
  I happened upon this forum and joined in my search for info. I do everything on my iPhone and not a computer and it's a little bit of hassle navigating. Again thanks for your help. I jost thought maybe somebody out there would've had the same problem and be able to help me out...
  My philosophy in life has always been that the only dumb question is the one that never got asked...

IYNHAGTIYODF*©PRL2016

*If you're not having a good time it's your own damn fault!

Questions, Concerns, Comments? Contact DOF Administrators
DodgeOwnerForums.com is not affiliated with Chrysler Group, LLC or Cummins, Inc