270799 Posts in 19739 Topics - by 1830 Members - Latest Member: Simplesimon

Hello Guest
Show unread posts since last visit.
Show new replies to your posts.

Author Topic: Lifetime Powertrain Warranty Cancelled  (Read 1606 times)

Offline jedsono27

• Awards:
Lifetime Powertrain Warranty Cancelled
« on: December 14, 2016, 07:04:28 am »
I joined this site to find others affected by their Lifetime Powertrain Warranties being cancelled due to a lack of having their five year inspection.

Looking for all Dodge, Chrysler and Jeep owners that had there Lifetime Powertrain Warranties cancelled to form a Class Action Lawsuit. Looking for 2007 and 2008 owners even if you got rid of the vehicle after the fact.

I have spoken to an attorney who agrees we have a case. I just need a few more individuals to begin.

Please repost this announcement anywhere you think will reach other owners affected by this.

Please contact me at [email protected] with your name, vehicle year, make, and model along with your contact information with a short explanation of how you were affected.

Here is an extremely long explanation of what is going on. 

I have included a little (actually A LOT) about my situation in my introduction and below.  I sent this to Dodge but have received no relief.

I have been a dodge owner several times. I even trade in my 2003 Dodge Ram in to get the new 2007 with the Lifetime Powertrain Warranty. I even went as far as buying the Lifetime Bumper to Bumper Max Care for my New Dodge Ram because I new I would be keeping this truck for a very long time.

A few years ago I found out they voided my Lifetime Powertrain Warranty due to not having a 5-year inspection.  What 5-year inspection?  Never heard of such a thing. The dealership never mentioned this to me and it was always in the dealership to get routine maintenance and other work done. I told the customer service rep at Dodge Customer Service that I was not aware of this inspection and they told me it was in my manual and there is nothing they could do.  It was my responsibility to get the inspection done. I told them it is hard to get anything done when you have no idea it is required.

GUESS WHAT, THERE IS ALSO NOTHING IN MY MANUAL ABOUT IT EITHER.

I didn’t’ argue too much because I knew I had the Lifetime Max Care Warranty on my truck. The only difference would be I would have to pay a $100.00 dollar deductible for any repairs I would need in the future instead of getting it for free with the Power Train Warranty.  So I moved ahead.

BAD MOVE!!!  Here we are a few years later and my transmission will not come out of 2nd gear.  I dropped it off at the dealership and was told my transmission wasn’t covered because of my Powertrain Warranty being cancelled. I told them I have the Max Care coverage and I would pay the $100.00 dollar deductible.  I was then informed that my Max Care wouldn’t cover it either. SURPRISE!!!!! Max Care covers what the Powertrain Warranty doesn’t, of course that was never mentioned to me when I purchased it but why would it need to be, I am sure they never anticipated my Powertrain Warranty being cancelled. The only thing I was ever told back then was the warranty was Non-Transferable.

The whole thing seems a little deceitful to me.

Again I’ve called the customer service rep at Dodge and was told they could do nothing to help me.  Then I asked to speak to a Supervisor and was told they wouldn’t be able to help me either.  I told the customer service rep to have his supervisor call me anyway and here I am 5 days later and the customer service supervisor has attempted to call me back once on Monday and left a voicemail stating “He was sorry he wasn’t able to reach me and he would reach out to me again in the next day or two. “ No phone number let to return his call

THE NEXT DAY OR TWO????  ARE YOU KIDDING ME? Is this how important your customers are to you? 

I guess supervisor Tom from Ram Customer Assistance had absolutely no interest in helping me.  I am assuming if the $3900.00 dollars were coming out of Tom’s (from Ram Customer Assistance) pocket for the transmission repair he would have left a number for me to call him back.  I guess that is how Mopar, Jeep, Chrysler and Dodge do business.

After that “NO” I attempted to reach Dodge through their Facebook page.

I found a service receipt from Dodge in Dallas that showed my truck was in the shop during the 60 days inspection window of my 5-year anniversary in 2012.  I wondered why my inspection wasn’t performed then or why they didn't tell me about it. This was our communication after they told me again that they would not reinstate me.

The previous decision was not based on the supporting documentation that I supplied you.  I would like to know why I was not told of the required inspection when my vehicle was in the service center during the time of the required inspection?
I can only conclude this is so Dodge and the service centers can make more money off of repairs that would have been covered under the warranty. I feel like Dodge is defrauding their customer by withholding this important service information in an effort to save money by voiding the warranty.

This is exactly why the Magnuson-Moss Act was enacted.

I was hoping we could rectify this situation between the two of us however it appears as though I need to take things a step further now. 

I will be contacting the Attorney Generals Office in Texas where I purchased the vehicle, in New York where I now reside and in Michigan where your headquarters are. I will also be contacting The FTC along with the BBB and posting these deceptive practices of Dodge on the forums where it appears many others have fallen victim to your companies fraudulent business handling.

I am not sure why no one has stepped up and opened up a class action law suit against Dodge, Chrysler and Jeep as of yet but from where I'm standing you are leaving me and your other customers no other option. Why can't Dodge admit they messed up with the owners of the 2007 vehicles included in the lifetime Powertrain Warranty and just reinstate the warranties they have voided.  It seems to me they would benefit by retaining their loyal customers instead of alienating them.

I pray we can resolve this situation before it has to go any further.  It's obvious there was nothing wrong with my vehicle 4 years ago considering I have been driving it these past 4 years without running into this problem.  Just reinstate my Powertrain Warranty and contact the dealership to make payment so I can get my truck out of the dealership tomorrow. I would prefer not to incur any addition rental car expenses.

Offline lilfroger

• Administrator
  • Mechanical God!!!
  • Not a "god" ... I just talk a lot
  • Awards:
    ROTMDonorARMYMOTY
Re: Lifetime Powertrain Warranty Cancelled
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2016, 01:16:07 am »
My dealership was in constant communication about the inspection. Always knew I had a good Service Manager. Good luck with a solution.
Install, Owners, & Service Manuals for many years & makes:
http://www.scribd.com/lilfroger

Offline Smitty

• Service Manager
  • Awards:
    100KDonorUSAF
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2016, 01:25:15 am »
I have a 2007...never heard of the inspection.
2017 Ram 2500 Big Horn 4x4, 6.7 CTD
2016 Heritage Glen 272RLS

Offline kenz

• Michigan Historian
  • Sportsman Moderator
  • NASCAR Crew Chief
  • Coming to a state near you
  • Awards:
    100KContributing MemberDonor
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2016, 03:14:35 am »
Mine being a 2005 and to much stuff remove from it, doesn't include me. But good luck in your fight.

2005 QC Dually 2wd CTD 6-spd. SRT-6, AEM Brute Force intake, Smarty Sr., D.O.F. shift knob, 5" to dual side exit 4" exhaust, Quad Scout, road kill kat, 2011 Coachmen North Ridge fifth wheel

I MAY BE OLD, BUT I GOT TO SEE ALL THE GOOD BANDS.....

Questions, Concerns, Comments? Contact DOF Administrators
DodgeOwnerForums.com is not affiliated with Chrysler Group, LLC or Cummins, Inc